Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Skyline 2000GTR ´70 with RB26DETT and GTR34 chassis is purely amazing.

how far do the wheels stick out. i tried a toyota gt86 chassis in the 2000gtr, the wheels line up perfectly but stick out too far.

the 2000gtr is one of my favourites.

how far do the wheels stick out. i tried a toyota gt86 chassis in the 2000gtr, the wheels line up perfectly but stick out too far.

the 2000gtr is one of my favourites.

I took this from My Gallery, you can see the link in my Sig.

My client didnt show up so i took this for a ride. This car is running with RB26DETT and GTR34 Chassis. It also has additional lowering.

2000GTR BACK by FazerfanFIN, on Flickr

Skyline 2000GTR BACK by FazerfanFIN, on Flickr

2000GTR FRONT by FazerfanFIN, on Flickr

Skyline 2000GTR Drift by FazerfanFIN, on Flickr

Skyline 2000GTR FRONT by FazerfanFIN, on Flickr

I have a widebody M3 with the E90 V10 in it.. Glorious.
First I put the Ford GT chassis under it, which looked great. Then I found the Murcielago is even wider and fit well, so I put it under the M3 - which unfortunately made it handle like a bull :scared:

Turbo'd engine in a non-turbo'd car (stock) doesn't work. And vice versa. :(

Not true, it's just very hard to do..
It takes about 5 other inputs to make it work. Example, a friend I make a lot of cars with has a FT86-II concept with a BMW V12 LMR pairs with the Bugatti Veyrons quad-turbo system on it. Far from realistic I know, but it proves that it can be done..

A Supercharger on a NASCAR V8 also works :sly:

All I want is the stock exhaust sound from the donor engine. If all I can have are different sounds from the aftermarket exhaust, then I'm not even gonna bother. :(

All I want is the stock exhaust sound from the donor engine. If all I can have are different sounds from the aftermarket exhaust, then I'm not even gonna bother. :(

Just make sure the donor was a stock WRX exhaust (I've found the hatchback one gives less issues for some reason) and the new car has stock exhaust as well.

Both cars are bone stock. I have the codes for the hatch and the coupe. For some reason I couldn't get the hatchback engine to work in my '05 STi, so I used the coupe and it worked. Used the coupe engine on the BRZ, didn't work. Maybe I'll try the hatchback tonight.

It can be done, it just takes about 10 times more work and knowing what you're doing. If you can get on with us sometime we'll try and get the info from the guy who knows how.

Like Mitch said, he knows how to swap turbos from one engine to another, and get the sounds working properly.

I'm looking for a slightly wider chassis for my Silvia S15. When I give the wheels some camber it lookd ridiculous, lol. Anyone got a clue what will fit?

Think I am going to be making a Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni today..
While I'm at it, an FIA Lambo will probably see some day light ;)

Good, I have a 240Z with the R34 D1GP engine that needs help too...

Meet up with us all, we have a pretty good group of guys with really clever engine swaps and chassis replacements. None of which are as cool as my widebody M3 :sly: aha

I have made a 3 rotor 1200 bug and samba bus, made a RWD JZ2 Civic, and made a Volvo Station wanton with the SL55 V8, LS6 Swap S15, and A Audi TDI LMP engine in to the escudo. I mostly focus on relisic style mods, like if its on youtube, in RL, ill try it. or if its possible in RL.

Online room?

Either that or a Lounge, want me to add you right now?
I just made an Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo (1500hp)

Also just made a 1200hp UGR TT-Aventador, it's funny, the performance specs in real life are faster than the one in the game, need to get tuning.

Last edited:
I'll post some pics of my cars tomorrow, might make a review and start YouTubing as well ;)

Hey hybridmakers!

I just bought a low mileage Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition that could use a fully tuneable, 6-speed transmission. Could anyone convert it for me and what do you want as reward?

I'm not interested of powermods or chassis swaps at all, the transmission would be enough.

I'm online right now and able to send the car over to whoever is willing to do such mod.

Thanks in advance.

C'mon dude this isn't a "Build a car workshop" thread... This is us showing what we've made.
I'm sure you can find some guys online willing to help...

I'll post some pics of my cars tomorrow, might make a review and start YouTubing as well ;)

C'mon dude this isn't a "Build a car workshop" thread... This is us showing what we've made.
I'm sure you can find some guys online willing to help...

Just thought I'd ask here, where most of the modders are.

And I think most of you have better reputation then some random dude of the PSN.

8558443891_2f4d612c7a_b_d.jpg

I just completed a Cappuccino recently. I replaced it with the Caterham 7 Fireblade engine. No turbo, 240BHP. :D

Will post pics later. 👍

EDIT: Just managed a 1:04.397 on sports hard tires! :D

Last edited:
I just got into hybriding and I'm going to start off with the RMs. Like Mat123, I want to give the Cappuccino more power. Somewhere in the 300HP range sounds nice. Then I'm going to work on the NSX RM, which I also think is underpowered.

400 BHP
Engine: Subaru Impreza WRC 2008
Chassis: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05

Back