Open Water

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 23 comments
  • 957 views

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
Messages
18,565
United States
Michigan
Messages
CAMAROBOY69
Did anyone else see this? Terrible! Absolutely terrible. I was surprised with the ending but still an aweful movie. :crazy: 👎
 
I totally agree. And to think, they were actually advertising it as "Jaws meets The Blair Witch Project." It was boring to watch and a complete letdown. Not scary at all, and yes, the end was crap. It was almost as though they didn't have an ending, and they just did that to wrap everything up. Definitely a two thumbs DOWN.
 
I do admit it was the Blair Witch project all over again when I started watching that. The video quality was terrible!!!

*Warning spoiler*
Since they died in the movie (which was terribly sad the way they died :guilty: )
Did the real people survive? If they did then that would make the movie even worse the way the people died in it. :ouch:
But if they didn't survive then how would they know how the couple died? Since it was based on a true story. Especially the way they showed the woman dying. :guilty:
 
they probably found the bodies floating around somewhere lol or something like that. In any event I think they gathered how they died by lack of other choices. Either way what retard decided making a movie on these poor soul's ordeal was a good idea? Like....jesus christ.
 
I agree. My family rented this movie a few days ago from Hollywood Videos. The movie sucked! Worst movie I've ever seen.
 
the best part of the movie was the girl fully nude ???

i found it hard to feel sorry for these people when they never really tell you anything about them, they never say if they are married or not, they never once say I LOVE YOU, thy try to be funny, but it just makes the whole movie less frightning.

this movie is not at all "scarry " but what is "scarry" is that this really happend, and it could easily happen to you !!!
 
DRIFT GOD
the best part of the movie was the girl fully nude ???

Finally! Thank you, I was too shy to say it, but I thought she was really hot!
 
On all your reccomendations I'm not renting this.
So; how did they die then?
 
SPOILER - DO NOT READ BELOW, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING.

If I remember correctly, guy was attacked by an shark and bled to death(I think his body got eaten by sharks few minutes later).

The girl(Charlize Theron type) sinks(suicide?) at the end.
 
After watching that film I didnt really want to go scuba diving any time soon.
 
Emohawk
On all your reccomendations I'm not renting this.
So; how did they die then?
It ended just like a6m5 said. The guy had a bite on his leg about the size of a tennis ball. After a lot of crying, whining, and yelling the guy fell asleep. She checks his puls quite a bit later and he is dead. She lets him float away watching his body jerk around by the sharks then he disappears. You have to assume he got eaten since they dont show anything. Thru the entire movie you dont even see any of the sharks with their mouths open. 👎 Shortly after she watches him die she removes her air tanks and gear that keep her floating. A few seconds later she just she just lets herself sink under water. Yes suicide. THe worst part was that help was on the way to save them right when she killed herself. :dunce:
 
CAMAROBOY69
THe worst part was that help was on the way to save them right when she killed herself. :dunce:

I don't think they would have been found even if she didn't let herself drown. They drifted for a few DAYS!
 
I just saw this yesterday, and my god it was stupid and boring as hell. I might as well have went to the local pool and watched people float around in the water, with a quick glance into the women's dressing room. 👎 👎


As for the real people that this was based on, thier bodies were never found, and they were supposedly eaten. - Learned from watching a documentary on the discovery channel which was way more interesting to watch than the piece of trash movie.
 
Is this a movie that should be seen by everyone because it's so bad, or is it just barely good enough that no one should see it?
 
DONT WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE IT SUCKS!!!! Is that clear enough.
 
Camaro's right. It's not "good bad," it's just plain BAD. It's 2 hours you'll never get back.
 
Anderton Prime
Camaro's right. It's not "good bad," it's just plain BAD. It's 2 hours you'll never get back.

1 hour 10 mins if I remember correctly.
 
Still too long. And take a look at this review of the film from Dec. 31, 2004 / Jan. 7, 2005 issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine (where, by the way, Open Water reached #8 on Mr. Owen Gleiberman's Top 10 Movies of The Year List):

"Chris Kentis' ingeniously sustained, DV-shot, this-is-really-happening thriller is an elemental shoestring Jaws that refuses to let the audience off the hook the way that Hollywood fright films usually do. The use of real live sharks is shiver-worthy, but what's truly scary is that we have no idea, from moment to moment, what's going to happen. The ending will haunt you for weeks."

-Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly (Issue #799/800, December 31, 2004 - January 7, 2005)

Yeah right. Whatever. It's extremely difficult to believe that there are people out there who refuse to actually pay attention to a movie while they're watching it. This guy's review is a prime example of why I NEVER listen to critics. They're all whores.

By the way, if it's illegal to post this quote here, let me know and I'll remove it pronto.
 
No kidding. That review is a friggin joke. At least in jaws they showed shark teeth. The sharks in open water never looked like a thread. It looked like a petting zoo. I dont even think the sharks in the movie had any teeth. If they did then they never showed them. Ive seen more scary images on Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
 
King of the Hill: "heh, this isn't so bad...oh wait...whats it doing...oh no! aahhh! ahh! stop it! its trying to kill me!"

hahaha remember that episode? I know Jeff does...

"Mrs. Hill....the dolphin tried to mate with him."
 
Dredging up an ancient thread.

Just watched this movie.

Never more happy about having a fast forward button on the remote.

This should have been an internet only 10 minute movie. Missus_DA and I skipped entire chapters in it. I read the chapter titles from the cover, and we just skipped to the end to watch the chick submit to the sharks.

Drift_god stated the part that MDA and I thought the best.
 
Der Alta
Dredging up an ancient thread.

Just watched this movie.

Never more happy about having a fast forward button on the remote.

This should have been an internet only 10 minute movie. Missus_DA and I skipped entire chapters in it. I read the chapter titles from the cover, and we just skipped to the end to watch the chick submit to the sharks.

Drift_god stated the part that MDA and I thought the best.

i honestly think that seen was addded just to get a "R" rating, the girl was hot though 👍
 
Back