Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
Hi all,

I made this topic for GT3 about 2 years ago and now I think it's time to for GT4 :)

Which car is for you the best sounding one in GT4??

Let us know :)

Infact, from what I've heard from the soundfiles the RS4 is pretty much the most authentic. And because it's so deep and bassy it's my pick. Prob. together with a Vanquish :P

what about some stock cars?? Like a fully tuned audi TT in GT3 (liked that a lot) :)
There must be a stock car that sounds great

Max_DC
Fully tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 N1, about 690 hp I think...great sound....

Not trying to flame or anything... But it seems that in every thead like this, there are always 3 or 4 people putting this car down.

Favorite Car Thread:
Fully tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 N1

Best Handleing Car Thread:

Best Sounding Car Thread:

Best Looking Car Thread:

Favorite Turbo Car Thread:

Favorite Import Car Thread:

Favorite Fully tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 N1 Thread:

Favorite Domestic Car Thread:

Dunno how that one got in there? :dunce:

Honestly I use to love skylines, but their over hyped now-a-days. Seems everyone and their brother who's seen F&F and 2F2F are now die-hard skyline fans.

Great car, but 90% of their fan base no know nothing about it. Not saying thats you Max_DC, just the skylines fan base in general.

I think Taneras has a point, honestly. I like the Skyline as much as the next guy, it's a hell of a car. But it ain't the greatest machine ever to grace the Earth. As for engine sound, they do sound nice, but I much prefer the sound of a nice powerful European car. Unfortunately my final answer will have to wait a few weeks. This thread's a bit premature, since the vast majority of the forum hasn't even played the game yet.

Taneras
Not trying to flame or anything... But it seems that in every thead like this, there are always 3 or 4 people putting this car down.

Favorite Car Thread:

Best Handleing Car Thread:

Best Sounding Car Thread:

Best Looking Car Thread:

Favorite Turbo Car Thread:

Favorite Import Car Thread:

Favorite Fully tuned Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 N1 Thread:

Favorite Domestic Car Thread:

Dunno how that one got in there? :dunce:

Honestly I use to love skylines, but their over hyped now-a-days. Seems everyone and their brother who's seen F&F and 2F2F are now die-hard skyline fans.

Great car, but 90% of their fan base no know nothing about it. Not saying thats you Max_DC, just the skylines fan base in general.

Well, in fact you're absolutly right ! 2 Fast 2 Furious was a unrealistic and bad movie for the "other kind of car freak". I don't say they don't love cars in their special way, but I don't like NOS, disgusting vinyls, useless blinking neon lights and 50 pounds of sound/video equipment ...well some do and I don't care. These are the same people who prefer racing dvd's with half naked women and hip hop music instead of engine sounds ( Hashiriya, 360 videos VS Best Motoring, Tokyo Underground Saisoku, hot version etc)

And that's leading us to The Nissan Skyline N1... I like the N1 in GT 4 because of the carbon hood, so I bought it along with a V-spec II Nuer, but I tuned the N1; and it has a great sound (in reality but especially in GT 4, where I personally don't like some car's sound so much) and great handling as well.

And that is no miracle.

The sound of the inline 6 is just fantastic, I've been to Japan
for several times now, believe me, this sound in reality is special and can't be compared with other cars ( which doesn't mean I don't like the sound of other cars as well^^)
And the 4wheel steering, that perfectly combines the aspects of a 4WD and a RWD car by supporting oversteer makes that car faster although it is rather heavy...

The GT-R R34 is beautiful, agressive (sound&looks) and a true driver's machine, even if some NfsU/2F2F - wannabes made it a mainstream car....

Indeed, it seems that the GT-R can REALLY live up to its hype, something that is pretty hard to do (see Doom3, NFS6 and other examples).

Just an of-topic question: how does the R34 Vspec 2 handle at the Nordschleife?? does it show at least some oversteer?? Because I can only play the Japanese Demo and I can't turn the DSC off, so power oversteer is impossible t get......only if you feint, but you scrub too much speed....

So is the handling of the R34 really that good with assists off?
PS: Very sorry about the off-topic :)

I can only comment on those cars available in GT4P (PAL), but...

Woodone Supra JGTC! I simply love everytime that car gears (vvvvvvvrrrrrrrr-barrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrr)! And at lov revs it constantly growls and barfs - it's completely different from what I initially expected it to sound!

There are a lot of great sounding cars in GT4. A lot of times you will be quite surprised when installing a different muffler. A stock sylvia sounds like a, well, stock sylvia. Put a racing muffler on it and you've got something else altogether.

I'm not too impressed with the skyline sounds in GT4. I think they sounded better in GT3. Same goes for the gransport corvette. In GT3 the gran sport had a nice V8 rumble that seems to be missing in GT4.

My favorite engine sound so far is the Charger 440 R/T.

Speaking of engine sounds, why are they muted? If you want to hear what I'm talking about, drive into the pits and get your tires changed. It'll sound great as it is driving out of pit row, just like it should. And then suddenly the sounds will be muted when the car gets back onto the track.

Max_DC
Well, in fact you're absolutly right ! 2 Fast 2 Furious was a unrealistic and bad movie for the "other kind of car freak". I don't say they don't love cars in their special way, but I don't like NOS, disgusting vinyls, useless blinking neon lights and 50 pounds of sound/video equipment ...well some do and I don't care. These are the same people who prefer racing dvd's with half naked women and hip hop music instead of engine sounds ( Hashiriya, 360 videos VS Best Motoring, Tokyo Underground Saisoku, hot version etc)

And that's leading us to The Nissan Skyline N1... I like the N1 in GT 4 because of the carbon hood, so I bought it along with a V-spec II Nuer, but I tuned the N1; and it has a great sound (in reality but especially in GT 4, where I personally don't like some car's sound so much) and great handling as well.

And that is no miracle.

The sound of the inline 6 is just fantastic, I've been to Japan
for several times now, believe me, this sound in reality is special and can't be compared with other cars ( which doesn't mean I don't like the sound of other cars as well^^)
And the 4wheel steering, that perfectly combines the aspects of a 4WD and a RWD car by supporting oversteer makes that car faster although it is rather heavy...

The GT-R R34 is beautiful, agressive (sound&looks) and a true driver's machine, even if some NfsU/2F2F - wannabes made it a mainstream car....

Glad you didn't take any offense, because none was meant.

Its no doubt that the GT-R R34 is a monster of a car :) I'd own one in a heart beat.

Freddie
I can only comment on those cars available in GT4P (PAL), but...

Woodone Supra JGTC! I simply love everytime that car gears (vvvvvvvrrrrrrrr-barrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrr)! And at lov revs it constantly growls and barfs - it's completely different from what I initially expected it to sound!

Listen up: the Woodone Supra has lost the wonderful sound that it made in Prologue. I do not speak of a subtle change; rather the grumble has been removed completely. Prepare to be very disappointed.

One car type that now sounds great (in comparison with GT3) is the road going NSX family. Beautiful sound, almost musical. The S2000s have also benefited from the move to GT4.

Samberto
One car type that now sounds great (in comparison with GT3) is the road going NSX family. Beautiful sound, almost musical. The S2000s have also benefited from the move to GT4.
That is very true! They both have a much more and throaty and rich sound to them. Especially the NSX. I was pleasantly surprised by that, and also by how much it actually improves the driving experience. Likewise so can a bad engine/exhaust note rune it.

Hiroke
That is very true! They both have a much more and throaty and rich sound to them. Especially the NSX. I was pleasantly surprised by that, and also by how much it actually improves the driving experience. Likewise so can a bad engine/exhaust note rune it.
Yes indeed. I avoided the S2000 and NSX in GT3. How things have changed…

Ok, here are a few highly disappointing cases. It’s hard to fathom how PD could go backwards from GT3, yet despite the vast number of vehicles, there is less distinction from car to car in GT4.
-The AC 427 S/C sounds like a vacuum cleaner. However Shelby Cobra rumbles!
-The DB9 does not sound like the DB7 or Vanquish. (stops me from driving it)
-The V8s in M3 GTR Road and Race cars sound like food processors.
-The RGT now has an added layer of sound that undermines its greatness.
-The CLK LM should have a massive ‘muscle car like’ soundtrack. Thinner than almost all of the LM cars. Artificial sound created by PD without reference to the real thing. Two Stroke...
-The Panoz has lost some of the spitting quality in its sound.
-The RUF 3400S now sounds unlike the RGT (despite very similar engine and exhaust system) not really discernable as a flat six.
-The BMW LMR and the Mc F1 GTR should have a shrieking V12. Bland artificial construction.
-The four cylinder JGTC Supras (such as Castrol/Denso) have lost their raspy sound. They now sound alike to the MRS race car in GT3.

The list goes on and on…

Back