Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
loki993
one thing that has always disappointed me about the gt series was the sound of the cars. they never sounded right to me, ESPECIALLY the american v8s. they have always sounded the worst of anything. every time a new one comes out i hope they fix it and sadly they do not. i was also hoping for this game. i guess ill se when i get it. i dont know any of the cars from this one but in gt3 the gt40 race car on the seattle license test was my favorite.

You will be pleased to hear that the sound of the GT40 Race car has not been changed. The evil rasp remains intact.

Samberto
Listen up: the Woodone Supra has lost the wonderful sound that it made in Prologue. I do not speak of a subtle change; rather the grumble has been removed completely. Prepare to be very disappointed.

Hmrfp, not good! That sound gave that particular car far more character than any of the other alternatives. :grumpy: They didn't touch the M5, did they? The engine note in prologue matched the engine note I heard in a preview of the car. :scared:

Freddie
Hmrfp, not good! That sound gave that particular car far more character than any of the other alternatives. :grumpy: They didn't touch the M5, did they? The engine note in prologue matched the engine note I heard in a preview of the car. :scared:

Have no fear, the production M5 sounds very similar to the concept M5 that features in Prologue.

I must say that it seems quite odd to hear a formula 1 style wail coming from nearly two tonnes of brawny sedan. Incidentally, the V10 in the Audi Le Mans Quattro sounds throatier than the BMW unit.

Bilgewater
As for the "recorded each car" bit, that's obviously bull****. They recorded a few of the cars.

Don't believe anything sony or PD says about the game. How many things have either Yamauchi or Sony said about GT4? Straight from the horse's mouth we've heard that there would be improved AI (this was what they were saying about GT3 and now they're blathering about it on GT4 despite the fact that nobody agrees with them), online play, drag racing, etc. etc. etc.

Believe it when you see it. Or in the case of engine sounds, when you hear it.

It could be possible.

I thought that the Takata Dome NSX sounded nice in Prologue, it was a very odd sound when you drived really slowly REALLY slowly, and about those sounds that "don't live up against their counterparts" or something, I really don't know if someone means it's not realistic or that it's just a bad, boring sound??

Toyota 88C-V
What a shame. I was really looking forward to that car.

It's not as bad as it seems. The problem is that the 69 vette isn't as throaty and muscular sounding as I want it to sound. Especially considering how beautiful it looks.

Maybe what I need to do is get a TV hooked up to my stereo and get a sub-woofer.

Honestly, the only muscle car I'm really disappointed with is the 69 Camaro SS. I've tried all the mufflers on it and it goes from sounding like **** to sounding like more ****.

Can you hear the spool up sound of the turbochargers more clearly now, and from the outside view? blow of valve sound from outside ?

UniqueWolf
So....All you guys say that the sounds in the game are "lame" ?....I hope not :crazy:

i know what you mean, Is there anything good in gt4? seriously the amount of moaning and bad stuff i keep hearing is telling me its infact worse than gt3 how this is possible i dont really know. Can someone with gt4 maybe start a thread about the nice things in gt4?? there must be a few of them surely, too most of us without the game all we seem too hear is negative things!!! its very depressing :indiff:

UniqueWolf
And The Golf R32 ?...Does That " :sly: Monster :sly: " Sound Good??

That one is a big dissapointment IMO... doesn't sound anything like the real car. :guilty:

To me, the group B rally cars sound the best, and several of the domestics have a very credible V8 sound, too, like the '62 Buick special and the Shelby Cobra.

The rotary cars like the RX7s and RX8s also aound pretty nice, and of course, the 787B sounds amazing and unique.

Honestly, though, the engine sounds in GT4 are probably one of its weakest points.

neurokinetik
That one is a big dissapointment IMO... doesn't sound anything like the real car. :guilty:

To me, the group B rally cars sound the best, and several of the domestics have a very credible V8 sound, too, like the '62 Buick special and the Shelby Cobra.

The rotary cars like the RX7s and RX8s also aound pretty nice, and of course, the 787B sounds amazing and unique.

Honestly, though, the engine sounds in GT4 are probably one of its weakest points.

I've heard some nice sounding samples in Akira's thread, but some just seemed so off I couldn't beleive it (basically, it seems like a lot of engine sounds are identical, especially with the le mans racers. a generic hum until redline, covered with bland transmission sounds)

For the person with the WRX sti, putting a straight exhaust doesn't help the car in real life, because it loses its uneven burble and sounds like a generic 4 cylinder.

And I heard a clip for the VW R32, and there's no way in hell that 3.2L VR6 sounds that wimpy in real life! VR6's have one of my favourite howls but the one in the game sounds like a corolla.

How does the 2000 Camaro SS sound. In GT4, it sounds terrible, like a V6 or something, not like a V8. Especially with a performance muffler. My dad has an 02 Camaro SS with a performance muffler and it sounds deep loud and gurgly.

I hope it sounds better, does anyone know???

kinigitt
For the person with the WRX sti, putting a straight exhaust doesn't help the car in real life, because it loses its uneven burble and sounds like a generic 4 cylinder.

Thats because in real life they do sound like other turbo 4's now, i can explain in technical detail if u want, but go out and lestien to a 03 on WRX STI (Japanese model) and u will hear the differnce between it and the old cars with unequal length exhaust manifolds

EJ20TMAN
Thats because in real life they do sound like other turbo 4's now, i can explain in technical detail if u want, but go out and lestien to a 03 on WRX STI (Japanese model) and u will hear the differnce between it and the old cars with unequal length exhaust manifolds

yep. I know. It's kind of sad, but what the hell, it has a more flexible powerband now.

[FPV]Rusty
the monaro sounds almost identical to what it does in real life on that clip, although its missing a bit of mongrel up hte top end.

I hope the FPV Falcon GT sounds as good as it does in the real life, best V8 ive ever heard

if thats true, why don't c5 corvettes have that whiny annoying transmission hiss?

Max_DC
Well, I'm not too happy with the sound of the Impreza WRX STi, without a sports/racing muffler the sound is ok, but after installing that kind of muffler, there is no boxer sound left....poor + the STi never had a TRACTION SYSTEM in reality, 3 diffs ok, but no electronic system, as well as the old cars etc, there is still a long way to go
untill we have the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR.......

Owning a WRX myself.. I even lost the boxer rumble after adding a equal length header onto my car, it sounds more uniformly like any other car, much like the Evo sounds actually. So PD didn't screw it up by taking away it's boxer rumble, that's what happens to any flat4 Subaru when you start changing the exhaust manifolds.

Jay

AZ_Sidewinder
if thats true, why don't c5 corvettes have that whiny annoying transmission hiss?

probably becuase they have a different transmission & gearbox. THe current model commodore & monaro use a Tremec T56. Its not the greatest shifter there is IMO, although the MkII BA falcon also uses the 6 speed T56, but FPV engineers modified & improved it in most areas. But hte Monaro does have that kinda mechanical whiny sound at mid to high revs.

WRX02Slowness
Owning a WRX myself.. I even lost the boxer rumble after adding a equal length header onto my car, it sounds more uniformly like any other car, much like the Evo sounds actually. So PD didn't screw it up by taking away it's boxer rumble, that's what happens to any flat4 Subaru when you start changing the exhaust manifolds.

Jay

Well, in fact I own a Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2002) and I've equipped it with a Supersprint exhaust, although I only added the last part ( not touching the whole system, downpipe, katalysator etc.... german regulations.... 👎 ) Ok concerning
your statements I'm glad, however, I wasn't able to change the whole system, would've been another 40 hp and 50 Nm according to Superprint, but hey I have the sound :sly:

Well, one thing I know for sure, my car has no electronic Traction system only three diffs, and in GT I see it blinking...and that is not so realistic... even worse of course with the older cars....

Back