Car For 500GT

• Thread starter sagaper
  • 25 comments
my man! if you dont mind losing, try any of the gt300 cars. ive completed the gt500 with all of them bar the weds celica which i could only manage 2nd place (and that was tough!). if you want a good challenge, use the bp trueno apex gt, its a good car that is light, handles well and has good acceleration.

it is possible to win the gt world series with the bp trueno gt apex too; against a tough field of cars, including the toyota gt-one.

viperclk-gtr
If you wanna stay competitive drive another GT500 car.

i think your missing the point here viper. comptiveness is not just about the car you drive; how you race also plays a big part too. in any of the gran turismo games, it is possible to win races in cars that are far inferior to the competition you may face. judging by your post, it sounds to me like you have never really experimented with the gt300 or gt500 race series or the cars that race within them.

using a gt500 car, has nothing at all to do with being competitive, in fact it has a lot to do with being uncompetive. think about it. if you are only capable of winning the series with a gt500 car, then you driving skills leave a lot to be desired of. winning or losing races reflects on your own competitiveness, and not the limits of the car that you are driving.

i would say that i am a competant gt racer. i use MT, i have almost all the golds on gt2 (but it was tough!), and my winning percentage is about 53% (and dropping). before you laugh at my seemingly poor winning percentage, let me explain a few things. if your sole purpose for playing GT is to get a high winning percentage, then your already missing most of what makes gran turismo great. sure i like winning (who doesnt), but ive go to feel like ive deserved it. i prefer to win a race by 1/100th of a second than by 15 seconds. finishing so far ahead of the pack is unrewarding and only serves to flatter your insecurities. its understandable, who likes losing? get over the stigma of losing, and the beauty of gran turismo will become apparent.
i think my 53% winning percentage, is a good reflection on how well i have tried to challenge myself. i dont win every race (i dont want to either). to me, the taking part is more important than the winning. i could quite easily have a near 100% winning percentage, but that would only prove one thing - the races were too easy.

sagaper, dont listen to viper, go ahead and race with the gt300 cars. you might not win the races to start with, but if you keep at it you will. along the way, you will learn new things too, and the game will look different . soon you will be looking at other race series and wondering if you could do it with a car that isnt as powerful as you would of normally used.

sagaper, your already on the road to enlightenment, dont be swayed by others who cant see further than the bhp.

dude, take it easy! :cheers:

Don't listen to Zaggin. He said that he wanted something hard to win in GT500, in GT500 driving a GT500 car is actually pretty tough keeping up with the other cars, except for the STP Taisian Viper GT, he didn't say he wanted something highly under powered and that you have to race dirty to win in it.

viperclk-gtr
He said that he wanted something hard to win in GT500, in GT500 driving a GT500 car is actually pretty tough keeping up with the other cars, except for the STP Taisian Viper GT, he didn't say he wanted something highly under powered and that you have to race dirty to win in it.
hello is there anybody in there! viper, the more you talk, the more you show your incompetance. obviosly you lack the skills to win, instead resorting to 'racing dirty' just to make yourself competitive.

i never once stated that you have to race dirty, in fact if you had read my post properly, and understood what i was trying to convey, you would of realised that i said i didnt mind losing. once you get over the stigma of losing, you soon realise that there is no need to race dirty, you just race. plain and simple.

sagaper, im not going to say anything else on the subject, i think you know im right. if your after the challenge, dont listen to anyone but yourself. many gt racers are short sighted and cant see past the winning percentage. if you can look beyond that, you will find the challenge you are looking for.

dude, take it easy.

ultrabeat
If you want a challenge, try the Daihatsu Midget.
:lol: Big Challenge there.

I've done the GT500 in my RE-Amemiya GT300 RX7 many times.

ViperCLK-GTR
If you wanna stay competitive drive another GT500 car.
Actually, thats incorrect. Usually if you use the same car, you tend to stray away from the AI anyway. If you want competition, you must use a car thats under class. Such as a GT300 car or lower. And it'll be a close one.

The way the AI drives tends to be rather slow. They brake harder, they take the turns much slower than you could take them running full force.

Taking a stock GT500 NSX, not racing dirty, not taking any short cuts, driving first-person, and driving MT, is a little difficult especially for rookie drivers because it is to light in the rear for some drivers and it is a very loose car, you might lose a race or 2 because all the catching up you have to do from spinning and going off. Zaggin, I don't drive a car because it's HP, HP has never been anything to me I have never raced a championship with a car that has over 550 HP, except for 2 times when I was trying out my STP Tasian Viper GT, and when I drove a Raybrig NSX in the GT500 championship. Wining percentage has never been a big deal to me either, I play GT just to have fun and a good time.

What I was talking about racing dirty I was refering to how a lot of drivers, pretty much everyone, including myself in the early races, used the car bounce startegy (bouncing of cars to keep speed up) so they can stay competitve. I have not raced dirty ever since I bot my Dodge Viper GTS. That friggin Supra wouldn't turn.

I think that now we both understand that we both misunderstood each other. So, are we cool Zaggin?

And Sagapar if you wanna have fun, mod the Acura NSX that has the Race mod, you will have to set-up for every race because that car dosen't have a real good all around set-up and is a little slow.

yeah, we are cool. maybe there was a miss understanding somewhere. but believe me about the bp trueno gt apex. its one hell of a car. properly set up, i have won the gt world championship with it in a field that included the toyota gt-one.

ZAGGIN
yeah, we are cool. maybe there was a miss understanding somewhere. but believe me about the bp trueno gt apex. its one hell of a car. properly set up, i have won the gt world championship with it in a field that included the toyota gt-one.

I wil have to take your word for it, I don't like setting up race cars. I think I would screw it up to bad and it end up being undrivable.

I'm with ZAGGIN on that one: using a GT500 car in the GT500 series is cheating, unless you're not very good. I just did these races in a Corvette Grand Sport, which believe it or not is not an easy car to win with. Sure, it's got power, but it's also frickin' heavy at 2,800+ pounds! It understeers alot, so suspension set-up is crucial.

If you race one of the GT 500 cars, try using Normal tires instead of racing slicks.

The stock GT500 NSX for an unexpiercened driver is pretty hard to control, I remember my first time behind the wheel I didn't get the handle of the car till the 3rd race I was spinning all over the place, didn't win them either.

ViperCLK-GTR
The stock GT500 NSX for an unexpiercened driver is pretty hard to control, I remember my first time behind the wheel I didn't get the handle of the car till the 3rd race I was spinning all over the place, didn't win them either.

Very much agreed.

The RE-Amemiya GT300 RX7 is a great car to drive, I actually drove that in the GT500 cup many times. I think that that is the only GT300 car that I have not lose in.

ZAGGIN
i think your missing the point here viper. comptiveness is not just about the car you drive; how you race also plays a big part too. in any of the gran turismo games, it is possible to win races in cars that are far inferior to the competition you may face. judging by your post, it sounds to me like you have never really experimented with the gt300 or gt500 race series or the cars that race within them.

using a gt500 car, has nothing at all to do with being competitive, in fact it has a lot to do with being uncompetive. think about it. if you are only capable of winning the series with a gt500 car, then you driving skills leave a lot to be desired of. winning or losing races reflects on your own competitiveness, and not the limits of the car that you are driving.

i would say that i am a competant gt racer. i use MT, i have almost all the golds on gt2 (but it was tough!), and my winning percentage is about 53% (and dropping). before you laugh at my seemingly poor winning percentage, let me explain a few things. if your sole purpose for playing GT is to get a high winning percentage, then your already missing most of what makes gran turismo great. sure i like winning (who doesnt), but ive go to feel like ive deserved it. i prefer to win a race by 1/100th of a second than by 15 seconds. finishing so far ahead of the pack is unrewarding and only serves to flatter your insecurities. its understandable, who likes losing? get over the stigma of losing, and the beauty of gran turismo will become apparent.
i think my 53% winning percentage, is a good reflection on how well i have tried to challenge myself. i dont win every race (i dont want to either). to me, the taking part is more important than the winning. i could quite easily have a near 100% winning percentage, but that would only prove one thing - the races were too easy.

sagaper, dont listen to viper, go ahead and race with the gt300 cars. you might not win the races to start with, but if you keep at it you will. along the way, you will learn new things too, and the game will look different . soon you will be looking at other race series and wondering if you could do it with a car that isnt as powerful as you would of normally used.

sagaper, your already on the road to enlightenment, dont be swayed by others who cant see further than the bhp.
Amen. You, Zaggin, I completely agree with. :cheers:
ViperCLK-GTR
No way, another one!? The Supra is worse for me...

The Trueno is pretty damn difficult. Kudos. I don't even use it for GT300 as it gets overtaken easily by the RX-7 and Cusco...

The Daisan Silvia was a pretty good car for the GT500 races. Some other good cars are a Tom's Toyota Alteza, fully tuned, or a Celica GT-4 (any year), also fully tuned.

Basically, anything in the 350-450 hp range.

Kudos to Zaggin. 👍

According to my records, I have won the GT500 with the Daisan Silvia and a race-modified TVR Cerbera 4.5. Both wins had less than 30 points total, which means I wouldn't have won if there was one dominant AI car in the series. I actually lost with a race-modified Viper GTS, but then winning AI did get a lot of points. Apparently I never retried and won.

I found maxed cars like the Cerbera and Viper did not do as well in GT2 as GT1; I think that's because they modelled a very peaky torque curve on them.

I'm empirically a pretty bad driver and lots of people should do better than me with comparable cars. And when the situation is marginal, a small improvement can make a big difference in the results.

Try one of the "lesser" racing Skylines.
I can't think of their names but one is black, the other is white, and they don't hold a candle to the unisia Skyline.

Or try a street R-390 with a stage two turbo and decent tires. You will have to tweak the transmission.

SportWagon
I found maxed cars like the Cerbera and Viper did not do as well in GT2 as GT1; I think that's because they modelled a very peaky torque curve on them.
You must not have it set up right, the Viper is a gret car tuned. Are you talking about the Cebrera LM Race Car and the Viper GTS-R, those are some great cars.

ViperCLK-GTR
SportWagon
You must not have it set up right, the Viper is a gret car tuned. Are you talking about the Cebrera LM Race Car and the Viper GTS-R, those are some great cars.
I was not talking about the LM or the GTS-R; those two can very easily win.

Perhaps sometime I should try and optimize the gears for the maxed store-bought Viper, but it seems to me that a narrow power band is still a narrow power band, no matter what you do. Perhaps I have a tendency to lose too much speed in the corners and thereby accentuate the problem when I am driving.
SportWagon
According to my records, I have won the GT500 with the Daisan Silvia and a race-modified TVR Cerbera 4.5. Both wins had less than 30 points total, which means I wouldn't have won if there was one dominant AI car in the series. I actually lost with a race-modified Viper GTS, but then winning AI did get a lot of points.
Those are the Cerbera and Viper I am talking about.

Back