Nurburgring: Look at the real thing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dogfart
  • 101 comments
  • 15,262 views
Messages
3
I found this link on a model race car board. I know when i drive "the ring" in the game, it's more than a little nerve racking :scared: to go fast and stay on the track. Take a look at Hans do it !

Hans at Nurburgring

Enjoy
 
The man has done like 3000 laps there...and it shows! Thanks for posting that! Now I'm going to get in my M3 GTR and head to the 'Ring. Too bad we can't hit the F1 track, though...
 
Thank you very much, I've been there and any real video is helpful for my next Nurb day :) gotta watch it in slow motion /4 to match it with "my" speed tough :scared:
 
man its scary how accurate that track is. it makes me feel good that i actually recogize where to brake in some of the corners. the elevations are damn near perfect

👍 👍 to polydigital
 
:crazy: That insane, i wish they had the F1 track in the game, i wasl ike WTF! the track aint like this at the start. That guy is awesome, imagine what the people in those other cars would be thinking, I'm sure it included lots of swearing and use of the words quick, hell and amazing.
 
Amazing! 👍

Man I wish I could drive there :( Not even to Race just to Do laps man that'd rock!
 
OMG that was awesome!

OK so on the back straight, what do you think he was doing, 160-180MPH? Can you imagine being in the car he passed up at the end of the straight? He passed 'em like he was standing still :sick:

That has to be the coolest video I've seen.

thanks for the post!

idle
 
OMG SO SEXY !!!!
I could listen to those sounds all day, but ya driving there would be awesome.
 
Bridgestoner
:crazy: That insane, i wish they had the F1 track in the game, i wasl ike WTF! the track aint like this at the start. That guy is awesome, imagine what the people in those other cars would be thinking, I'm sure it included lots of swearing and use of the words quick, hell and amazing.
I believe the start was in the F1 track then he move into the actual nurb.
 
I really wish that they would have included some of the F1 or DTM track from the Nurburgring- it look like the already have some of the buildings rendered in the background anyway-while I'm at it they should have also included the Bugatti track @ Lemans-most of the work is done there also-2/3 more tracks for a little extra effort!--BTW awesome vid-I've had that on my computer for some time now and it never gets old.-He's driving a BMW GTR so you can be just like Hans @ home!
 
Some quick calculations say that was around a 6:50 lap (but thats not couting the little bit of the Nordschleife that gets cut out, perhaps about 5 seconds. That doesnt sound much compared to times people are running in the C9, but as a real life lap that is amazing.

This is the first time I have a real video on the ring since I have "learned" (I use learned very loosely) the track. It takes on so much more meaning to see Hans Stuck take some corner flat out when I would normally downshift a gear or two. Although I will note that he did slow down for Flugplatz (I'm joking here, there is no way I would take Flugplatz flat out in any thing except a bicycle in real life)
 
I was surprised at how many other cars were on the track at the same time ... is this just open all year 'round and people are driving it almost continuously?
 
There is a thread with 30+ Nurburgring videos in the "Videos and Photos" section. Including this one (which has been posted at least 3 other times on here).
 
Here is a nice map of it.

Well I guess that didnt work
 
kensei
There is a thread with 30+ Nurburgring videos in the "Videos and Photos" section. Including this one (which has been posted at least 3 other times on here).

cool, I quoted myself. Sweet! :)


Kolyana
I was surprised at how many other cars were on the track at the same time ... is this just open all year 'round and people are driving it almost continuously?

The Nordschleife, the track in the game (not the f1 circuit) is considered public road in German and is open to the public (for a per lap fee) often. Anyone with any car can drive on it.

The video posted here is a lap from the 24hour race on the Nurburgring (Qualifying lap as I remember) which is a combo of both the Nordschleife and GP circuit.

There are a handful of races per season on the Nordschleife. Lots of auto companies use it for testing and like I said you can drive it in your road car often.

It's pretty much used year round, especially the Nordschleife.
 
I'm curious how some of these guys/gals who have driven the Ring for hundreds or thousands of laps would rate the GT4 experience. I'd like to read or see an UNBIASED (yeah I know, not likely) interview to hear how close or far they think it is from driving it in reality.
 
Dogfart
I know when i drive "the ring" in the game, it's more than a little nerve racking :scared: to go fast and stay on the track. Take a look at Hans do it!

I'd go gay for Hans. WOW that was hot. My fav part is in the straight where he passes what looks like a Porshe GT3 like it was standing still. ~WHOA~
 
Just watching that gives me sweaty hands, I can't even drive like that in the game with a SLOWER car. :o
 
Now I see why so many people have died there. The track and the driver are amazing.
 
Hans Stuck is a Sports Car legend. Hasn't he been racing the 'Ring since group C days for the likes of Porsche and the 962's? He's like a grandad now i think (not literally but I think he's eiher pretty close to being in his 50's or actually in his 50's) He knows it pretty well and that vid is astonishing. The M3 GTR was absolutly flying, now I can see that PD have modelled it perfectly. Every little bumb and speed and even the speed of the cars is acccuratly modelled.
Great vid, thanks for that! 👍
 
Anyone else catch the 2 crashes in the vid?
 
WOW :crazy: That is crazy...he was flying ...COOL video 👍
Now i have to go play gt4 and buy that car so i can race it in that track !
 
This is an amazing video which can be watched over and over again. I in fact, after seeing this video for the first time about a month ago, got in touch with Hans via his guestbook. He's very kind and really cares about his fans! To quote him: "It was the final lap of a Qualifying session to a race shortly before the 24hr race last year. I was very happy because the laptime was good for Pole at this race."
I also asked if he believed that anyone could beat Bellof's record around the ring, and the answer was no ;)
 
This summer, i'll be going to germany for two weeks, so I was lookin around on the net and stumbled across the official Nur. Raceway website. Turns out for a mere fifteen Euros, you can run a lap out there! Looks like I know what the most memorable moment of my summer will be!
 
Hans Joackin is just an awesome driver. He is a pretty master at the ring. This video itself shows that.

BTW, another man who is just unbelievable and is who i guess is the Lord of the Ring, is Stefan Bellof, who holds the World Record lap at the ring. A lap of 6"11.130 with a Rothman´s Porsche 956B made in 1983 if i am not wrong, during the qualify. Just to have an idea, Derek Bell recorded an onboard video of a lap in 6"41 that already seems to be pretty fast, in the same car. Just tell me how the hell Bellof got to down 30 seconds of that thing.

He wasn´t just good at Nurburgring, he was good too at Silverstone and Spa, and some more circuits he used to race on his short motorsport career, as he sadly died in an accident with Jack Ickx in 1985, at Spa Franchorchamps, in the Eau Rouge corner, while trying to overtake Ickx. I have the video here, it´s pretty sad. =/

BTW, i believe he could be a F1 champion in 90´s as he started in F1 at the same time as Senna´s started. He was really a good driver, even having a short motorsport career. :D
 
Back