Nurburgring: Look at the real thing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dogfart
  • 101 comments
  • 15,262 views
too bad there's not a video with this in it:

album_pic.php
 
thanks for that vid
mate that guy is amazing
 
MaxiKana
Damn, when I have the money to go buy that Z4 that I want from germany, I'll definately be going by the nürburgring :)
Just hire a car, seroiusly. I'm not old enough to have a full license yet but my cousin is an avid racer and he went to germany for business and he had the weekend off so he hired a 330ci and went nuts for an hour or 2.
 
want the car to sound the same in GT4? put the bass and treble (or was it bass only) or buy a dolby 7.1
 
mbavaria30s
too bad there's not a video with this in it:

album_pic.php


awsome stuff, i would have thought it they would never be allowed. this made me laugh sooooo much
 
I had a chance to view this video before my English class. When I seen the first part of the video, I could have sworn that the Nurburgring Nordschleife used the Nurburgring F1 circuit, THEN the long-ass roads of the other course. I've even saved a GIF file of the track map. I see every turn. Every turn from Nordkhere all the way to Hohenrain make up the circuit we see in Gran Turismo 4 today. The streaming video, however, features the Nurburgring F1 course, coupled with the Nordschleife. I was curious as to why PD didn't use the F1 circuit IN ADDITION to the Nordschleife. And to make fun, it would have been better to use the F1 circuit and the Nordschleife because it kind of looks dull in the pits. Who wants to stand in front of a tall wall, waiting for you to complete 6-10 minute laps? Thought so. When you note the F1 circuit, you see some of the structures there, then you see a low-resolution road connected to the F1 circuit. Try it. In Arcade Mode after crossing the Start/Finish line, stop, run the track in the wrong direction, and then note the other track.

So my question to you: was not including the Nurburgring F1 course a good move by PD, a bad move by PD, or neutral? Why?
 
That's the video of Nur I've seen before at my friends house. It's pretty sweet.

I love that V8 M3, I've already driven the GTR Race Car at Nurburgring to "re-create" that movie I saw, though he has more experience than I do, it's still fun to watch, and he passes those cars so crazy...I wish my B-Spec driver drove like him.
 
Driven USA, I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but the car is clearly a 350z :)

At least on mine it is a Silver 350z.
 
That movie is completely insane. that bloke hans is extremely skilled. i noticed 3 cars that had crashed and also noticed that hans still had time to scratch his shoulder while going like 180 kmph through a corner. i almost shat myself when he was going down the long straight

simply amazing
 
Another thing I noticed about the video was that the car sounds more like something I've heard in Codemasters racing games. Reminds me of my "Jarrett and Labonte: Stock Car Racing" playing days. Play one of those touring car games from Codemasters. Don't these car sounds sound almost exactly alike?

Anyone miss my question on the Nurburgring in this video and the Nurburgring in GT4? What do you make of the GT4 rendition being used that does NOT use the F1 circuit?
 
Back