Nurburgring: Look at the real thing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dogfart
  • 101 comments
  • 15,262 views
lol :lol: more like gt4, good stuff man it seems different from he other nurb. video i seen... maybe he was going the other way.. or something? idk.. thanks for sharing dude
-TD
 
man thats intense! Seems like a longer track when you're just watching and not driving. I wonder what mph he was hittin on those straights. Too bad GT4 doesnt emulate the sound like that.
 
does any one seen skyline gtr movie? there is this one guy testing r43 and he is celebrating hes 10000 lap on nurb :D
 
This man drives so insanely fast that at multiple points in watching that video, full screen, I thought I was going to die.
 
FRST
Thank you very much, I've been there and any real video is helpful for my next Nurb day :) gotta watch it in slow motion /4 to match it with "my" speed tough :scared:


SUZUKA, JAPAN is F1 track, usually the last few grand prix of the F1 season.
:d
 
Nice video,hehe he misses the gearshifter a little(4:40 in the video)looks funny!
 
gt4005
I wouldn't do any better. Great video. Thanks very much.

I wouldn't push any harder either. When I said amature I wasn't trying to say he is a bad driver, just refuring to the traffic you will have when pay to drive on any given day.
 
Awesome video. I love how I know whats coming up now and anticipate what he is going to do. Thanks for the link!
 
Im downloading the video now can't wait to check out how real it is compared to the track in GT4! :)
 
Whats that all over the track? Grafetti? (sp?) whenever i do the race, i always end up tryin to read whats on the road instead of whats coming up for some reason...anyone have the 411 on what all that stuff is about?
 
That is absolutely the most cool thing I've seen connected to GT!!! The only thing that exceeds that was my walk of Route 246 in Tokyo: www.sotobori.com

Hans rules!!!

Dogfart
I found this link on a model race car board. I know when i drive "the ring" in the game, it's more than a little nerve racking :scared: to go fast and stay on the track. Take a look at Hans do it !

Hans at Nurburgring

Enjoy
 
Does anyone here have an M3 GTR race car and a slight ability on the ring? What kind of time can you turn? He drove around a 6:50.
 
Hans is so ******* awesome!! and wow the track is accurate in GT4, so cool!!! although yea it would have been cool with the Modern F1 Track (Even though I dont like it, and I dont know if Im alone on that one) but yea it would have been coo. But either way we get to "Drive" on the ring. So cool.
 
Flaanders
Does anyone here have an M3 GTR race car and a slight ability on the ring? What kind of time can you turn? He drove around a 6:50.
On sports tires I can do 6:30 in a maxxed GTR Road Car, wiat did you mean in real life? I haven't even got a car license yet in that case. I think (may be wrong) that the graffiti on the road is a memorial of people that have crashed or something?
 
Speaking of sound, why did the engine frequency seem to get higher right after he switches to higher gears? It sounds like the RPMs get higher after switching to higher gears. ...odd.
 
Ive seen the vid before but I thought since now Ive played GT4 and the Nurb alot I would rewatch it.

Double thumbs up to PD 👍 👍 for getting the track so right, looks exactly the same, I could follow it through all the way 👍
 
I think thats actually the whine of the transmission.. But heck if i know. Iv'e seen this vid before, but it is awesome none the less.
 
Gek54
Speaking of sound, why did the engine frequency seem to get higher right after he switches to higher gears? It sounds like the RPMs get higher after switching to higher gears. ...odd.
Maybe the sound isnt coming just from the piston firing or whatever, whine of transmission or driveshaft?
 
Yes, transmissions can "whine" if you use spur gears, aka straight cut gears. Just like if you reverse in a manual car, you get that whining -- imagine that at much higher speeds.
 
Yep that 'whine' is from the drivetrain.....when I saw the video I immediately jumped into the game and won the BMW M3 GTR Race Car and took it out for a test drive at the Ring. The car has that same sound in the game, not quite as pronounced but it is there which is really cool.
 
Sweet. I was right. That rocks. :P
 
Absolutly Insane that Han's sure knows that track well. 👍

Some of those overtaking moves were pretty risky though :scared: ,
i wonder if he got any S**T from some of the drivers afterwards


:mad: > :eek: > :ouch:
 
Hemmo
does any one seen skyline gtr movie? there is this one guy testing r43 and he is celebrating hes 10000 lap on nurb :D

Yeah, I have this TVSHOW/Special. The Driver is Dirk Sorezen ( or something ) I drives the Skyline around the Nurb, and there are 3 camera angles including a camera on the Spedo.

This was my first experience with the Nurbergring. It changed my life forever....
 
Back