Nurburgring: Look at the real thing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dogfart
  • 101 comments
  • 15,262 views
I post this here because a cannot post a new thread, I don´t know why.





What car would you use for this race in A-Spec? I dón´t want to use a race car, but neither lose the race, I just want to have fan with a good handling a fast car.

I was thnkin in VW W12 Nardo or the normal M3 halfly tuned, but I am not sure maybe a Skyline nut I don´t have any me thinks.
 
Ford GT is a great fast non race car.


By the way what race are we talking about?
 
I forgot, Nurburgring 4 hour endurance.
 
could someone post the link to the site where the lap by Hans came from? aswell as the skyline lap by dirk :nervous:
 
Jenna Jamerson
Yeah, I have this TVSHOW/Special. The Driver is Dirk Sorezen ( or something ) I drives the Skyline around the Nurb, and there are 3 camera angles including a camera on the Spedo.

This was my first experience with the Nurbergring. It changed my life forever....


Yeah, I have the full length special here. It was a documentary from the UK (I believe) called the Skyline Story. They show that same car from the 'ring driving home from the track on public roads. The guy hits over 200mph...that's insane.
 
Anyone else have lap times of their M3GTR Race car around the ring? I just got a (slow) 6:50:628 with hard racing tires 👎 The game really makes you appreciate what Hans is doing with that car :nervous: If I tried to do this in real life I would die of a heart attack on the second turn lol.
 
Found a video of a guy doing a 360 in a porsche on the ring... thought i'd share it :)
Porsche :sick:
 
ahitchev
Anyone else have lap times of their M3GTR Race car around the ring? I just got a (slow) 6:50:628 with hard racing tires 👎 The game really makes you appreciate what Hans is doing with that car :nervous: If I tried to do this in real life I would die of a heart attack on the second turn lol.


I have a video from the 24h practice with a 8:43 (including GP track).
This video is even more impressive than the other one because there is so much traffic!
 
CSS
Found a video of a guy doing a 360 in a porsche on the ring... thought i'd share it :)
Porsche :sick:
Man, if that was me driving, there'd be a HECK of a lot more bleeps! *lol*
Talk about lucky!
 
95nismo
Yeah, I have the full length special here. It was a documentary from the UK (I believe) called the Skyline Story. They show that same car from the 'ring driving home from the track on public roads. The guy hits over 200mph...that's insane.

Its not the same car actually. The two at the end are normal looking silver 34's where the one Dirk was driving was a black visually upgraded 34. But still, 200+ on that road was insane :scared:
 
Guys, there are a few things that is misinformation in this thread. There are many rumors floating around about the infamous Nürburgring Nordschleife (nortern circuit).

The graffitti is just graffitti, whatever the race fans feel like writing. The circuit is open from end of March to mid October (usually) and is closed when there is snow on the track. During the video of Hans that was posted in the beginning of this thread is most likely from the VLN serien which is a long distance race series with several different classes (www.vln.de). I've seen races and have friends who race in the VLN series and the biggest start field I've seen is 182 cars in the same race. Anything from 700+ HP Porsches to cars in the alternative fuel class running on diesel or natural gas (not gasoline) of about 200 hp or so.

It is an insanely challenging track and GT4 does a very good job of simulating it. But once you go there and experience it in a car driven by someone who knows the track the only comparison I can think of is like loosing your virginity to a sex godess.

This is my first post btw. and I bought a PS2, GT4 and a Logitech steering wheels simply to be able to train on the NS when I am not there to drive. :)
 
ahitchev
Anyone else have lap times of their M3GTR Race car around the ring? I just got a (slow) 6:50:628 with hard racing tires 👎 The game really makes you appreciate what Hans is doing with that car :nervous: If I tried to do this in real life I would die of a heart attack on the second turn lol.

I got 6:48,121 on M3 GTR Race car, Racing Medium tyres, no NOS or anything.
 
LANDO
I post this here because a cannot post a new thread, I don´t know why.





What car would you use for this race in A-Spec? I dón´t want to use a race car, but neither lose the race, I just want to have fan with a good handling a fast car.

I was thnkin in VW W12 Nardo or the normal M3 halfly tuned, but I am not sure maybe a Skyline nut I don´t have any me thinks.

use ZZII.. :dopey: I posted my settings at the tuning and settings section. it ran 6' 22,xx at the 'Ring.. :eek: good grip on the road, nimble, fast ( tops out 330 km/h stock, I got it going 380 without nos :scared: ..).. it combines the best sides of AWD and midmounted twinturbo engine ( drivetrain and engine are from Skyline GT-R, btw..)
 
BTW, another man who is just unbelievable and is who i guess is the Lord of the Ring, is Stefan Bellof,

H-J Stuck is (was?) a big fan of Bellof. Stuck is also an motorsport editor for a big german magzine. He wrote that Bellof was a greater talent than Michael Schumacher.
 
Amazing, thaks for sharing. I've always wanted to see that.
 
CSS
Found a video of a guy doing a 360 in a porsche on the ring... thought i'd share it :)
Porsche :sick:

Awesome. Just imagine how hard his guy's heart must have been pounding. :p

PD did an excellent job recreating the very challenging task of driving old Porches fast on the ring 👍
 
jpmontoya
Awesome. Just imagine how hard his guy's heart must have been pounding. :p

PD did an excellent job recreating the very challenging task of driving old Porches fast on the ring 👍




yeah they did but i still have one problem, why couldent pd make the game sound like a real porche or any other car for that matter.
 
hey Anders!

too bad GT4 doesn't have a GT3 so you could compare laptimes ;)

RE: 'Ring vs GT4: I've done about 125 laps of the real 'Ring, and agree that GT4 is amazing in its visual representation. But of course you get no real sense of the elevation changes, g-forces, and most of all bumps IMO. Its disconcerting how unfazed the cars in GT4 are when running over curbs/apexes - on the real Ring doing this at the wrong time will mean a serious off, but in the game you can plow over any of them with impunity. I've witnessed a few bad crashes on the Nordschleife, there ain't no reset button there...

I've only driven relatively low powered, rental cars on the Ring (see sig), but have had pax rides with some very fast cars/drivers (hopefully Anders will join this distinguished list in May:)). Still, all this talk of 6:xx laps is hard to put in perspective. If you had the chance to get a ride around the real Ring in 9 minutes, believe me, 99% of you would be quite wide eyed and impressed. My fastest passenger lap was in the low 8's in a supercharged Opel Speedster (thats 'BTG' or Bridge To Gantry time due to public day start/finish on the main straight - add 20-25 seconds for a "full" NS lap), and it was terrifying and orgasmic at the same time. Quite a rush!

cheers 👍
Kurt

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/who/details.php?u=167




sweanders
Guys, there are a few things that is misinformation in this thread. There are many rumors floating around about the infamous Nürburgring Nordschleife (nortern circuit).

The graffitti is just graffitti, whatever the race fans feel like writing. The circuit is open from end of March to mid October (usually) and is closed when there is snow on the track. During the video of Hans that was posted in the beginning of this thread is most likely from the VLN serien which is a long distance race series with several different classes (www.vln.de). I've seen races and have friends who race in the VLN series and the biggest start field I've seen is 182 cars in the same race. Anything from 700+ HP Porsches to cars in the alternative fuel class running on diesel or natural gas (not gasoline) of about 200 hp or so.

It is an insanely challenging track and GT4 does a very good job of simulating it. But once you go there and experience it in a car driven by someone who knows the track the only comparison I can think of is like loosing your virginity to a sex godess.

This is my first post btw. and I bought a PS2, GT4 and a Logitech steering wheels simply to be able to train on the NS when I am not there to drive. :)
 
yup, makes you think WOW on the first corner. right anyone who lives in europe and has a car should go for a spin there, ive had the chance of going there late one day and got driven in a lightened 205gti. i could safely say it was one of the best 10minutes of my life, even though it was scary as hell. and the guy who was driving me wasnt going that fast either. all i can say is get a car, pay about 20euros, and go for one of the best drives of you lives/
 
Damn, when I have the money to go buy that Z4 that I want from germany, I'll definately be going by the nürburgring :)
 
Anybody here read EVO Magazine issue 78?

Richard Meaden (apparently a reasonable driver...) has posted a time of 5min 26.547sec in a '92 Nissan R92CP Le Mans car. (thats in-game)

Anybody able to do better?

Lets see those times......


Easy now.
 
chonkey
Anybody here read EVO Magazine issue 78?

Richard Meaden (apparently a reasonable driver...) has posted a time of 5min 26.547sec in a '92 Nissan R92CP Le Mans car. (thats in-game)

Anybody able to do better?

Lets see those times......


Easy now.


hahaha. you read the issue aswell. nice one. great mag that one, havent had the game for long to post any decent times.
 
Here's something i noticed in the game.

When you finish the 3 halls (not the extreme one) and you get to see a vidio of a car going around the ring (a audi tt i think) it is a live vidio of the ring itself. look closely at the surroundings and you will actually see cars and people moving around.

the game mode even matches with the grafitti on the road, colors and all.

👍 👍 👍 on realistics to PD on this.
 
That Hans video is freakin' amazing!

The game is so much like real life I was actually confusing the video with playing the game because I kept:

1. Looking for the map in the upper left hand corner. :dunce:

2. Looking for the rear view mirror to see if I can spot anyone that was just passed. :dunce:

Hats off to PD for making such a great racing game.
 
first post here....

This video is amazing. I love watching it.

The other thing that is not mentioned here about the 'ring is that when you drive a lap (when it's open to the public), you are out there with MOTORCYCLES, too! I was there one evening after a motorcycle-track day and they were all doing laps after their session was over. It was nuts.

I rented a Porsche Carrera and spent the whole lap scared s-less and laughing at the same time. You have to watch the rear-view mirror just as much as you watch the track ahead.
 
That car in the video sounds like a beast!! I want the cars in gt4 to sound like that.
 
Back