Official GTPC - Omnis vs Suzuki vs d3p0 [RESULTS ARE IN!!!]

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
And just like that, things get a lot busier around here....

Suzuki vs. Omnis vs d3p0
Track - Autumn Ring Reverse
HP- under 300 hp
Car - FR
Tires - N2's​

Deadline: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 12:05 AM (NA Central Timezone - where I'm from)
...yes, its a long deadline, but there's a couple repeat players here and in the other challenge, so I think it's fair.

The video must include the lateral G-meter (or wheel display), speedometer, T times, and lap time.

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).... Instead, use the number that has been assigned to you (via PM), by the head judge...

Here are the judges for this challenge:
TankSpanker (Head Judge) --- IDM
Der Alta
Toyota Drifter --- PD
194Gvan
G-T-4-Fan --- Emperor
Small_Fryz​

yup, couple new guys on here (myself included), but gotta break em in. :sly:

When you want to turn in your entries, please upload it to either Pergatory's FTP or 19XX's FTP (or any FTP of your choice). Hosting Options
At that point, please PM the head judge [TankSpanker] with the link of the video.
Also, indicate in this thread that you have submitted your video (but do not provide the link) so the judges will know to check their PMs

Only after the videos have been judged will the links be made public.

I'd like to wish both competitors the best of luck. This should be a good one.
And now, without further adieu....Drift On!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May 8, 2005

The Verdict

I don’t think the following scores quite reflect how close this truly was. You should know before proceeding that the judging panel was split in their decision.

The two drivers took two very different approaches to this competition and in the end the approach of one was met more favourably than the other. Contestant 58 appeared to take larger risks and a more creative line – this either helped or hindered his scores depending on which judge you spoke to. Contestant 7’s lap was more reserved and had few (if any) mistakes to speak of. Very consistent, but would have scored a few more points by stretching the envelope a little more. With bigger risks come bigger rewards, or so I am told. And that’s exactly how the majority of the judges viewed this competition.

Contestant 58’s Totals (Suzuki):
Style 40 / 50
Angle 38 / 50
Smoke 20 / 25
Control 37 / 50
Total lap score: 135 / 175

Average: 27 / 35

Suzuki's Video

Contestant 7’s Totals (d3p0):

Style 36.5 / 50
Angle 32.5 / 50
Smoke 15 / 25
Control 38 / 50
Total lap score: 122 / 175

Average: 24.5 / 35

d3p0's Video

some pretty high scores on both counts…

Congratulations on the win Suzuki. D3p0, you also put in a good lap that kept things quite close and made this tough to call.

I'd like to thank the judges for being so quick to get the scores in. This is the kind of activity we need to maintain on the panel to keep everything running efficiently.
AO, TD, Gvan, G-T-4-Fan and Fryz: You guys deserve a few claps.
👍 👍

Good stuff. Good luck guys. I know both of you fairly well and understand that this is a good matchup. Don't hold back...I know the judges won't be! heh heh.

alright, im gonna go back and look at how the GT3 competitions were reviewed and judged. maybe a good idea for some of the other new judges as well? hopefully the video links arent broken.

194GVan
alright, im gonna go back and look at how the GT3 competitions were reviewed and judged. maybe a good idea for some of the other new judges as well? hopefully the video links arent broken.

Excellent idea for any and all judges.

194GVan

Yes.. I would suggest all of the people who are new to GTPDC go back and see how we did it in gt3 to get an idea.

d3p0
Can I submit something even though I'm not competing? Or can I challenge the challengers?

I'll permit it as long as Suzuki and Omnis both agree to it. Seeing as how this challenge just started, and the deadline is such a long way off I don't put you at any disadvantage.
...besides, gotta keep them judges busy.

Let me confirm it with them first before I give a definite answer.

edit: i just PM'd them, so we'll wait for their reply to your request d3p0.
btw, nothing stopping anyone from releasing a vid which adheres to the limits set within this challenge. But if you are not an official competitor it will not be judged.

TankSpanker
I'll permit it as long as Suzuki and Omnis both agree to it. Seeing as how this challenge just started, and the deadline is such a long way off I don't put you at any disadvantage.
...besides, gotta keep them judges busy.

Let me confirm it with them first before I give a definite answer.

edit: i just PM'd them, so we'll wait for their reply to your request d3p0.
btw, nothing stopping anyone from releasing a vid which adheres to the limits set within this challenge. But if you are not an official competitor it will not be judged.

Cool beans, thanks.

man, ive got some bad news. my ps2 is constatntly giving me disk read error. but ive got a whole month, so ill see what i can do. ill either get another ps2, or try and fix mine myself.
as for d3p0 joining, im not sure. let me and omnis talk about it.
i agree, this will be a good challenge. i hope i can record an awesome lap!

d3p0
Can I submit something even though I'm not competing? Or can I challenge the challengers?
Much like you'll figure out after drinking age, all you need to do is lay your quarters on the edge of the pool table. The winner of the challenge will face of with you.

That would be the better approach. SImply ask to challenge the winner of the competition. Or ask if Swift would create a thread looking for challengers. Simply ahve him add your name to the queue and when the challenger steps up, you've got a week.

I'm looking forward to this one, as I know these two and it'll be quite interesting to see how it works out.

AO

Der Alta
Or ask if Swift would create a thread looking for challengers. Simply ahve him add your name to the queue and when the challenger steps up, you've got a week.

AO

good idea....you sound like you've done this before :sly:

ah, i can see the egos flaring now......hehe

sorry to hear bout the ps2 probs suzuki, i hope you get things sorted.

I like the requirements of this challenge. I guess I could just challenge the winner to the same requirements but then they'd have to make another video (redundant for them) or I'd have to compete with the video they already released, giving me an advantage. If the contenders don't agree to my challenge, oh well.

d3p0
I like the requirements of this challenge. I guess I could just challenge the winner to the same requirements but then they'd have to make another video (redundant for them) or I'd have to compete with the video they already released, giving me an advantage. If the contenders don't agree to my challenge, oh well, I guess they're chicken.

You know what bud, I've been steadily noticing an extremely proud tone coming from you. YOu should really step it down a bit. Don't get mad cause you can't jump in on someone else's challenge. As DA said, wait for this one to finish or get a totally different one.

And stop calling people names. This board does not revolve around any one person. Sheesh.

Heh, I guess my sense of humor doesn't penetrate as well through the internet. I just watched Back to the Futre the other night, hence the chicken comment :)

As for my 'proud tone', let me compete and get a humbling if you think I'm being over zealous. And btw, I'm not angry, I'm eager.

Swift
You know what bud, I've been steadily noticing an extremely proud tone coming from you. YOu should really step it down a bit. Don't get mad cause you can't jump in on someone else's challenge. As DA said, wait for this one to finish or get a totally different one.

And stop calling people names. This board does not revolve around any one person. Sheesh.

don't worry about it, swift...i sensed no hostility. though, d3po, you should really consider these things a lot earlier. it's somewhat irresponsible to make inquiries when something has already been set in motion.

however, i'd advise talking to suzuki about joining us. it's more or less his challenge, and i'm cool if he is.

Omnis
don't worry about it, swift...i sensed no hostility. though, d3po, you should really consider these things a lot earlier. it's somewhat irresponsible to make inquiries when something has already been set in motion.

however, i'd advise talking to suzuki about joining us. it's more or less his challenge, and i'm cool if he is.
if you would answer my freakin im's...
anyway, we have about a whole month, ill take today to decide. nothing to worry about.
but that doesnt mean you cant start praticing right now, if i were you i would. win/win either way even if you dont get in.

d3p0
Will do, btw, MCChris is the ish :)

it's actually mc chris. lowercase, no dots. (rewind)

edit: gimme a break suzuki...kid's gotta eat dinner! :lol: :P

ToyotaDrifter
Good Luck Everyone. Suzuki Dont Let PDR down on this one LOL. Show Em What we can do.
-TD
when have i ever let PDR down? i won both my battles ive been in.
but i will be giving it my best, so expect a quality lap.

excellent

i was secretly hoping you'd say that, but didnt want to sway your opinion :sly:

ok! THREEWAY IT IS!
d3p0, you're in

Back