navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
$u!$l!d3 vs TRi vs Vtec513

Track: Trial Mountain Forward
Drivetrain: FR
HP: Under 350
Everything else unrestricted.

Deadline: Sunday, July 10th, 2005 at 11:55 PM. North America Central Time (about 2 weeks from tomorrow).

That should give all runners close to one full weekend at the end of the challenge to pull everything together and submit their vid.
Entrants, let me know early in the competition if there will be any scheduling conflicts so we can find a fair solution agreed upon by all runners.

DONT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE, AS I DID It's an easy way to lose. ;)

Judges:
H. TankSpanker of IDM
1. Suzuki
2. Catch-my-Drift? of IDM
3. burnout060
4. nightkids4ever of PDR
5. Xysorra of IDM

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).... Instead, use the number that has been assigned to you (via PM), by the head judge...

When you want to turn in your entries, please upload it to either Pergatory's FTP or 19XX's FTP or possibly Ryen's (or any FTP of your choice) and only give the head judge the link to the videos, and as soon as they are evaluated, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

When the video is uploaded please PM the head judge [TankSpanker] with the link of the video... and post in the thread that your video is uploaded so the judges will know to check there PMs...

The video must include the lateral G-meter, speedometer, T times, and lap time.

Best of luck to the three of you! :D

Contestant Numbers have been assigned and sent out

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Results:

TRi takes this one based on the 3 sets of scores presented by CMD, NK4E and Suzuki.

Suislide - DQ'D - reason: no entry

Tri (contestant 63)
Control - 18.5 / 3 = 6.167 (of 10)
Style - 23.5 / 3 = 7.833 (of 10)
Angle - 17 / 3 = 5.667 (of 10)
Smoke - 10.5 / 3 = 3.5 (of 5)
TOTAL - 69.5 / 3 = 23.167 (of 35)

Vtec513 (contestant 32)
Control - 17 / 3 = 5.667 (of 10)
Style - 17 / 3 = 5.667 (of 10)
Angle - 14 / 3 = 4.667 (of 10)
Smoke - 8.5 / 3 = 2.833 (of 5)
TOTAL - 56.5 / 3 = 18.833 (of 35)

ok, PM's sent to 5 potential judges. Hopefully they're all up for it as it should be a pretty good panel if they are.

TRi
hotness, it is on.

swift suggested the 3-way battle, i say "why not?"

Yep. I want to say two things.

1. Multiple member challenges(3 or more) are always great and help to keep more members involved.👍
  2. If you CAN'T do it, don't say you can! There is nothing more annoying then someone drops out for whatever reason. 👎

To expand on point 2. I understand that sometimes there are unavoidable technical difficulties. But for the most part, you know NOW whether or not you can do it. So, make sure your not getting in over your head. :nervous:

Ok, gentlemen! Have fun! :)

TankSpanker
great, judges are all signed in. Now we play the waiting game....

I never liked that game...to slow paced. Like Major League Baseball. :sly:

i got a couple "acceptable" runs saved, still trying to get a good hammer before the 10th. i definately have a submission tho

Swift
Yep. I want to say two things.

1. Multiple member challenges(2 or more) are always great and help to keep more members involved.👍
  2. If you CAN'T do it, don't say you can! There is nothing more annoying then someone drops out for whatever reason. 👎

To expand on point 2. I understand that sometimes there are unavoidable technical difficulties. But for the most part, you know NOW whether or not you can do it. So, make sure your not getting in over your head. :nervous:

Ok, gentlemen! Have fun! :)
lol i no im getting in over my head going up against TRi, but it's not going to stop me from trying. :)

you'd be surprised bro. this under 350hp is killin me. can't decide if stock or modded is the way to go...

good luck, i looks forward to it.

I'm gonna throw a curveball in here if no one minds...

How about taking on 1 noob judge for each comp, here's my reasoning:

1. Noobs got no clue about technique used
2. Noobs don't know anyone, so no bias from them
3. Noobs will judge based on how "cool" the drift looks to the untrained eye

So basically, a noob can offer a good view on what the drift looks like and makes him/her feel like...

Just a thought

Good luck all.

ViXeN
I'm gonna throw a curveball in here if no one minds...

How about taking on 1 noob judge for each comp, here's my reasoning:

1. Noobs got no clue about technique used
2. Noobs don't know anyone, so no bias from them
3. Noobs will judge based on how "cool" the drift looks to the untrained eye

So basically, a noob can offer a good view on what the drift looks like and makes him/her feel like...

Just a thought

Good luck all.

Ok, I'll respond to that.

1. That's the problem, they need to know different techniques to effectively judge.
2. All the videos are submitted anonymously so unless there's a lot of backdoor communication, that's not an issue.
3. That's like having an amateur judge a figure skating competition. they would just get that wow :drool: factor without looking at some of the finer points.

I can see where you're coming from and why you would think that way. "Add something fresh to the mix" It sounds good in the beginning but, to put an inexperienced drifter in a judgment position would simply skew the scores out of proportion.

Swift
I can see where you're coming from and why you would think that way. "Add something fresh to the mix" It sounds good in the beginning but, to put an inexperienced drifter in a judgment position would simply skew the scores out of proportion.

yes. I mean, i have nothing against new members judging if they're on the list of potential judges (as voted on about 2 months ago). But they do have to earn their way onto that list.

In addition, it's important to select judges that arent just gonna fall-off the face of the earth (as has apparently happened in the first GTPDC). Judges must be dedicated to both the game, and GTP. Naturally it requires that a considerable amount of time be spent here to gain that sort of trust and reputation. Many challenges previously held in the GT3 drift forum were completely spoiled when judges went MIA for extended periods of time.

Anyways - there is one relatively new member on this comp's list of judges (I refrain from calling him a noob b/c i think he id definitely anything but that). That is burnout060.

For this competition I targeted judges that had not been involed in a GTPC/GTPDC yet first. Those being burnout060, NK4E, and CMD. Next were those who had only 1 chance to judge a GT4 comp - Suzuki and X. Just trying to get people equal exposure and build up the depth in this place.
If it happens that 4/5ths of the judges have buttloads of prior GT3 experience, then so be it.

anyways, speaking of this. It is almost time to elect a new panel... there are a few other faces that have shown up here recently that I think should definitely be recognized a GTPDC Judge material. But we'll save that discussion for a separate topic.

Its true that we need a new panel, with some fresh meat but they have to earn their way up like I did by understanding everything.

Swift
Ok, I'll respond to that.

1. That's the problem, they need to know different techniques to effectively judge.
2. All the videos are submitted anonymously so unless there's a lot of backdoor communication, that's not an issue.
3. That's like having an amateur judge a figure skating competition. they would just get that wow :drool: factor without looking at some of the finer points.

Exactly.

Mmm...low HP drifting on Trial Mountain.

Though I prefer TM Reverse, but hey...should be cool to see.

So when are these vids getting posted?

Onikaze
Mmm...low HP drifting on Trial Mountain.

Though I prefer TM Reverse, but hey...should be cool to see.

Under 350 is low power? 350 would be a pretty high power car...

Onikaze

Did you not see the date in the first post? It will be sometime after that.

Back