Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
The Gran Turismo wheel compatibility
list and cockpit index.
I made this thread for people that are looking for a new wheel to use on their GT games to use as a reference guide. I've also recently added a link to a huge index page linking to loads of ready made cockpits available to buy. I will regularly update this thread as soon as I found out any more information on wheels and cockpits.​

COCKPIT INDEX
Click here to go to an online index containing some of the best manufactured cockpits on the market. Thanks to Macci for the link to this page.​

COMPATIBLE WHEELS
GT1 Compatible wheels:
Logitech Driving Force EX
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT2 Compatible Wheels:
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT3 Compatible Wheels:
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force
Joytech Williams F1 Racing Wheel
RED Logitech Momo Force Wheel
MadCatz MC2
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT4 Compatible Wheels:
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force
Joytech Williams F1 Racing Wheel
MadCatz MC2
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

If you know of any wheels that aren't already listed that work with 1 or more of the GT games, please post them below. Also include what GT games you KNOW they are compatible with.

Thanks,
vtec

Madcatz MC2 is also compatible with GT3.

I had a cheap wheel when GT2 was out.... I think it was called "Steer 'N Win" or something along those lines. From Walmart when GT2 was fairly new.

vtec_guy
Thanks guys, i've updated it. So do the momo wheels not work on gt4? I thought they were just another kind of DF wheel.

The old Momo Force (Red one) was not really marketed as a console wheel and only by luck did it work with GT3...However, w/GT4...the wheel is not compatible!

Hopes this helps?

SimRaceDriver:

Got one to add to the list:

Fanatec Speedster 3.

Used it on all gran turismo games - ps1 and ps2 compatible.

Wait a minute! WTF? I have a Momo Racing wheel and it never worked with GT3! Can someone tell me how to get it working with GT3, PLEASE???

gt_masta
Logitech Driving Force Ex Will be released in september 05 but will work with all games
I hadn't even heard about this wheel until I saw this thread today. A quick search yielded this information:

"May 17, 2005: Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI)(SWX:LOGN), the world's leading manufacturer of force feedback gaming wheels, today at the E3 Electronic Entertainment Exposition unveiled the Logitech(R) Driving Force(TM) EX wheel, a one-wheel-fits-all solution for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. Logitech's new wheel comes with two interface plugs: the standard PlayStation 2 controller plug, ensuring the wheel will work with any PlayStation 2 game; and a USB plug that allows the Logitech Driving Force EX wheel to deliver realistic force feedback."

I can't imagine playing a racing game without a wheel since I've had my DFP. Although I rented Forza, and have the original demo, I have resisted buying it because of the lack of a suitable wheel. I do, however, have an adapter that allows me to use my DS2 on the Xbox.

It seems to me that one will be able to use the DF Ex on an Xbox with the proper adapter, although it won't have force feedback. With a suggested retail price of $79.99 in the U.S., I think that I will get one as soon as it becomes available.

I bought an Intec Racing Wheel from Future Shop yesterday to use with GT4 and it saddens me to say that I will be returning it on monday. Great wheel for doing 360s and hitting walls. barely any control at all even with 3 sensitivety settings. You get what you pay for. 49.99$ cdn.

Mr. Boy
Wait a minute! WTF? I have a Momo Racing wheel and it never worked with GT3! Can someone tell me how to get it working with GT3, PLEASE???
The red one with the leather grip and aluminum on the pedal base....I just pugged it in and it worked. I kinda closed my eyes and held my breath the first time I plugged it in worried that I might fry the PS2 or the wheel but luckily it worked. I used it with a DS2 plugged into slot 1, (I think..if I remember correctly). Every now and then it would "crash", guess because it's really made for use with a PC and not fully compatible. When it crashed I hit "start" on the DS2 to pause the game then unplugged the USB and plugged it back in...the wheel would reset itself....then unpause the game and keep on gettin' it. Maybe your problem was/is that you have that other MOMO wheel (not red, rubber grip)?

Query...the Logitech Formula Force GP PC version (i.e. not the blue PS2 one that came bundled with GT3/GT4) ... does that work the same as the PS2 one in a PS2? I notice it has less buttons so if it does work, does it mean you can't use some features?

can anyone reccomend a manufactured cockpit out of those listed in the link on the first post, preferibly something not cheap but not super expensive. Thanks

TigJackson
I hadn't even heard about this wheel until I saw this thread today. A quick search yielded this information:

"May 17, 2005: Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI)(SWX:LOGN), the world's leading manufacturer of force feedback gaming wheels, today at the E3 Electronic Entertainment Exposition unveiled the Logitech(R) Driving Force(TM) EX wheel, a one-wheel-fits-all solution for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. Logitech's new wheel comes with two interface plugs: the standard PlayStation 2 controller plug, ensuring the wheel will work with any PlayStation 2 game; and a USB plug that allows the Logitech Driving Force EX wheel to deliver realistic force feedback."

I can't imagine playing a racing game without a wheel since I've had my DFP. Although I rented Forza, and have the original demo, I have resisted buying it because of the lack of a suitable wheel. I do, however, have an adapter that allows me to use my DS2 on the Xbox.

It seems to me that one will be able to use the DF Ex on an Xbox with the proper adapter, although it won't have force feedback. With a suggested retail price of $79.99 in the U.S., I think that I will get one as soon as it becomes available.

If this wheel (Logitech® Driving Force™ EX) works with the Le Mans game I have for the PS2...oh damn! I'll be changing wheels on my cockpit like a mad-man! :D
(Only game I know of where you can race a Race Tuned Porsche!)

blizzle
can anyone reccomend a manufactured cockpit out of those listed in the link on the first post, preferibly something not cheap but not super expensive. Thanks

The 1st link only contains links to 3rd party wheels that are compatible w/the PS2...are you thinking about another thread mabye? If so, what's your price range and where you're located and I'll offer a few suggestions for you!

SimRaceDriver:

So! Does the Logitech Formula Force Gp works or not?

I´ve noticed that it really dont have some buttons, but its still works anyway?

Back