Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
OK first let me apologize if what I am about to say has already been said the reason for that is I'm a little lazy right now and don't want to read all the post:crazy:. As far as cockpits go the best one I have found is made by Sparco.
Yea sure it cost $550 but I figured out how much everything would cost on its own and here is what I came up with: Total $549/ The fame $330, The Sparco Seat $300, The DFP $130, Total if you buy everything separate $760. But considering the quality of every thing you are getting its actually a good deal........if you have the money:dopey:

I have the G25 wheel and it works for:(GT3 & GT4[ps2 on a ps3 system]). it has the same settings as the DFP. The only thing is trying to figure out what buttons do what. Also if you try to use the PS3 {sickaxis controller} you lose wheel functions in some games.

Hi there
I hope this isn't answered elswhere but only found the site today. Is the fanatec speedster 3 a decent wheel and pedal set. I can get one for £20 but don't have £20 to waste on rubbish.

Cheers folks
Teshui

Well to answer my own post :( .
I bought the wheel it duly arrived. spent quite some time trying to get the flappy padal gears working. But once it was done and after a few hours of play it feels Ok. not great but ok. pedals and brakes are sensetive definetly and improvment on a DS2. The wheel feels nice and I think with some adjustment of the set up is pretty responsive and accurate to.

Starting to realise how much I'm really gonna want a cockpit or stable platform for my wheel and pedals. Having it just on my lap is just not satisfactory!
I think with a stable surface and better chair with pedals at an angle it'll be a big improvment on DS2.

Teshu

The EX works with GT 4, but the paddle shifters need to be reassigned to work.

Cheers,

MasterGT

would the black logitech momo pc wheel work for gt4?
I know the MOMO does not normally work with GT4, but since they apparently are trying to get the MOMO to work with the PS3, does this combo work now or is it ever likely to work?

PS3 + GT4 + MOMO

Cheers,

MasterGT

If you are talking about the older RED mono wheel let me know and I'll try to hook 1 up and try it out. When I first got my PS3 I tried it in Need For Speed Underground but the wheel kept "resetting" the car didn't mess with it too much. I also tried a thrustmaster nascar pro force feedback wheel without any luck at all console would not even tell that I had a wheel. This was all before the 1.7 update. But I do like my G25 wheel, I just wish I could program the buttons the way I like. Maybe after sony gets some things fixed you will be able to program all wheels like on a PC after all the PS3 is suppose to be a computer that is high tech?

I can add the SpeedLink Leather 4-in-1 Power Feedback (SL-6698) to the list of GT3 and GT4 compatible wheels.

http://www.speedlink.de

Power_Feedback_Leather_Wheel.jpg

I wouldn't recommend it for either game however. The wheel has a good 'quality' feel with strong motors but just offers nothing in GT3 or GT4. The major problem is that the accelerator and brake are so sensitive they operate almost digitally. Same thing happens in PC games such as GTR2.

The Logitech Nascar Racing Wheel works for all Gran Turismos. It was made for ps2 but works on ps1 cause its not USB. I dont think it will work on the PS3

Anyone know of any other wheels apart from the G25 and DFP that supports 900 degrees? I have a G25 for one of my setups but the DFP on my other setup broke and I dont want to spend G25 money for the occasional friend joining me for races!

Does the new Thrustmaster Universal Challenge wheel work with GT4?

I mean the new one that is compatible with PS2, PC and just about everything else.

I have heard that it's very small.

Has anyone tried it?

The EX works with GT 4, but the paddle shifters need to be reassigned to work.

Cheers,

MasterGT

There is biggest problem with Logitech Driving Force EX than paddle shifters and lack of button configuration.

After driving a lap, you cannot see details of top speeds in special option (I forgot what is called). You can only exit or save, but you cannot zoom or move the screen with track, because wheel doesn't have analog sticks.

Hello All: I am new to the forum & am trying to find a good solid performing driving wheel for GT4. I've got a line on a Logitech Driving Force Wheel for PS2, not the Pro or the EX, just Driving Force Wheel. Is it any good? Is it durable? What is a fair price to pay for it? Found it on Flea-Bay. Thanks.

Hello All: I am trying to find a good solid performing driving wheel for GT4.. Thanks.
All the people I personaly race with all use the dfp (driving force pro). One has been replaced after a year+ of newbie abuse and just a lot of seat time. This unit new only cost US $100 shipped from securemart.com. If you want the G25 for the clutch pedal and seperate shifter its about US $250. I don't know about the others but someone will probably talk about those. I beleive those models may not have a 900 degree turning radius which is nice for some tracks. Check to see if they have paddle shifters also as this is critical for me. You should look at cockpit designs for yourself while you look around the gtplanet.

I got a g25 doesnt it work, i cant seem to get it too maybe it doesnt work?!!
It does work.I don't know if you did aready but check the thread about G25 FAQ's. I remember hearing about your problem there.

If you know of any wheels that aren't already listed that work with 1 or more of the GT games, please post them below. Also include what GT games you KNOW they are compatible with.

Speedster 1 is compatible with GT1 and GT2.

Logitech G25 is compatible with GT3 and GT4.

Are the Frex components; wheel, pedal and shifter all compatible with GT4?

Thanks,
ERacer

EDIT: My bad - looks like FREX is compatible. 👍

FREX can even mod your DFP if you choose to do so. :)

Hey CAM!

Thanks! I looked a bit further into the FREX site and realised they can mod the DFP. I love the look of their wheel mods. Also, their pedals look great too with ffb available as well. Might have to start saving for a FREX setup. I'm re-thinking my whole setup and feel its time to go "all in" simulation.

ERacer

Does anybody know if the Logitech Momo Racing Wheel works with GT5 prologue?
momo.jpg

I have a video here showing it working with GTHD, though he said here it worked without force feedback:

ALL THRUSTMASTER WHEELS!!!!!!!!!

I have a thrustmaster ferrari wheel and GT5P and I can't use my wheel. I've passed the game with sixasis controller. I'm so mad cause it worked in GT HD and I thought it would work in GT5P.

PS: Thrusmaster wheels are used a lot and they should work in a great game like GT.

Latest Posts

Back