Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
ms turismo
So! Does the Logitech Formula Force Gp works or not?

I´ve noticed that it really dont have some buttons, but its still works anyway?
Nice timing to ask about that, I wanted to know the same so I hooked mine up, and it works with GT4. It also works with GT3 and even GT4 Prologue.

Logitech Formula Force GP:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2217,CONTENTID=5026

You can pretty much do everything the PS2 wheels can do. But to make things easier, I just use the DS2 to set everything up. Selecting stuff by turning the wheel left or right can be annoying. Also there is a button that falls almost exactly under the right thumb, and that button seems to act like the 'X' button. There is also another button for reversing, and then I think another for viewing behind. There is no START/SELECT however, you should have a DS2 near you in case you want to pause or maybe turn on/off a ghost in time trials.

T13R
Logitech Formula Force GP:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2217,CONTENTID=5026

... There is no START/SELECT however, you should have a DS2 near you in case you want to pause or maybe turn on/off a ghost in time trials.

Yes there is... bottom left red buttoon. This wheel is a good "budget" wheel for GT4. It works really fine and force effects are quite good. And the price is a fraction of DFP. Many people mix up this with:

Logitech Formula GP - yellow handles, no Force and does not work with GT3, GT4 etc.
What they should get is:
Logitech Formula Force GP - Red handles, force and works with GT3 and GT4

There is also a blue version, donno know the name, and donno whether it works with GT4...

Doggie
Yes there is... bottom left red buttoon. This wheel is a good "budget" wheel for GT4. It works really fine and force effects are quite good. And the price is a fraction of DFP. Many people mix up this with:

Logitech Formula GP - yellow handles, no Force and does not work with GT3, GT4 etc.
What they should get is:
Logitech Formula Force GP - Red handles, force and works with GT3 and GT4

There is also a blue version, donno know the name, and donno whether it works with GT4...
Hmm, you're right, I forgot about that button used as START. But I know for sure there was no button that allowed me to remove the ghost when in time trial.

T13R
Hmm, you're right, I forgot about that button used as START. But I know for sure there was no button that allowed me to remove the ghost when in time trial.

Yep, now you are right. :)

Since the DFP has a USB output ... would that mean it could work for PS3 with GT Vision ? Anybody know something about peripherals on USB for PS3 ? Has anything been confirmed ? I'd like to know a little more since I am considdering buying a DFP :s And it probably isnt worth opening a new threat.

The Mad Catz MC2 is a good wheel for GT3,GT4. The "feedback" is little more than a vibration from inside somewhere. I got a great deal on one at the local GameStop for $39! I like it well enough but I think I want a DFP. Is it worht ditching this workable wheel for a more expensive model? Does those force feedback really work?

I can say the Cobra TT by Pelican (Circuit City) works with GT4. It works great, however, the pedals are too close together, and it doesn't have the clamps like the Logitechs do (stupid suction cups..) Oh well, the $29.99 I spent on it only leaves me more $ to spend on building a sweet setup for it!!

Ive got all my stuff set up, and im happy with mostly everthing. There is only one thing buggin me. I have a FANATEC SPEEDSTER 3 with FORCESHOCK. On GT4, i like realism but my pedals are way to touchy, like when you just touch them it goes to full acceleration. I do NOT like this, because when im goin through a corner, i loose my speed because it understeers. With drifting, you obviously need a steady foot and hand. I (luckily) do have this, but my pedals are lettin me down again. I can do it fine in my mums import eunos roadster in the local car park (im not statin my age, but ive been able to drive a car properly since i was 7). I would really apreciate if you had a suggestion to this nightmare problem.

THANKS

Anyone know if this one works with GT4?I dont know the name but if anyone recongnizes it that would be cool if you can tell me.
B0002SAF96.01-A9B09ZK9BZJQ6.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pink_the_Floyd
WTF is the Logitech Driving Force EX?

A new and better wheel?

Actually, an older and "worse" wheel. :)

I don't know all the differences, but the biggest is that the EX only has the 200 degrees of rotation as opposed to the 900 degrees the DFP has. Another note is that the EX doesn't have a stick shift, only the paddle shifting behind the wheel. I also think the DFP has considerably more force feedback, but I might be wrong on that.

The interact blue thunder racing wheel works on GT1 - GT3

EDIT: I just dropped my wheel :P and went to try one more time to play GT4 w/ the Blue Thunder and it worked... I tried again and it still worked so it works for all GT's

you play with the PS2 controller besides you. I have the one with the yellow handles and i'm selling it to buy the force feedback one. My friend has one and we played with the wheel for the first time in like the 3 years he had the wheel

3mondx1: your wheel, well it's the NASCAR one

ok i've bought the logitech G25, does anyone know of a reasonably cheap cockpit (in australia) that accomidates its seperate shifter? i found these http://www.gamerscockpit.com.au/ and they seem great but are two expensive for me. plus i already have all the extras, all i need is the frame or frame and seat.

Back