Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by vtec_guy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. MSTER232

MSTER232

A couple of months ago, I plugged my DFGT into the PS2 and it didn't get recognised.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I found the pieces for my PS2 today and I am now playing GT4 with my DFGT! Oh the memories... I missed this game :(

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. sovasily

sovasily

hey guys i can't use thrustmaster challenge wheel whit ps2 to ps3 converter. In game menu it works, but in race no(( help me! thanks

3. BFBullpup

BFBullpup Premium

The OP hasn't logged in to GTP since 2008 so it's too bad the very nice original list will not be updated. For the purpose of this thread my Logitech Driving Force Wireless works with GT3-5 and I'm pretty sure it will work with Prologue as well.

4. BFBullpup

BFBullpup Premium

I got a Naki Touring Wheel without any packaging or manual. It doesn't even have a name and printed on the base is "Steering Wheel for PS," which implies it came out before the PS2 did. I'm pretty sure it is a Touring Wheel as it looks exactly the same except it has a red rather than a blue trim. No foot pedals, hand pedals only. If anyone knows its true name, I would love to know what it is. By the way the wheel looks like the Naki N4 Mini Racing Wheel, but the base is fixed and wide rather than detachable and narrow.

The wheel has a Mode button that can switch on the fly from Digital Left/Right, Steering Wheel, Analog Left/Right, and nothing. Button configurations are also different so you need to hit Mode while in the control setting of the Option menus to see what the changes are and to edit them as needed.

Anyway here are its compatibility:

GT1 - on PS1 yes (force feedback on Digital and Analog only), on PS2 no.

GT2 - on PS1 yes (force feedback on Digital and Analog only), on PS2 yes but no force feedback and connection using the Mode button is flaky. You need to select the mode you want and then restart the PS2. Otherwise the PS2 will think the wheel is disconnecting itself all the time and bring up the pause menu repeatedly. That is a good indication it is a PS1 and not a PS2 wheel (although later Naki wheels are for both PS2 and PS1 according to their packaging).

GT3 - yes, but no force feedback and only 2 Modes (Digital and Analog).

GT4 - yes, but no force feedback and only 1 Mode (Analog).

5. Jason115

Jason115

I've heard that the Logitech Driving Force GT is compatible with both GT3 & GT4.

6. EddieHimself

EddieHimself

7. Soulfresh_ACV

Soulfresh_ACV

Please help others by voting in this poll which wheel you'd recommend others starting out or looking to upgrade their wheel!

8. Iceman220

Iceman220

I don't think this is the right place to ask the question but how difficult would it be to adapt the transition from DFGT to G27 ?

9. Gunstar

Gunstar

Not very? I mean, G27 is better, but not REALLY different operationally, at least in any bad way.

10. ElementRacer

ElementRacer

What wheels are compatible with GTSport?

MiniMoto likes this.
  11. Eliminatorek

Eliminatorek

@up + Which out of 3 pedal Wheels you reccomend - keeping in mind reverse compatibility - PC + PS3 at least. 250€ budget.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. JesseDeya

JesseDeya Premium

N-N-N-NECRO THREAD REVIVAL!

Holladia likes this.
  13. Daz555

Daz555

14. super_gt

super_gt

15. Eliminatorek

Eliminatorek

I finally went for LOGITECH G29. Just wanna leave a note for those enthusiastic for driving with H-shifter and clutch. GT Sport sucks and does not see the gas and clutch inputs simultaniously. So no real hill toe braking. It works perfectly at Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally tho.