Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
If the Driving Force Pro is compatible with both GT3 and GT4, surely the GT will be too? I'll report back in 2 days or so, when I try them both out, with my DFGT and my new wheel stand.

EDIT1: Will also see what joy I get from a G27, if any

A couple of months ago, I plugged my DFGT into the PS2 and it didn't get recognised.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I found the pieces for my PS2 today and I am now playing GT4 with my DFGT! Oh the memories... I missed this game :(

Last edited:
The OP hasn't logged in to GTP since 2008 so it's too bad the very nice original list will not be updated. For the purpose of this thread my Logitech Driving Force Wireless works with GT3-5 and I'm pretty sure it will work with Prologue as well.

I got a Naki Touring Wheel without any packaging or manual. It doesn't even have a name and printed on the base is "Steering Wheel for PS," which implies it came out before the PS2 did. I'm pretty sure it is a Touring Wheel as it looks exactly the same except it has a red rather than a blue trim. No foot pedals, hand pedals only. If anyone knows its true name, I would love to know what it is. By the way the wheel looks like the Naki N4 Mini Racing Wheel, but the base is fixed and wide rather than detachable and narrow.

The wheel has a Mode button that can switch on the fly from Digital Left/Right, Steering Wheel, Analog Left/Right, and nothing. Button configurations are also different so you need to hit Mode while in the control setting of the Option menus to see what the changes are and to edit them as needed.

Anyway here are its compatibility:

GT1 - on PS1 yes (force feedback on Digital and Analog only), on PS2 no.

GT2 - on PS1 yes (force feedback on Digital and Analog only), on PS2 yes but no force feedback and connection using the Mode button is flaky. You need to select the mode you want and then restart the PS2. Otherwise the PS2 will think the wheel is disconnecting itself all the time and bring up the pause menu repeatedly. That is a good indication it is a PS1 and not a PS2 wheel (although later Naki wheels are for both PS2 and PS1 according to their packaging).

GT3 - yes, but no force feedback and only 2 Modes (Digital and Analog).

GT4 - yes, but no force feedback and only 1 Mode (Analog).

Where is the cockpit index ? The link is broken. :grumpy:
I´m searching for a new cockpit and I found a very interesting cockpit at a german gt-forum. It´s a modular System and will soon be available.
Forum: http://www.gtrp.de/showthread.php?38579-Vorstellung-SimSeat

simseat-ultimate-triple-hlo.jpg

simseat-advanced-hlo.jpg

More pictures: http://www.simseat.eu/

That's pretty awesome. Wonder if they do a right-hand-drive version? ;)

I don't think this is the right place to ask the question but how difficult would it be to adapt the transition from DFGT to G27 ?

Not very? I mean, G27 is better, but not REALLY different operationally, at least in any bad way.

@up + Which out of 3 pedal Wheels you reccomend - keeping in mind reverse compatibility - PC + PS3 at least. 250€ budget.

Last edited:
@up + Which out of 3 pedal Wheels you reccomend - keeping in mind reverse compatibility - PC + PS3 at least. 250€ budget.
I finally went for LOGITECH G29. Just wanna leave a note for those enthusiastic for driving with H-shifter and clutch. GT Sport sucks and does not see the gas and clutch inputs simultaniously. So no real hill toe braking. It works perfectly at Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally tho.

The Gran Turismo wheel compatibility
list and cockpit index.

I made this thread for people that are looking for a new wheel to use on their GT games to use as a reference guide. I've also recently added a link to a huge index page linking to loads of ready made cockpits available to buy. I will regularly update this thread as soon as I found out any more information on wheels and cockpits.​

COCKPIT INDEX
Click here to go to an online index containing some of the best manufactured cockpits on the market. Thanks to Macci for the link to this page.​

COMPATIBLE WHEELS
GT1 Compatible wheels:
Logitech Driving Force EX
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT2 Compatible Wheels:
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT3 Compatible Wheels:
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force
Joytech Williams F1 Racing Wheel
RED Logitech Momo Force Wheel
MadCatz MC2
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

GT4 Compatible Wheels:
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force
Joytech Williams F1 Racing Wheel
MadCatz MC2
Fanatec Speedster 2
Fanatec Speedster 3

If you know of any wheels that aren't already listed that work with 1 or more of the GT games, please post them below. Also include what GT games you KNOW they are compatible with.

Thanks,
vtec
Has anyone tried using a DriveHub from Collective Minds with RPCS3?

Back