New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments

Swift

GT Sport is looking good...
Staff Emeritus
United States
Maryland, USA
swift-bass
img0021c17nu.jpg

Due to the overwhelming amount of new drifters and members coming to the drift forums(that's a good thing BTW ;) ) I've decided to give an intro thread a try. This idea was also brought up by a few of the veteran members of the drift board.💡

So, new members, basically just introduce yourself, gives us a little history about yourself and let us know you're here. Then get to reading and start some intelligent conversation. :)

As new members it's IMPERATIVE that you check out the stickies:

LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS

and search before posting new threads. We have no problem with your input or questions. Simply realize that there have been many people before you with the same type of questions. So please take a look around before posting a "How do I drift" styel thread. :dopey:

Since this thread is here, all "New Member" style threads will be immediately closed by the moderation staff. Thanks.

Ok, have at it. :cool:

Howdy. Been registered a while but just starting to post. Got into the drifting through reading about in here and its given GT4 a whole new life. Recently started drifting in real life too in my '86 Corolla twincam. Used to just donut her but drifting takes more skill so its great fun learning something new.

Hi, ive been posting around alot lately and i have some videos up, but i consider myself a new/beginner drifter. The forums and stickies has helped alot and the members are awesome! The "GT4 Drift Reference Guide by Boundary Layer & Swift" was great! the video and the indepth information made it extremely easy for an idiot like me to understand. 👍

FaLLeNAn9eL
Hi, ive been posting around alot lately and i have some videos up, but i consider myself a new/beginner drifter. The forums and stickies has helped alot and the members are awesome! The "GT4 Drift Reference Guide by Boundary Layer & Swift" was great! the video and the indepth information made it extremely easy for an idiot like me to understand. 👍

You've been getting better rather quickly there Fallen. Keep up the good work. 👍

👍

glad to have both of you here, and glad you enjoyed the drift reference thread. As has been announced, there is a large update in the works which we hope will make it an even better resource for new drifters.

Ahhh , so you decided to put up the thread after all swift 👍 ;).

Welcome guys!, awesome to see you here, enjoy your stay.

Whats up guys....im not new to the board i just was getting tired of playing GT4 and i really dont want to stop playing it!! So I decided i would give this drifting thing a shot. Afterall it is one of my dream jobs and yes i have practiced in a real car so I know how hard it actually is and on the game its no different. Well thats about it guys oh yeah my favorite car to drift is of course my Nissan Silvia S15:sly: (on the game). In real life i use a '86 RX7.

Good thing you made this thread! It was getting a bit annoying to see threads about new drifters popping up everywhere.

Good to see you guys! Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Hi there guys, i've registered myself some time ago, but i work 12+hours a day... driving a damn Daewoo Nubira (nice korean car, but the company i work for doesn't do a good job with the mantaining)... so i dont have much time; anyway, a month or so ago i've finnaly got a PS2 (got GT4 way before :D) so i'm just begining with it; i like drifting very much, and as i can see i have the answers to all my questions right here, thanks for putting up this thread and for the welcome ;D. (sorry for the bad spelling)

Hello, my name is mike, and I am an alcoholic drifter. Ive been drunk drifting for about a year now, and I found out about this place through a friend. Ive been posting on here for alittle while and recently shared the GTPDC6 amateur division championship with Identti. I have a kamikaze style due to my Bac being .35. If my posts sound retarded or are agressive its because Im loaded.
:cheers:

Fairlady240zg
Hello, my name is mike, and I am an alcoholic drifter. Ive been drunk drifting for about a year now, and I found out about this place through a friend. Ive been posting on here for alittle while and recently shared the GTPDC6 amateur division championship with Identti. I have a kamikaze style due to my Bac being .35. If my posts sound retarded or are agressive its because Im loaded.
:cheers:

I honestly hope your joking. But if you're not, then I hope you get off of the sauce ASAP. If you're as drunk as you say you are, you're really hurting yourself.

hey there fellow drifters of GT4!! im new here but not new to the world of slidin cars.:crazy: i started on GT3 and began anew when 4 dropped. i gotta say, i love the new, more in-depth drift of gt4. its definately a bit more involving than the third installment of the series. i also slide a 96 240sx in real life. well gotta check out those videos so im outta here, peace.

junkyard_drift
its definately a bit more involving than the third installment of the series.

He speaks the truth!

Welcome junkyard_drift. Glad to have you here and hope to see you around. 👍

hey i joined up a while back, last year i think it was, but yeh it still says im a new member lol so yeh, ive been driftin since gt3 and i started playing granturismo 1 when was young (im only 15) ive entered some of the drift pic comps but have been without sucsses, i entered the first drift pic tournament last year i almost got into the final round but i got knocked out by vonie in the second last round so i guess im pretty proud of that lol, i hope to learn much more in drifting as the years to come, gtplanet is awsum its helped me alot to get better in drifting....thanx for all the help!:) 👍

i hafta agree montieclaro and what car did you start with? i was swingin a 190 evo II Merc for awihle untill i got my HKS Silvia and that was a pain in the butt untill i got the car figured out. Ive got 5 setups for it when you get it and start slidin. btw they are in the drift settings depot. enjoy

i started with the bp fc rx7 d1 car (thats a mouthful lol) and i used racing hard tyres for drifting:crazy: it took me agez to find the right setup, i didnt want to use the road tyres coz the rims go really really small and that just didnt look good, but when i changed car to that really old lancer rally car and used road tyres everything just made sense lol, it was hard at first because of how weak the car is but i like to think of it as a steep learning curve. The lancer really taught me to push the car further and not to be scared to pull off massive angles:dopey:

Guess a simple hello won't suffice.

Used to be rather avid in the GT3 forums. Been drifting GT4 since it came out... but only recently decided to come back to the forums. You can find links to my old GT3 compiliation in my sig, take a peek if you want.

whoa whoa whoa.....
where'd this guy come from???

Vink, you back for good or just dropping a line? We've been trying to get hold of you for ages at IDM! How's life treating you?

Just new to Drifting. Been playing GT since the first one, but I haven't looked into drifting seriously before. Hope I can upload videos as soon as I get my vid capture set up.

This froum Rocks harder than the DFP at 185mph! 👍 👍 👍

vinkento
Guess a simple hello won't suffice.

Used to be rather avid in the GT3 forums. Been drifting GT4 since it came out... but only recently decided to come back to the forums. You can find links to my old GT3 compiliation in my sig, take a peek if you want.
woah! dude your back! what happened to you?
well whatever happaned, nice to see you back!

Don't tell me that the legends are coming back, then does that mean that Battle Stage and Exhuast note is comin also? lets go grab the punch and pop corn then.👍

nightkids4ever
Don't tell me that the legends are coming back, then does that mean that Battle Stage and Exhuast note is comin also? lets go grab the punch and pop corn then.👍

i take it they're gtp equivalent of some D1 drivers?

hey guys i recently started posting threads and trying to be active here i consider myself a begginer because i dont have much knowledge about cars =( but yeah when i get some stuff to record videos and stuff you will see more of me :) but yea ill see you around on the forums guys hi to all the new members! and boundary layer you make alot of very nice posts you seem to know alot about this 0_0 id like you to look at one of my vids to show me what im doing wrong once i get the stuff thanks!!!

Back