New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Greetings all just joined this community a week ago, although i have been playing the wonderfull GT since its first installment. I consider myself a pretty good drifter :) i spose you guys will have to be the judge of that though!

I think this forum/site is awesome, especially the drift video and photo competitions, Ive always wanted to compete against other GT fans.

Anyway my favourite drift cars are the Spoon s2000, R32 skyline gts type-m, CL55, and nissan Z.

BTW could anyone tell me what steps i need to take to enter the drift photo comp?

Later.

honda2000-DRIFT
BTW could anyone tell me what steps i need to take to enter the drift photo comp?

Later.

None, just enter. As far as the tournement, you have to be one of the original members to sign up.

Go to the latest DPC thread and enter, it's open to everyone.

swift drifter06
thank you for details and i will take your words as advice again thanks.
bye:) :) :)

Furthermore... Pictures will not in any way prove you can drift... Anyone can throw a car sideways and take a snap shot... Only a video will prove your skill... Why you showed up, and started talking about people dissing you, is beyond me (Did I miss something?)... However, if you want to prove you can drift, and you have a capture card, video camera, or web cam (not ideal), you can post up a little vid, so we can see you drifting... Furthermore, as Daan said, please use proper english and grammar when posting... Punctuation is a big one...

ok you win i'll stop talking like i'm from the streets its just i was in a hurry to write the last one i had to go out for a bit.

Should be more like:

Ok, you win. i'll stop talking like i'm from the streets. It's just that I was in a hurry to write the last one. I had to go out for a bit.

Still not the most intelligible, but at least it's easier to read...

Welcome to GTP... Have fun and enjoy your stay...

;)

Hi everyone
I'm another new drifter here.
Well, I'm from Brasil ( I guess you shouldn't heve noticed yet, eheheheh)
I started to TRY drifting after looking for some specs and turn out finishing here.
I already got a video posted here, so, any opinions will be taken as constructive to me.

Thanks everyone here and keep up the good work

GT4_Rule
Hi guys

I'm new to drifting; I don't do much so yeah

It will be good if people can teach me some techniques =)
it will be good if you search. you can find tons of info in the stickies. just search and read the stickies.
welcome to gtp!

Hey. My friend go me into the sport of drifting, and ive been hooked ever since he took me for a drive up in the mountains in his 88' N/A GTU FC. O MAN! I just cant get enough. we recently just swaped his busted 13b for a new core, light weight flywheel and new clutch, we put in teins, striped interior, rebuilt tranny, everything! Unfortunetly for me, im stuck with the jeep i got on my 16th bday. Ive been trying to sell it but my dad wont let me. Ive been wanting an FC or FD for a long time now.. but ive got my PS2 so any time i play GT3 or 4 i autimaticly set up my cars to drift. Im a rookie and cant wait to learn the tricks of the trade from you guys. So thanks!

I'm probably starting with completely the wrong car.

I have an Orange '70 Charger (nicknamed, the "General Lee") with a setup based on the one on this site for the '71 Superbee, and a white F-150 Lightning with Steel wheels ("Uncle Jesse's Pickup") and a soft, forgiving, self-pioneered drift setup. I'm nowhere near competent with either.

"Uncle Jesse's" truck loses tire speed as I go around a long corner. (i.e., the engine wants to decelerate and I have to downshift. usually in a 3rd gear or higher corner.) How can i get the thing to keep tire speed up while keeping the truck forgiving? or is it a good thing for a beginner?

Thanx every body! haha, i am just learning a bit drifting at Gran Turismo 4 but its a bit to heavy to get the perfect set ups for my car ( That Silvia HKS )

I experiment allot with this ****.. i hope it make a difference;P

swift drifter06
hey swift this is swift drifter06 here could you tell me how to put videos on the gallery please
p.s could you send it to me privately 👍 👍 👍

Nope, you can check the UMPTEEN threads about videos in this forum and all around here. Good hunting.

BTW, I knew it was you because the post has your member name next to it. :sly:

Hello all. Just wanted to announce myself here. I'm a newbie when it comes to drifting, but I'm training hard. Only discorvered the possibility to drift last week as I saw a drift video on Google's video database. It was a video made by Boundary Layer. Nice work BTW. I'm learning to drift in a slightly tuned Honda S2000. Sometimes it's easy to pull a good drift, sometimes the car won't go my way. Anyways, here I am folks!

Esben
Hello all. Just wanted to announce myself here. I'm a newbie when it comes to drifting, but I'm training hard. Only discorvered the possibility to drift last week as I saw a drift video on Google's video database. It was a video made by Boundary Layer. Nice work BTW. I'm learning to drift in a slightly tuned Honda S2000. Sometimes it's easy to pull a good drift, sometimes the car won't go my way. Anyways, here I am folks!
Welcome to GTP, I hope to see you around and active:sly: 👍 .

Hey guys, I guess im not new to this forum...i joined once upon a time and forgot to post...
I used to drift GT3 for about two n' a 1/2 years...then i got GT4 and tried it but gave up. Now that i've seen some of the vid's from the Xlink GP, it got my blood boiling again.
So u boys will have some competition in about a month or so...hehe

oh btw I daily drive a 1991 Mazda mx-6 GT (pos turbo on an economy car was a terrible idea) and I've been drifting my 05 350Z here in Kansas since i bought it in november of 04'
mods to Z so far are stillen front and rear sway bars and ebay intake

Hi Touge and welcome. Don't forget to use the edit button!

Hey everybody,

it's about time I actually registered and gave my two-pence worth. Been reading the forum for a while now, and have slowly found myself getting sucked in! It's been an invaluable source of information, both intentionally and UNintentionally!!! I've been intrigued by the whole drift thing for a little while, trying to kep my interest up in the game that I love so much, but have really been having a hard time finding the right car with the right setup and the right feel for proper drifting. I've been completely amazed at just how difficult it is to get right, and how personal it is. I've tried out settings by many highly regarded drifters out there that i even saw videos of doing crazy things, and I honestly have no idea how you guys can get the cars to do those things with those settings!!!! hats off to you guys! Anyway - after an awful lot of trial and error, i've finally found the car for me, and it's changed my life - I can't put the thng down!!! a 92 RX7 RZ. stock rims (they're great) brilliant black. all i've done is stage 3 weight reduction, racing exhaust, oil change, rigidity refresser, rollcage and spoiler (not that I use it!). and it's so beautifully balanced it's like no other car in the game. It works great on Racing Hard, Sports Medium and N3's - those are the only ones I've tried so far.

Anyway - just wanted to share that and say hello and thanks, and hopefully this'll be my first step forward into the world of drifting.

cheers.

Hi everybody. I'm just registered today. I've been into gt drifing for a while but I've recently discovered this website. I also have a quick question. Can aybody tell me if I can use a pic for a signature and an avatar? If I can, then how do I do it?

ukdangermouse
Hello... new member.

I'd love to upload videos but I can't due to the fact I haven't got the right hardware.. but I can grab images :)

drifting the option z... you have got good taste and a lot more skill than i do
i used the same car to do a 240 MPH blast @ the test course
sweet pic though cant wait for more

Hayoo!!!

I have lost interest in GT altogether, since it felt tedious. Same old - same old since GT1. More cars, more races and not so challenging AI. It felt like a chore.

I actually been inactive for almost a year from GT4.

Then one day, I was searching for drifting videos, I came accross some of the video in this site. My eyes wide open, jaw dropped and sat there in awe saying in a surprised manner "they CAN really do it". Then I had flashbacks of my GT3 heydays when I used to drift in my Hachiroku and Impreza rally prototype. It may not as flashy as the ones I see here since I was doing time trials.

Then it clicked, if they can do it, why can't I? So I restarted my GT4 game, now actively drifting. It is much more fun w/the DFP2. At first, I was training with the hachiroku in autumn ring mini but kept spinning out after the counter steer but slowly learned how NOT to spin. Then I got my hands on FC and felt that FC is more balanced. I am now practicing with the '85 FC on ice and have made some discoveries in technique. I've yet to try it on tarmac. I will be wandering about this site regularly from now.

Thanks to this site I can now enjoy GT in a new level.

Welcome TheRedS, niclake13, odomi_san

Have a good time while you're here!

WHATS UP Everybody, well like a lot of u i too started driftin in gt3 and now ive got a few years under my belt. GT4 is the best damn game there is. Hey is anyone from TEXAS in here? well im gonna stop talkn so i can go back to DRIFTIN. Peace

I like the enthusiasm of you Geetown:lol:

Another drift addict. Welcome:)

Edit: I like reading new members their first impression on the site:dopey:
Then one day, I was searching for drifting videos, I came accross some of the video in this site. My eyes wide open, jaw dropped and sat there in awe saying in a surprised manner "they CAN really do it".

This is what happened to me too somehow. GT4 was already out in japan when I scrolled the GT4 forums here, I clicked on a video link and suddenly I saw one of the most amazing laps I ever saw in my life. A drift video from GT4, a Blue Supra on Midfield reverse. My jaw dropped too;)
Then I was like:eek: and because GT4 was not out here in Holland yet, I started drifting in GT3.

BTW I'M STILL VERY curious to see where I can find that Blue Supra drift video again.
I really need to see it somehow after a year now...plz does anyone remember it? It had yellow Yokohama rims I thought.

Welcome to GTP!
Here is where you can show us your drift pictures.

Good thing you asked it here instead of making a thread about it :)

Be sure to read the stickies, most of the time it will have the answer to your question. If not then do a quick Search. Use english to your best, and you shouldn't get any problems... ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay. 👍

Back