New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Hello! I might be a little late here since itis already 2016 but I just joined and wanted to say hello. I had been looking for gt4 for a long time and it wasnt later untill I bought the game that I wanted tostart drifting. Im a noob, but hope you guys can help, as you already have. Thank you!

Guess I'm almost counted as a new even I have drifted on GT4 quite a bit years ago because it feels new to me after this loooooong break.

So the story is following :

Since GT4 launch I drifted until GT5 was released and I moved on to that, but still occasionally came back to drift in GT4. Years went by and I moved on GT6 and drifted very rarely anymore in GT4.

I consider myself as an above average drifrer in GT5 and GT6. About year or so ago, my son broke my PS3 disc drive and couldn't drift anymore so the whole drifting thing got forgotten. Until.. GT7 was released.

Now I have been trying to find PS5 and GT7 without any results. Damn chip shortage. I just had an urge to drift atleast something and then GT4 came in to my mind since I still had PS2.
I started new career in kept completing licenses and races until i could afford an Mazda RX-7.

Some more races and i could buy all the crucial upgrades for drifting. Installed the parts and headed dor some free ride drifting on Trial Mountain (one of my favourite tracks for drifting). Usual settings for transmission, suspension and LSD. Then full throttle on the track aaaaaaand... Biggest disappointment ever! I couldn't drift. Even a bit! Didn't matter how i did tune the car. Not a slight chance for drifting.

I may have one of the most weirdest drifting style in Gran Turismo franchise, still i headed to GTPlanet's GT4 Drifting sub-forum. Found some tunes for my car, but absolutely nothing worked.

About 6 hours of practising behind at the moment, still I feel that absolutely zero progression has been made. At the time GT5 to GT6 had pretty steep learning curve for me, but it's nothing compared to this.

Will I ever learn to drift again on GT4 before I get my hands on PS5 and GT7? Who knows, but let's keep trying until that moment :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back