••• Oni's Time Trial Challenge •••

• Thread starter Oniichan
  • 131 comments
Australia
Sydney
oni_chan
Ok with PSN down and losing that competition feeling having no online racing happening i figured i'd introduce a little Time Trial challenge for anyone interested in getting back that little competitive feeling.

••• Oni's Time Trial Challenge 1 •••

Track

Tokyo R246

Car Requirement

BHP: 480 (max)
Weight: 1380kg (min)
Performance Points: 540
Tyres: Racing Hard

Dealership Cars ONLY (Premiums)
Car must be 2 door
Power Limiter is ok to use
Ballast use is ok to use
No Japanese Cars
No Tuner cars (Amuse etc)
No Race cars
No Race Modified cars
No Corner cutting

Rules

No corner cutting
Track edge set to REAL

Driving Aids

No restrictions, however when you post your time you need to state which driving aids you have used if any.

Fastest Time
(No aids, ABS ok)

Player: X3rx3s44
Car: Ferrari 458 Italia
Time: 1:43.095

Fastest Time (with aids)

Player: quadramus
Car: Lotus Evora '09
Time: 1:41.929
Aids: SRF

Current Leaderboard (No aids, ABS Ok)

Posting times format (use this when posting your lap time)

Car:
Time:
Driving Aids:
Wheel/DS3:

As this is offline i ask people to be honest when providing lap times. If a time is believed to be fake we may ask you to provide a photo as evidence. Remember this is for fun! So don't take it too seriously ;)

Last edited:
Driving line is not considered an aid as it's not always the fastest line on a track. So your free to use it.

As for the cars. Yeah it makes it very limited which spices things up in my opinion.

Is the Driving Line considered as a driving aid?

i would say no.
- if you are a bad - medium driver it will help you by finding the brake points and enable you to keep up
- if you are a good driver, it will start to distract you and decrease your lap times.

For me this evens out the field quite nicely. However this should be decided by the OP.

Car Requirement

BHP: 480 (max)
Weight: 1380kg (min)
Performance Points: 540
Tyres: Racing Hard

Dealership Cars ONLY (Premiums)
Car must be 2 door
No Japanese Cars
No Tuner cars (Amuse etc)
No Race cars
No Race Modified cars

Alot of eligible cars would need to be detuned... However (assuming that's allowed)...
I can think of vipers, corvettes, Camaros, challengers, BMWs, alfas, audis, lambos, ferraris, maserati, mustangs, GTs, jag xkr, Aston db9... & Not much else

Yeah, the driving line isn't always accurate AND R246 has some of the BEST landmarks in GT5. Im down for this challenge later today!

Another question. I've stated using Ballast, to make it as close to real as possible. Is that considered in the weight of the vehicle?

Driving line is not considered an aid as it's not always the fastest line on a track. So your free to use it.

As for the cars. Yeah it makes it very limited which spices things up in my opinion.

Thanks. Off I go to make some laps after Prince William and Kate Middleton have their wedding.

Another question. I've stated using Ballast, to make it as close to real as possible. Is that considered in the weight of the vehicle?

Yes you can use Ballast to meet the weight regulations.

Car Requirement

Alot of eligible cars would need to be detuned... However (assuming that's allowed)...
I can think of vipers, corvettes, Camaros, challengers, BMWs, alfas, audis, lambos, ferraris, maserati, mustangs, GTs, jag xkr, Aston db9... & Not much else

I have no issue with de-tuning cars.

Ran several laps with two different cars (my favorites)

First up: BMW Z4 - tuned to 445HP - 1414kg - 506 PP

Best 1:53.925 with a wheel

Then ran it with:
Ferrari 458 - tuned down to the exact specs 480HP - 540PP

Best with wheel - 1:48.7

This race is going to be won in the low 1:40's or high 1:30's. I can probably hit low 1:40's with the 458.

No aids - ABS set to 1

Ran several laps with two different cars (my favorites)

First up: BMW Z4 - tuned to 445HP - 1414kg - 506 PP

Best 1:53.925 with a wheel

Then ran it with:
Ferrari 458 - tuned down to the exact specs 480HP - 540PP

Best with wheel - 1:48.7

This race is going to be won in the low 1:40's or high 1:30's. I can probably hit low 1:40's with the 458.

No aids - ABS set to 1

Nice times. So we will be looking at low 1:40s you think. I better jump in my DB9 for some laps!

Tried a few cars , the Audi R8 came close but it didn't have the pace of the 458 (in my hands anyway)

Car: Ferrari 458 detuned
Time: 1.45.974
Driving Aids: ABS1
Wheel/DS3: DS3

Car: Ferrari F40
Time: 1.53.480
Driving Aids: ABS 1, Driving line on, Controller Sensitivity 2, the rest OFF
Wheel/DS3: DS3

And oh, by the way, my car's stock. Bone stock.

Last edited:
Car: Murcielago SV
Time: 1.45.014
Aids: ABS 1
Wheel

Used the same car/setup from TT12 so had to detune it all the way to 440something hp and ballast to 1400+. I'm sure it can go around faster as you can really throw it into the corners, but I'm having a real hard time with all the shadows on this track.

Car: 458 Italia
Time: 1:47:579
Driving Aids: none
Wheel/DS3: DFGT Wheel

Detuned engine and added ballast.
Weight was 1380 kg, power was 461 bhp
Reached the time of 1:47:579 after around 10 minutes I'd say
Could probably shave another .500 off if I kept at it for another 20 minutes or so but I got it under 1:48 so I'll take it.

EDIT: I just noticed that was with ABS off.

Good plan Oni! 👍
I like the sound of this, I will be sure to give it a go soon. :)
Cheers.

Xerxes.

Awesome mate.. i'll be looking forward to seeing what you can do ;)

Hey Hey, nice idea Oni! :)👍
Hmmm...now what to run...💡
R*

Haha cheers mate! i thought you'd be up for this while PSN is down. Cant wait till its back up and i race with you again. Good times with you, toiv and me.

Time: 1.45.014
Wheel

Nice time mate!! Puts you at the top for now.

Here is mine so far..

Car: Aston Martin DB9
Time: 1:45.059
Driving Aids: ABS 1
Wheel/DS3: G25

It's 480 BHP and 1387kg with 0/10 aero at 540PP

i'll play around with the suspension to see if i can get it tighter through the corners to shave those tenths down.

Last edited:
Car: ALFA ROMEO 8C Competizione 08
Time: 1.45.297
Driving Aids: ABS 1, Driving line
Wheel/DS3: DFGT

KG: 1380
BHP: 480
PP: 537
Ballast kg: 81, Position: 50
Aero: 20 at rear
Power limiter: 95.1%

I will have another go to see if I can get any lower, maybe low 1.45 with a perfect lap.

Awesome mate.. i'll be looking forward to seeing what you can do ;)

Here is mine so far..

Car: Aston Martin DB9
Time: 1:45.059

It's 480 BHP and 1387kg with 0/10 aero at 540PP

It's on now Oni! :sly:
I have done 5 laps so far and now have to leave for a few hours... Will come back to it soon though! 👍

Time: 1:45.279

Much more time out there as I am still on my "default" settings and the car doesn't feel too hot as is... I think all the ~150kg of ballast may have something to do with that! :)

As is, specs are 449BHP, 1380kg, 10/25 Aero (Min.), 540PP

I may have to find a different car with less aero, it is limiting my straight line speed substantially when comparing my stats to yours... 💡 and this being a horsepower circuit... Good car choice Oni! 👍

HI guys ,my best effort thus far

Car: Ford GT 06
Time: 1:44.253

It's 412 BHP and 1403kg at 540PP
Car is difficult to set up but has potential .

Managed to improve some but not enough to retake the lead :)

Time: 1:44.593
Wheel: DFGT

Think I'm done with the lambos for now. I tried the Gallardo and couldn't get below 1:46! Might try some RWDs later.

New time update after completing run-in and having a bit of a play with the ballast position. Still needs more suspension refinement though... :sly:

Time: 1:43.733

New specs as of run-in; 447BHP, 1380kg, 10/25 Aero (Min.), 540PP :)
Reason for the drop of 2 BHP is due to increased torque after completing the run-in process... Not sure it will make much difference but I can hope! 👍

One more thing to clarify Oni... :sly:

I assume we are racing by the OLR rules? I have gone about .25 faster than my posted time but I clipped a wall so I did not save the replay or count the lap (even though timing did not go red) so I was wondering if this is what everyone is doing or if that needs some clarification... 👍

Cheers,

Xerxes. :)

Back