••• Oni's Time Trial Challenge •••

• Thread starter Oniichan
  • 131 comments
Had a crack at this and here is what I have so far, might go quicker though.

Ferrari 458 ITALIA '09

BHP 446
w 1380
pp 540

srf on
abs-1

Time 1:43:033

Used - DS3

I think adding power mods then using the powerlimiter still gives you more torque.Can anyone else see if this is right.

^ I'll try this now. Thanks.

Don't try this!... Unless you have already ;)
It does indeed up your torque, the downside being;
When you use the power limiter, you effectively give yourself maximum power over a longer band of rpm. This will in-turn up your PP reducing the maximum power you can have. :(
For example, the 430 Scuderia you drive can have 470BHP (IIRC) with stock mods and 1380kg and gives you 470BHP over about a 1500rpm range. If you then go and add mods, your torque goes up (marginally) and you may only be able to have 450BHP but it will be spread over a band of 3000rpm plus. This may sound more attractive, but is actually slower because if the Scuderia is geared correctly you operate over about a 1750-2250rpm range (IIRC again), effectively wasting 750rpm of peak power but still getting hit with the PP rise that comes from it. I have tried this with the F430 and found that an untuned version was faster than a tuned one for this exact reason. :)
My 458 I used had all the mods and I have no doubt I could go substantially faster if I bought another one fresh with no mods other than bringing weight down to the required level. ;)
Problem being, with my B-spec drivers stuck in cyber space, I'm too lazy and/or cheap to invest in a new 458... :sly:
As for the tune of a Scuderia, I will give you my 458 tune (IIRC yet again) and that should not be too far wrong, although the Scuderia I believe has more understeer so you may need to work on that, try placing ballast at +50 and see if that helps... 👍

Aero: Minimum or Zero
Ballast: ~150kg @ +15 (but depends on how much you have)
Transmission: 280-90 (Gears to suit driving style)
LSD: 10/30/5
Suspension:
Minimum +8/Minimum +5
8.5/10.0
6/7
5/6
5/6
Camber & Toe:
0.5/0.0
0.00/0.00
Brake Balance: 4/3

Give that a go and see if it helps. I ran ABS=1 and nothing else with that setup or, at least, very similar to that! Can't remember... It has been over 5 days since I ran this challenge last... ;)

How are some of you making 1:43:***? I can barely get into the low 1:44 region.
Saying that I don't have a great deal of time for practice and I'm keeping the cars stock.
Which brings me to my next point; does anyone have a good tune/set up for the 430 Scuderia (I will check the tuning forum also)? I can't add any power enhancing mods as it's at the allowed power limit even with a small power cap and the PP is spot on so I can't reduce weight.

I don't have much free time until Monday to tune/ practice so any help in the meantime would be much appreciated. PM me if necessary. Thanks.

Check out RKM. They have a great tune for the Scuderia! Drives like a dream. I'd just reduce the camber on the rear to 0.4 (gives you better drive out of corners).

Had a crack at this and here is what I have so far, might go quicker though.

Ferrari 458 ITALIA '09

BHP 446
w 1380
pp 540

srf on
abs-1

Time 1:43:033

Used - DS3

Nice time mate! Puts you at the top of the fastest times using driving aids! I wonder it whitehare will respond as you took his top spot :P

Yes Oni, I did notice. Thats why I did a little tweeking and just ran a

1:42.824 with my Evora. Still think that i left .5 or so out there as it was not a perfect lap.:sly:

Last edited:
Yes Oni, I did notice. Thats why I did a little tweeking and just ran a

1:42.824 with my Evora. Still think that i left .5 or so out there as it was not a perfect lap.:sly:

nice!! i've updated the times. Your back at the top mate!

I played with tuning last night on the 430 Scuda and managed to shave off a little but still cannot crack the 1:43 region. A 1:44:2** was the best I could get after half and hour of runs.
I've opted against the power mods in favour of tweaking the gears and playing with the camber and toe angles.

I ran the DB9 but couldn't find a groove with it. Saying that I've still not managed a completely perfect lap in the Ferrari. I lead the ghost by a second or so and then I'm a little to slow through the long sweeping right hander or I'm behind and make it up on the tight S bend 3/4 the way around but still no perfect lap.

I'm determined not to give up on this. Soon enough I'll have time to do lap after lap and get in the zone, when that happens I think I can bring my time down.

Better time different car : )

Audi R8 4.2 FSI tronic '07

BHP 427
w 1380
pp 540

srf on
abs-1

Time 1:42:629
This car can go quicker..... replay saved.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08

BHP: 480
Weight: 1380
PP: 536

Driver Aids: ABS-1

Time: 1'45.817

Controller Type: DS3

Here's a time for the Gallardo Gents, I think the Lambo suffers because it is 4wd. The acceleration understeer is virtually impssible to completely eliminate; even with the Front-Rear Torque distribution set to 10/90.
There is a bit more time in it...probably about 0.3 for me.

...So now the question remains...how did you find it Oni?💡
R*

BHP 427
w 1380
pp 540

srf on
abs-1

Jesus! What am I missing here! Am I using the wrong car (430 Scuda) or are you guys just hammering perfect laps time after time? That time is almost 2 seconds faster than my best and I don't consider my self a bad racer.
Can I ask how long it took you to set up the car and put in that lap time quadramus ?

And does the SRF not slow you down? I find that thing impossible to work with, feels like TCS to me.

Last edited:

BHP 427
w 1380
pp 540

srf on
abs-1

oh the battle is on now between you and whitehare!

...So now the question remains...how did you find it Oni?💡
R*

I dont have my exact setup on hand at the moment. But off memory i used 40/40 for my torque and the added downforce helped keep it in check. That and i loaded up my 430 ghost and then took a few laps to stick with it. 430 has better turn in and drive out of corners but the Gallardo has high cornering speed.

Last edited:
Jesus! What am I missing here! Am I using the wrong car (430 Scuda) or are you guys just hammering perfect laps time after time? That time is almost 2 seconds faster than my best and I don't consider my self a bad racer.
Can I ask how long it took you to set up the car and put in that lap time quadramus ?

And does the SRF not slow you down? I find that thing impossible to work with, feels like TCS to me.

The Audi R8 is set up for my style of driving where breaking early helps, I have driven this car with and without aids and it is much faster with srf on than off I'll send you my settings have a crack, and it took me about 20 minutes or so to get the lap, there is no reason why you can't go as fast or quicker.... good luck

I dont have my exact setup on hand at the moment. But off memory i used 40/40 for my torque and the added downforce helped keep it in check. That and i loaded up my 430 ghost and then took a few laps to stick with it. 430 has better turn in and drive out of corners but the Gallardo has high cornering speed.

I found the same, the Ferrari can really handle corners well but cannot keep up as much speed as the Lambo, must be the 4WD system keeping things in check.

This sounds like a dumb question but I've never seen it answered anywhere on this forum and it's driving me crazy. - Can the ghost be turned off? Mostly I don't mind it but it distracts me both front and behind when I'm on a hot lap!

I found the same, the Ferrari can really handle corners well but cannot keep up as much speed as the Lambo, must be the 4WD system keeping things in check.

This sounds like a dumb question but I've never seen it answered anywhere on this forum and it's driving me crazy. - Can the ghost be turned off? Mostly I don't mind it but it distracts me both front and behind when I'm on a hot lap!

Yes you can. Just press up on the d-pad when the ghost is active and it will turn of the car but keep the time and splits up.

Ok, Some more tweeking with the Evora..

479hp
1380kg
540pp

1:42.357

Replay saved
👍

Nice time! 👍
Looks like I may have to have another run now as you are almost .75 faster than my AIDS off time. Was hoping to keep it within .5 or less but I think I may struggle to do so, especially if your times keep coming down at their current rate! :nervous:
Good work! ;)

Hey mate been havin a little craack it best ive run so far is
( 1:44.2 ) in the camaro ss 10 468 hp 1380kg
racing hard
no driving aids
no abs
dualshock 3 controller.. try do some more tunning and see if i can get it down

Thanks Oni and X3r. Unfortunately I won't be able to play again till Monday, then i will give the no aids another go.
Just wanted to clarify that I always use a wheel

Last edited:
OOO and whats the deal with the ACURA NSX as thats american not japanse made.. LOL bet u were waiting for that wernt ya =D

Yeah that is not allowed as ACURA is still a Japanese company. Allowing the NSX would be allowing the Lexus LFA which would dominate on Tokyo.

Audi r8 4.2
460 bhp
1400kg
540 pp
no aids, no abs, ds3
(1:43.7)

tryed alot of other cars no one has put up here and cant even get competitive with them.,

I have two times this time:) with ds3

Ferrari 458 Italia - 1:43:787 No Aids

Lotus Evora '09 - 1:41:929 With srf

Both video saved:tup:

That 1:43:0xx first place with no aids is a very quick time my hat goes off to you:tup:

Back