• ModNation Racers •

Thread's gone quiet. No one racing or creating recently?

Made a Captain Planet Mod. :D
2cekxau.jpg

Made him a nice eco-friendly mod too.
1oocuq.jpg

34o23d4.jpg

Anyone interested in running some XP Race Series add me. I've got about 5 friends with the game and we run races quite regularly.

Too bad this tread has slowed down, but I got some racing stuff for you guys.
ModNationRacers_3.jpg

That was trail mountain there hope you guys enjoy it, spent all day working on it.(racing my 2010 lotus F1 car)
I didn't like any of the Mazda 787B's on the game so I made my own
ModNationRacers_1.jpg

ModNationRacers_2.jpg

And for the rally fans I created a Subaru vs Mitsubishi car. (the full versions of each car are up too)
ModNationRacers.jpg

If you want to find these just search im2fst4u55

I played the ModNation Racers demo before. But just yesterday, I played around with it further. I blogged about my impressions with ModNation Racers. To say the least, I am very impressed and amused with ModNation Racers. The options are nothing short of amazing. The potential for something like this is totally amazing. If you are ANY kind of racing fan, you NEED to check out ModNation Racers in my humble opinion ("IMHO" is not in my vocabulary). I can only imagine what the full game has to offer if the demo gives you so much content and options even though it's just a demo.

To read more impressions, check out my blog entry: ModNation Racers Demo Impressions.

Been a while, but this Double XP week has inspired me to finish off my Grand Valley Speedway replicas.

Based on the GT4/GTPSP models, I have 4 tracks, both of Grand Valley Speedway and Grand Valley East tracks, with 2 variations, one Pure - just straight out racing, no powerups/shortcuts or anything else Modnation - and one Action - powerups/boostpads/shortcuts etc included.

I tried my best to keep the tracks as accurate as possible while maintaining each circuit within each other which proved very difficult as the splitting routes between the Grand Valley Full circuit and East shortcuts don't want to play nicely in Modnation. Recreating the final section of Grand Valley with the bridge leading into the long right hander tunnel was very difficult.

Watch for the tight left hander into the first tunnel, and on the full circuit, the final S bend before the long run onto the main straight, they will bite if you don't brake. Hope you enjoy.

I'm going to have to find some of these cars you guys are creating, the 787B colors look awesome! Along with some of the older cars in this thread. Some very cool stuff coming out from this game!

You can search my PSN Name Lion-Face or the tracks named
Grand Valley Full Pure
Grand Valley Full Action
Grand Valley East Pure
Grand Valley East Action

If anyone is willing, download all my creations, send me a message and I will return the favor before the Double XP week is over.

ModNationRacers_1.jpg

ModNationRacers.jpg

ModNationRacers_2.jpg

ModNationRacers_5.jpg

ModNationRacers_3.jpg

Does anyone still play this game? This thread is now empty, and I'm trying to liven it up a bit. :D

I play occasionally but recently my game has been glitching out like hell thus I've stopped playing.

The game has a lot of replay value. I think if you really got the hang of creating things, you'll make your PS3 blow up. :dopey: Three years with this and I'm still going!

Is the community still active? I used to play this for hours with my wife for the first couple months it was out. Can't really remember why we stopped.

The game has a lot of replay value. I think if you really got the hang of creating things, you'll make your PS3 blow up. :dopey: Three years with this and I'm still going!

I think my main creation thing is making tracks and racing. Actually, I just figured out how to make the track do a figure eight on the same elevation.:sly:

Is the community still active? I used to play this for hours with my wife for the first couple months it was out. Can't really remember why we stopped.

I think it is.
--------------------------------------------------------
It's kinda odd that this thread would go quite all of a sudden. About a page or two back, an argument sparked up about something , then we went back to normal for 2 weeks, I think. And then, turned into a ghost town for 3 years.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but am I the only one who really hopes that they port the Vita version of MNR to the PS4 (since the controller has similar dual touchscreens)?

Just sparked up an idea. If you guys are ok with it and hopefully the Mods. will be too, I think I may start up another thread or add to this one some hints, tips, and maybe a couple of other things that I've found over the course of playing this game. I will be open for opinions and add-ons if I happen to starts this. I am going to say though that I do not have an updated version. (I'm using version 1.00) So some of the things may be patched. :D

I've got a couple of mods, karts, and a track to show.

First is my favorite kart and mod.
ModNation™ Racers_9.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_11.JPG

Next, is my dedication to the GT series and GTP.
ModNation™ Racers_10.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_8.JPG

Last, are pictures of the new track that I've created in a form of a stadium. There is a day and a dusk version.
ModNation™ Racers.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_1.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_2.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_3.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_4.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_6.JPG

ModNation™ Racers_7.JPG

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but does anyone know if user created content (mods, karts, tracks) are transferrable to another PS3? My old fat PS3 got YLOD a couple years ago and I transferred everything to my new slim PS3 (using the Data Transfer Utility). But I never played MNR until recently when cleaning up some trophies. I noticed all of my content stats are there (how many mods created, etc), but the content itself is missing. I checked the "User Generated Content" file under Game Data Utility is there, but it's just not showing up in-game. On the internet people say you can publish your stuff on the old PS3 and redownload on the new one, but problem is I sold my old PS3 already :( Does anyone know of any workaround?

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but does anyone know if user created content (mods, karts, tracks) are transferrable to another PS3? My old fat PS3 got YLOD a couple years ago and I transferred everything to my new slim PS3 (using the Data Transfer Utility). But I never played MNR until recently when cleaning up some trophies. I noticed all of my content stats are there (how many mods created, etc), but the content itself is missing. I checked the "User Generated Content" file under Game Data Utility is there, but it's just not showing up in-game. On the internet people say you can publish your stuff on the old PS3 and redownload on the new one, but problem is I sold my old PS3 already :( Does anyone know of any workaround?

Unfortunately, it sounds like the user generated content is locked to the PS3 user account. You could try changing the PS3 user account name to the exact user account name that you had on your old PS3 - I remember having a similar experience when trying to transfer files of a different game (can't remember what it was) between accounts when GTA Online stopped loading on my old PSN account, and I remember changing the names of my user accounts to help with that, but I can't remember if it worked or not. That sucks though, I hope you do find a workaround. :(

Unfortunately, it sounds like the user generated content is locked to the PS3 user account. You could try changing the PS3 user account name to the exact user account name that you had on your old PS3 - I remember having a similar experience when trying to transfer files of a different game (can't remember what it was) between accounts when GTA Online stopped loading on my old PSN account, and I remember changing the names of my user accounts to help with that, but I can't remember if it worked or not. That sucks though, I hope you do find a workaround. :(

The Data Transfer Utility also sets up the accounts on the new PS3 exactly the same as the old one. Everything is a 1:1 copy. Even locked gamesaves like NFS Shift gets copied and works totally fine. So I don't understand why it's only MNR content that doesn't work. Seems like a pretty big oversight considering the whole point of the game is creating content. I've scoured the whole internet and there's no solution unfortunately. The karts and mods I can recreate again, but I spent close to 10 hours on one track and it really blows to lose it forever :(

The Data Transfer Utility also sets up the accounts on the new PS3 exactly the same as the old one. Everything is a 1:1 copy. Even locked gamesaves like NFS Shift gets copied and works totally fine. So I don't understand why it's only MNR content that doesn't work. Seems like a pretty big oversight considering the whole point of the game is creating content. I've scoured the whole internet and there's no solution unfortunately. The karts and mods I can recreate again, but I spent close to 10 hours on one track and it really blows to lose it forever :(

Darn. I've never spent 10 hours on a single track but I've put a ton of time into my creations collectively (I have about 300 mods and karts and I think 100-200 tracks?) so I feel your pain. On the other hand, maybe it gives you the chance to make your creations even better if you choose to remake them at all...

Back