• RetroGiant Photography • September 2013 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 665 comments
The sky. That's all I really need to say.

I like it better than the first shot, just awesome. Simple is best 👍

GPR
Thats better than alright RG. Like the angle and framing plus the clean calmness of the shot and love the colour you got out of the sky. Very nice. 👍

Sometimes simple is best.
I'm right there with you man, I love simple and clean for the most part.

How long has it been since I left a comment in here?!

That angle, the colors (even the clouds) are awesomesauce. That belongs atop an article or promotion for a racing school or something, maybe the banner for website, maybe a picture for a calendar. I'm sure you've gotten the picture I'm painting here.

Lol, thanks man!

Great shot.👍
:cheers:

I like this one better than previous side panning shot. I think bright color can do magic with race cars. Minimal style and tinted sky are just awesome combination 👍
Thanks franz, I too like this one much more than the previous one.

SVX
Superb shot! Blur looks amazing, too!
The blur always seems to come out really nice and smooth the simpler the image. Thanks again!

I like the composition and the tones. Outstanding colour of the sky. 👍
Thanks, I wanted to give it a deep rich gradient.

The sky. That's all I really need to say.

I like it better than the first shot, just awesome. Simple is best 👍
Thanks Slip, simple is indeed the best route.

Love the Countach pic and how the car contrasts the track in the lower half.
Thanks man, I went back and fourth on the height and placement. It was tricky.

This.

'Nuff said 👍
Thanks Bram, I appreciate it!

•••
Thanks once again for all the great comments guys! Really appreciate it!

Here is kind of a "design" I did with a few of my pics. Its one whole image so no need to click on the individual photos :) Nothing spectacular, just wanted to try something new.

Golf GTI
(click for large)

Very nice update, RG! I really like the tone of the pictures, it feels 'retro'. Great job!

Hehehe, I love the dodgy overtaking manoeuvre on the vertical shot. :D
The faded look you've added in Photoshop looks great too, suits the 'Ring well.

Also, I have to echo the sentiments of pretty much everybody who commented on that Xanavi shot, the deep blue of that sky is epic :)

SVX
Very nice update, RG! I really like the tone of the pictures, it feels 'retro'. Great job!
Thanks SVX, I think I've been a bit overdoing the retro feel. Need to get back to some color!

Outstanding gallery from start to finish! :)
Really appreciate the kind words!

Hehehe, I love the dodgy overtaking manoeuvre on the vertical shot. :D
The faded look you've added in Photoshop looks great too, suits the 'Ring well.

Also, I have to echo the sentiments of pretty much everybody who commented on that Xanavi shot, the deep blue of that sky is epic :)
I was dominating those cars so bad in that race I had to make it interesting someone how lol. Thanks for stopping in Rev! Really appreciate it!

•••

Quick little update. Feb 2011 Calendar, old shot I never posted of the FT-86.

Click for HD.

Been a while since I commented ,WOW RG the calender and the Golf pictures are fantastic Superb really and nice overtaking there :sly:

The Golf set is a really good one. It really works well as a set, as each pictures gives the other ones more of a punch it wouldn't get if they were solo pictures.

The February calendar looks really good, great picture there, although the coloring and the overall mood would suit better January or December.

Aha! I thought I recognised some of these photos!
You're garnettrules on the OS boards right?

I gotta say you have an eye for the spectacular mate, your photos, the layouts, everything, just looks so professional. Brilliant quality 👍

Love your style! 👍 One of the best galleries here... are you taking phoptos in real? I'd love to look at them!

Golf pics match perfect:tup: and like the angles of Nissan!
I guess you've mentioned it somewhere here, but I would be pleased if you tell what effects/progs you are using for processing? I've tried smth myself but don't thing it is worth the efforts:guilty:

Thank you for the nice pics!

Really appreciate the kind words everyone!

New seasonal update came out last night! This bad boy won me 2 Million Cr. (Well about 1.1 after I paid for the car lol) It was the cheapest out of all the eligible cars and it was a premium, so it was a no brainer for me. Really glad these seasonal updates lately haven't had tuning restrictions, I know most people don't enjoy it cause it makes it too easy (don't know why, just don't make your car over powerful) but it lets me still get a bunch of credits in the short amount of time I have to play.​

Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08

5372326319_e17c58c093_b.jpg

Ooh, new seasonal races eh? Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow :)
Lovely shot, by the way. That Lexus is a brilliant car, it looks so .. dramatic. From that low angle looking up at it you can really appreciate the wild DTM-style aero kit. And I can't not comment on that sky! Looks fantastic! :) Nicely done.

The ISF Concept is one of my favorite cars to picture because of the paint. The black is so dark it is almost blue in the right conditions and it is HIGH gloss. They modeled this car very well. However it is a hard car to get a 'real' feel to because the lines are almost too smooth, especially in the wheels when compared to how the shadows of this car almost hide the rest of the car detail.

This is a good shot. I like it. It looks like a fresh 1:24 scale with great lighting on a painted backdrop, which is something I can only pull of with luck. Keep it up man, good work.

Very nice work. Perhaps I'll send you something tonight and see what you can do with it in photomode.

One of the Ferrari F1 cars?

Like the golf set RG. Very good tones and set layout.

And the IS F racing concept looks pretty good too, like the angle of it and the crispness.

It's begging to be driven. Glad you're getting some Photomode use out of the Seasonals; I think I might actually take a break from shooting them for this one, but two of the cars I used for it are still going to find some use...

Feels straight out a magazine, another awesome piece of work, RG! I look forward to what you can pull off with the 908... I figured the lesser-seen of the 2 liveries might be more fun :D

Woah! :eek: You did a better job of photographing it than I did, that's for sure! Is it a HDR processed image? It looks sort of like it is, and it works really well with the car since it's so reflective. All round awesome work.

Thank you everyone for such great comments, no HDR on that one just some contrast enhancements. On these next ones they are from another car that Cod_Father gifted me, thanks once again man! I went for the most part a simple approach to these with 3 different styles in post editing (my fav is the first shot). Nothing too crazy, just wanted to hit all the flavors. Thanks again everyone for commenting!

Ferrari F1

5375559836_c49a4e3149_b.jpg

5375560452_a9eb9c3977_b.jpg

5375560084_89d2371491_b.jpg

You've captured the car much better than I have been able to. Great job on all three shots. Don't be surprised if some other cars come your way but please don't feel obligated to do any photos with them.

I really Can't pick a favourite all 3 are just Juicy ,I really love your style (especially in the second shot)I like the first shot the most aswell so Vibrant and full of colour Brilliant Job RG 👍

Spectacular! Last two shots are my favourites, but all of them are wonderful.

Latest Posts

Back