• RetroGiant Photography • September 2013 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 665 comments
Very nice! The range of tones is quite cool. I quite like thee middle shot, but the contrasty B+W with such a heavy vignette looks great too. Awesome car btw, thanks to the Seasonal Events I've saved up enough credits to buy one of the Ferrari F1 cars, now I need to decide which one... :P

Awesome Shots RG, I like just the hint of color in the last shot. Also Just reminded me of my F10 set sitting in my folder that need to get done...

Golf GTI post rocks man, love the tone on there and what is the colour on that car? Xanavi racer is verry good too.
(Plz visit if you have the time)

That first photo really goes to show that with good composition and careful colour adjustments, you don't need an over the top setting or piece of action to get a good photo. It's quite simple, but it's simply awesome.

I have nothing really to offer lately other than my greatest thanks for all the fantastic comments! Really appreciate each and every one of them. Here is a reworked version of an image I posted a while ago. Sorry I don't really have anything new to bring to the table.

oE0iS.jpg

Really liking that picture. 👍

I seem to remember you saying (at least I think it was you) that you've grown a bit tired of GT5. I've been there and still am to be honest, I only have sporadic temptations every now and again...but you'll be back to taking photos again soon enough.

👍 Nice man!
Thanks bud!

RG is it true You aren't entering Photomode Comps ?
Unfortunately yes. Be it from all the complaining that takes place and just pure lack of any inspiration, I don't see myself entering anything anytime soon, but you never know.

SVX
Fantastic shot! I love the brightness of it.
Thanks SVX I really appreciate it.

Really liking that picture. 👍

I seem to remember you saying (at least I think it was you) that you've grown a bit tired of GT5. I've been there and still am to be honest, I only have sporadic temptations every now and again...but you'll be back to taking photos again soon enough.
Yea, I've been snowed in for the past week, the perfect opportunity to play tons of GT5 and take pictures and I played for 20 minutes and turned it off. I'm hoping my "want" to play the game and takes pictures returns soon, cause I'd like to really get back in the swing of things, but at the moment its just not there, at all. I was hoping editing an old shot would spark something but I even got tired of it lol.

Well I hope you get back into it too, your gallery is always a source of great work and inspiration.

Btw nice treatment on the GTR. 👍

Well RG Complainers are every where you just have to ignore them,as a Fan I request You come back to them or else :sly:......

I really love the F1 shots. All 3 of them. Simple concept but very effective.

I have not been keeping up with the photomode competitions. Anyone care to shed some light on the "complaining"?

You always make very interesting shots... thay look at same time real, like album cover and remind of older times... it is amazing

Wow ... where did the time go ...? I just spent far too much time looking around in here.

Excellent work, RG! That's all I have to say.

You seem to give your images a feeling of nostalgia to them despite whatever the car is your shooting - a sort of 50's/60's era automotive poster or magazine. Very cool indeed:tup:

First off, really nice GT-R. The tones and colors are great, and it's just an all around beautiful shot. Well done!

Unfortunately yes. Be it from all the complaining that takes place and just pure lack of any inspiration, I don't see myself entering anything anytime soon, but you never know.

Agreed. I have inspiration sometimes, but you are right, there just seems to be a lot of complaining going on. Some of it is warranted, but mostly people just don't have it.

However, this latest week in the 2.0 was a bit of "huh!?!" when I saw the poll. A lot of good shots were not included, and a lot of not so good shots were. Matter of taste I guess.

But it's not like anyone other than Mog, Rev, and Sej have a chance anyway. They seem to get all the votes every week, even when I think there are more deserving shots. I think they have followers!

That sky looks amazing, even though it's basically just a gradient of colour it allows you to concentrate on the car while having it contrast with some nice colours. The colour palette overall is perfect!

As for the contests, I reckon with this level of quality you'd stand a chance easily! I'm considering pulling out of a few of them myself actually, the complaining seems to be getting worse and a few of us seem to be getting all of the votes......I'm hoping we don't get 'followers' as 440 suggested, it would ruin the experience for me if I found out that people were voting for people based upon their status within the photomode community.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. Some day I'll get back into photos again. Since it was requested by chrishan, here is a March calendar.

Latest Posts

Back