•Swiss Legend Photos• 2/16 "Challenge This"

TheSwissLegend

Well it's about time I joined in the fun huh guys? For those who might not be familiar with ol' swissy... have a look back at my GT4 gallery.
Its great to be back in the game & photograph cars I probably will never even get to see in real life.
-Newest sets of pictures are at the top-

banner1.png

new.gif
new.gif

Last edited:
I couldn't help but make my favorite car into the Superleggera, or at least as close as I could. I know a couple others around here have done it. But again, it's my favorite car so I had to. Feedback welcomed as always. Let me know about the size of the full pics as well...
I also may as well call this part one...:sly:

Last edited:
Coming back with one of the finest new-to-GT cars. Brilliant colour choice as well, I might add... great minds ;)

Full-size looks good to me!

Awesome colour choice! It works really well in keeping the colour uniform across the image in night time shots! It's good to see another old name back in the game :)

Those first two are just amazing. Such crisp lines! I've yet to buy a Gallardo but I just may need to after seeing these!

Those pictures look really good mate, can't wait to see more.
check mine if you have te time plz.

Last edited:
Can't wait.. 👍

I enjoyed the GT4 album, sure this one will impress too.
Thank you 👍

Coming back with one of the finest new-to-GT cars. Brilliant colour choice as well, I might add... great minds ;)

Full-size looks good to me!
indeed, great minds :lol: It's great to be back.

Awesome colour choice! It works really well in keeping the colour uniform across the image in night time shots! It's good to see another old name back in the game :)
Thanks Mog, I thought it'd do well at SSR7. Great to be back in the mix. :D

About time. :P Amazing set, I'm really liking the uniform of the night shots. Looking forward to more updates.
:lol: I sure did get a late start huh? Thanks Luis

Those first two are just amazing. Such crisp lines! I've yet to buy a Gallardo but I just may need to after seeing these!
Thank you RG! The Gallardo was the first car I bought in game...Well technically second. But oh well. The first I 'wanted' to buy I guess I should say. :lol:

Those pictures look really good mate, can't wait to see more.
check mine if you have te time plz.
Thanks Ghertel, I appreciate the visit. I'll be stopping by shortly.

Loving the gallery so far, as already pointed out: fantastic color choice for the Gallardo.

Give me MOAR! :D

@Kakumaki - Thanks! It's great to be back.
@Terronium-12 Thank you :) You want more? Gotcha covered. :lol:

This will be the last of this car for awhile. Two updates is more than enough for it. I had to give it one more because as stated before...it's my favorite Bwahaha.
A little editing went into the Redbull shot, as well as the first wide shot. Please enjoy and keep those comments coming! I also wanted to present this as I did in the old days, but I'm just too inspired to do it. Too many ideas. :lol:

Don't worry, next update will indeed feature a different car :D

Nice photos! My favourite would have to be the RedBull hanger shot.

Great shots!

That Gallardo looks great, and the greenish tint of SSR7 matches it perfectly. I also love how realistic the last photo of set 1 looks. Reflects, lighting, etc. all look perfectly real.

@ kweiss - Thanks for the comments on the realism, I feel accomplished when I hear that :D

Something I have wanted to do for awhile is the HDR effect. I am in love with it when done properly. I am pretty good at applying it to my real life photography, but I don't think I am quite happy with how these turned out. Maybe because it's 3 in the morning here, who knows. The only editing I did was in Photomatix. Thoughts?
The first one is not an HDR though...

Great seeing you again Swiss 👍

Do you remember when you unlocked the Wangan track? I can't wait to take my R32 there for a spin myself :dopey:

That first set of the Lambo looks really, really good! I haven't quite figured out the photomode myself yet, so I won't be opening a gallery yet with all sorts of lack of quality :P

The first two HDR shots are fantastic. I think I enjoy the second one even more has a gritty look, noise, yet colorful. Really neat combination coming through in that photo!

I think the HDR has been done just as well as it is for your actual photography, it's not overpowering and it's subtle enough to enhance the image without ruining it. Great choice of car and track too, they match very well.

Great seeing you again Swiss 👍

Do you remember when you unlocked the Wangan track? I can't wait to take my R32 there for a spin myself :dopey:

That first set of the Lambo looks really, really good! I haven't quite figured out the photomode myself yet, so I won't be opening a gallery yet with all sorts of lack of quality :P
Hey Bram! Glad to see you finally got the game! When did you get it? Photomode was/is hard for for me to grasp. :lol: Still very much a work in progress. SSR7 was unlocked from the beginning I believe, i remember photographing there pretty early on in my progress. I look forward to when you get your gallery going. I know it'll be one of the best around here.

pictures look great as always, i like the last one best.
Thanks Ghertel, Glad you liked 👍

My favourite shot is number two.
Thanks Jamie! So whens the next photo shoot?

SVX
Lovely! Those HDR shots look great!
Thanks bud!

The first two HDR shots are fantastic. I think I enjoy the second one even more has a gritty look, noise, yet colorful. Really neat combination coming through in that photo!
:D thanks...just a tought of noise, level adjustments and saturation.

I think the HDR has been done just as well as it is for your actual photography, it's not overpowering and it's subtle enough to enhance the image without ruining it. Great choice of car and track too, they match very well.
:D thanks! Gotta go with subtle otherwise it looks to over processed and fake. Glad you liked the track/car combo.

Well on with the next set...
A couple more HDR pics. I think this might be the norm now. HDR is more like what you actually see with your own eyes. Anywho...
The first is at the abbey, 5 different expsosures bracketed at 1/2 stops.
The second is 8 seperate exposures at 1/2 stops. I also wanted to mirror the stance of the car and mirror the difference in color temperature. A night and day kind of difference. Thats also my own shot of a recent sunset. Thought it'd be a nice transition of night and day.

Untitled-1_01.jpg

Untitled-1_02.jpg
Untitled-1_04.jpg
Untitled-1_06.jpg

Untitled-1_07.jpg

Last edited:
Mmm, the detail in these shots is really brought out by the HDR. Your method is quite meticulous, using so many exposures! I tend to not use more than 3 :P Well done!

My favourite has to be the night shot.
Thanks man! Glad you liked!

SVX
Spectacular update! Both are my favourite shots, really amazing!
:D Such kind words...
Mmm, the detail in these shots is really brought out by the HDR. Your method is quite meticulous, using so many exposures! I tend to not use more than 3 :P Well done!
Thanks Rev! I did try to be pretty methodical on this one. Usually I wouldn't use 8 exposures. :lol: I'm glad it came out so natural though.
Pic 2 aka "day"... looks incredible. Well done. *subscribes to thread*
Thanks kweiss! Im glad you subsribed the the thread, hopefully I can keep up the bar raised.

@ Swiss Legend: Don't forget, that you can join in with any photo shoots I have planned.

Tasty, subtle HDR shots? My favourite!

That chocolaty colour looks surprisingly right on a Z. Can we start trying to convince others that brown really is the new black? Even though it's a lowly ugly Standard, I've got a BTR that looks awesome in a brown :D

I can't pick a favourite; I like the tone of the day shot, and the drama of the night one 👍

Back