≈ The DriveTrain Challenge - Come Join us Fridays for some relaxed racingOpen 

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 2,185 comments
PP systems will be back for GT7 boys. Hopefully they bring back chat in online races since this isn't a dedicated Sport edition of Gran Turismo. Then we all just need to buy a PS5 and wait a couple years for PD to release the game...
Yea I noticed the return of the PP system. But just can't see me buying a playstation just for one game:)

Talk about a blast from the past !!!

How are you joby ?
Still racing in GT ?

I never ran in the DTC but if it comes back with you in control, I’M IN !

I just started running in the 2 series that NOVA has going right now, and they are both tuning series. Lots to learn still but both are very fun.
No time for Sunday nights right because RL.

Looking forward to time on track with you again.

Last edited:
Talk about a blast from the past !!!

How are you joby ?
Still racing in GT ?

I never ran in the DTC but if it comes back with you in control, I’M IN !

I just started running in the 2 series that NOVA has going right now, and they are both tuning series. Lots to learn still but both are very fun.
No time for Sunday nights right because RL.

Looking forward to time on track with you again.
Hello @socalnatv It sure is a blast form the past. No Playstation so all my driving is on PC and assetto corsa at the moment. But must say GT7 does have me thinking of getting a PS. I just could not get into the idea of GT sport.

I am doing well. Now in CT. How are you doing?

I’m down
Last couple weeks raced some old timers that I’ve known for over 5 years

but im
Quitting snail soon untell I get wheel im
Embarrassing myself and guys don’t like guy on controller being competitive

I’m down
Last couple weeks raced some old timers that I’ve known for over 5 years

but im
Quitting snail soon untell I get wheel im
Embarrassing myself and guys don’t like guy on controller being competitive
you've been doing this for how long with just a controller! come on and join the darkside

you've been doing this for how long with just a controller! come on and join the darkside
Lol divorced with child in California = I’m #### lol and buying new mountain bike November that’s $2800,
But the itch to get wheel is still there for me

Hello @socalnatv It sure is a blast form the past. No Playstation so all my driving is on PC and assetto corsa at the moment. But must say GT7 does have me thinking of getting a PS. I just could not get into the idea of GT sport.

I am doing well. Now in CT. How are you doing?
All is well.
Except for the work work work issue. Planning to retire in 2 years so I’m grabbing as much as I can now.

Iracing is not the budget for me at this time. Maybe sometime in the retirement days. My nephew set up an iracing rig that I’m looking forward to trying out. Maybe when he upgrades he’ll make me a good deal on his old stuff.

Waiting to see what happens with GT7 and SNAIL. I don’t think the league will ever cease to exist. Too many die hards in there, so I’m sure there will always be a division or two for some of that action. The longer races in NOVA’s series are fun. Really enjoying that competition.

Last edited:
Ok wtf are you people doing in my series thread without me? :)

Can’t wait to get the PP system back so we can get some DTC action again!

I am anxiously awaiting GT7 right now. I have a PS5 and a cheaper Fanatec PS4/5 wheel.

Funny that you posted this because I was literally skimming the DTC thread to try and remember our old format :)

Looks like it was in flux a bit.

When GT7 hits I would like to set some solid rules and regs down so all the newcomers will have something to sink their teeth in.

I remember back in the day we were changing the rules by committee fairly often in the thread :) It would be nice for us OG guys to get together back channel and flesh it out. Then when we go live we look like a solid Snail based series that has our fecal matter together.

Yea I noticed that towards the end of the series it kinda morphed. I sure do miss it. Not sure I have a PS4/5 on the imediate horizon. Focusing on switching my ancient g27 to a DD wheel. Once that is done I would like to get a PS5 but not likely any time soon:( but would love to see you guys get something going again. If any of you ever use a PC and assetto corsa let me know as that is where I tend to be.

Already pre ordered GT7. All systems going.
I just hope the "pp" system still exists 🙂
from my understanding the PP system does exist and even adjusts when you put upgrades on the car. At least that is what I remember seeing. That would greatly expand the opportunities for car choices

from my understanding the PP system does exist and even adjusts when you put upgrades on the car. At least that is what I remember seeing. That would greatly expand the opportunities for car choices
We all know how well balanced the PP system was... :rolleyes:
Now add mods and it will go bananas.

Yeah I am definitely for a “no tuning” series. That is the allure. Not everyone (definitely not me) knows how to tune. So it’s important we drive unmolested cars.

I doubt the PP adjusts if you tune suspension, gearing etc. So untuned or bust :)

Back