≈ The DriveTrain Challenge - Come Join us Fridays for some relaxed racingOpen 

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 2,185 comments
Haha, I was just reminiscing. I do have GT Sport and a G29 I could dust off if enough of us are interested...

I think the biggest reason we never jumped to GT Sport was the lack of street cars and no being able to have mics in the rooms. That may have changed over the last two years though.

There has been plenty of cars added since, though I dont think voice chat has been added in game. Likely because you can create a voice chat party through the PS4 itself.

Hey guys. Things are good with me. Another move now has me in CT. Getting ready for the cold Winter. I so miss the DTC. But now spend my time on Assetto Corsa. If only I could find such a great group of races as we enjoyed back in the day. AC on the PC has so many mods I am sure we could create a stunning DTC series. Hope you are all well!

I hope everyone is doing well in the current world we live in. I sure do miss the good old days.

I took this picture in Assetto Corsa the other day and looked like a good DTC lineup

image.png

@JoeW
@88GTA
@kendawg
@tezgm99
@Kgffy
@Schmiggz
@Rallywagon

Hey Joby and the rest of you lot. I tell ya, right now would be a prime time to get a DTC event rolling. Luckily for me I have a Gov job and can work from home, since I do IT work, and most of the states facilities are currently closed, I've had ample free time between the sparse number of remedy tickets my team has been getting. Ark went on sale and so a few of my friends and I have set up a dedicated server and have been smashing away at that game. Sadly though, we sold our house before this hit, and are in an apartment as the purchase of our new house just stalled as the appraiser cant get back out there yet to check on the deck again. As such, all my racing gear is locked up in storage.we are just hoping that at least some things are lifted for the Michigan lock down so we can get moved out before June.
Hows everyone else been? Hopefully no one has been seriously impacted by the pandemic and are in good health.

Hey Joby and the rest of you lot. I tell ya, right now would be a prime time to get a DTC event rolling. Luckily for me I have a Gov job and can work from home, since I do IT work, and most of the states facilities are currently closed, I've had ample free time between the sparse number of remedy tickets my team has been getting. Ark went on sale and so a few of my friends and I have set up a dedicated server and have been smashing away at that game. Sadly though, we sold our house before this hit, and are in an apartment as the purchase of our new house just stalled as the appraiser cant get back out there yet to check on the deck again. As such, all my racing gear is locked up in storage.we are just hoping that at least some things are lifted for the Michigan lock down so we can get moved out before June.
Hows everyone else been? Hopefully no one has been seriously impacted by the pandemic and are in good health.
Rally these are strange times for sure. Like you i have been able to work from home and that has been a blessing. My heart goes out to those that are truly suffering now. I hope things start to get back to normal soon and you can get the new house sorted.

Oh how I would love to get the gang together;) But for me it would have to be in Assetto as I do not have PS4.

Great to hear from you.

Ark went on sale and so a few of my friends and I have set up a dedicated server and have been smashing away at that game..
I just noticed this does Ark = AC :) if so let me know the server name and I will look for it. I have one setup with a friend under "Spirited Drive Club"

I just noticed this does Ark = AC :) if so let me know the server name and I will look for it. I have one setup with a friend under "Spirited Drive Club"
Naah, Ark is a survival game with dinosaurs. My driving rig is sadly in storage though. I do have AC, Pcars2 and Dirt Rally though. Once I am moved I will get at you about getting some racing in.

Hi guys. Im still stuck in the ps4 and Project Cars 2 as i found myself a little too old to splash money in a gaming pc to race real racing games :D
The cross platform thingie is taking so long...

It's good hearing from you guys. I miss the DTC racing too and never really got into GT Sport. I have PCars, PCars2 and Assetto Corsa. I'll have to dust off the wheel though.

Everyone here is healthy so I can't complain. I'm splitting work from home with going in a day or two each week to the plant. NJ is getting rocked by the virus, likely due to our population density, so we are only behind NY on infections. It doesn't seem like this will end any time soon here.

Hey @88GTA I forgot you were in NJ. Just up the road from you now in CT. I just could not stomach the price of a PS4 for just one game. And once I saw the modding community for Assetto Corsa there was no going back. But I do long for the Old team to get back together.

Good to hear you are all well.

Still nothing from
Joe or Tez

Hey @88GTA I forgot you were in NJ. Just up the road from you now in CT. I just could not stomach the price of a PS4 for just one game. And once I saw the modding community for Assetto Corsa there was no going back. But I do long for the Old team to get back together.

Good to hear you are all well.

Still nothing from
Joe or Tez
Yeah man, once you enter the sim racing real world in a PC, Playstation just becomes history.

Welcome to the DriveTrain Challenge

We are currently running a laid back chilled night on Fridays with DrGreen! More details to follow

ClubID:

All are welcome to join us

This Weeks Combos

Friday April 29th
Practice around 9:30pm EST
Racing starts 10:00pm EST

View attachment 541471View attachment 541472 View attachment 541473

Application Procedure

Please post the following information in the thread​
  • GTPlanet ID​
  • PSN ID​
  • Racing Number – Refer to Driver List below (Active & Retired Drivers) for Available Numbers.​
  • Car Color - Body and Wheel colors (paint chip name) you plan to use.​
  • By submitting your application you agree to the GTP OLR along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.​
  • Only Complete driver applications per the above will be accepted for securing a spot in the series​
  • While not required we do request that you share the car for the next race in your community section in the color combination you will be running. This should include your number if available on the car.​

Active Drivers -

Anyone still on this? I would love to find a way to still race.

Anyone still on this? I would love to find a way to still race.
Not at the moment. We all sorta dispersed when the new PS came out. I would love to try and get something similar going again but for me it would have to be on a PC in Assetto Corsa.

I dont know you guys but you all reminds me of my old friends in GT6 :( That game was my first GT game and I ASAP fell in love with it. I miss the old days cruising around the Circuit de la Sierra (sorry if the track name is wrong). Its so good to see that theres still a topic for it even after the servers are closed now. :'( GT6 will be forever my favorite game, I dont care how good the next titles will be in the future, because GT6 helped me through high school and some **** in life. I'll always be grateful to it. The crowning of this game was after the final race, as I remember. Watching Kaz driving through the Green Hell and listening to the iconic "We Are One" made my cry back then and even now when i just searched and watched the credits again on YT.

Peace out and never forget.

PP systems will be back for GT7 boys. Hopefully they bring back chat in online races since this isn't a dedicated Sport edition of Gran Turismo. Then we all just need to buy a PS5 and wait a couple years for PD to release the game...

I was sarcastically reminiscing on our wait for GT5 and GT6. Considering that the trailer shows the GT-86 is from 2015, the Aston DBS is from 2016 and the screenshots show 2016, I'm hoping they have it ready to go for the PS5 release. But I'm not holding my breath.

It says GT7 builds on 22 years of experience. This year aka 2020 is the 22nd year. So I think it is a launch title. Just think how much GTS has evolved after the launch. Got so much update. GT7 can be the same, they can add a lot of stuff thanks to the OTA updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-161304_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-161304_YouTube.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 16
It says GT7 builds on 22 years of experience. This year aka 2020 is the 22nd year. So I think it is a launch title. Just think how much GTS has evolved after the launch. Got so much update. GT7 can be the same, they can add a lot of stuff thanks to the OTA updates.

That perfectly sums up GT and what makes it so great!

If anyone here wants to fire up GT5 GT6, I will join you....

i think i will give it a go later tonight and see what happens... haven't played them for years
I have not played GT Sport for 6 months now, and I don't think I ever will touch that game again. GT5 & GT6 I have been playing these two games for 6 months now, and very soon I am get Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4 but I will still play GT5 and 6 :).

Back