◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Woah I was gone for like 2 hours. What happened?

Speaking of having fun. I am trying to figure out how i can start joining you guys again. I am really bored of the choices that are happening in the Sunday series. On one hand I love running the combos but I do not like racecars. I feel when you start going down the route of using race cars you begin to focus only on which one is fastest. You start to loose the nuances of cars. The good the bad and the ugly! The most likely chance to join you guys will be Thursday. I like what Ko is doing with that. I may be hit and miss but hopefully I can readjust my life a bit. It might mean I stop running on Sunday but to be honest I miss my baby. I do not want to miss it growing up!

Would you guys every be able to run an event in the morning on the weekends (well morning for me kinda late morning for you)?
I have always felt guilty enjoying the series you created without you being able to participate. I will try to keep up with Thursdays but each week is usually hit or miss unfortunately (this week I can't). Weekends for me are always shot as well.
Thanks for updating the spreadsheet.

@bloodredsky
I was happy when you started racing in this league with @carboneyes because I raced a couple times with you online and thought you were a very clean and fast racer. I continue to see you in that light and I'm sorry if you felt like an outsider while you raced with us. I can't remember anyone else having that type of issue with this series so if there is a way to improve any aspects please let me know.

As @JLBowler and @JoeW have said, many of us race the cars we like rather than use overdog cars which we have run countless times already. My Thursday races have tried to steer the drivers involved into new cars and I always enjoy finding a sleeper car that I had never driven before.

I couldn't blame you for you car choices, as the rules allow for any car within the PP range and you obviously had not driven these cars as many times as we have. You don't seem like the kind of person to hold anything back and I'm not the type of person to be offended through a computer but I think if you had sent a private message to Joby, Ken and/or I voicing any concerns, this may have been avoided. I'm sure back handed comments were made but openly attacking people and calling this series "friends biased" won't fix anything.

If you decide not to race with us anymore, then I will just say thanks for giving our league a shot. There are several people who race with us on occasion and the more the merrier. You are a fast, clean racer so if this league does not offer you the challenge you seem to be after, then best of luck. If you decide you want to hone your racecraft and have fun racing with our shenanigans then I'll see you on track.

@savage388
@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@fastfox400
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Kgffy
@danfurey
@carboneyes
TONIGHT!
Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

05/20/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1700. All cars must be between 404pp and 446pp and tires will be sports hard.

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
Trial Mountain (Reverse)

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST on Tuesday to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in this thread.

I was soooo expecting this to come from bloodredsky. Masks don't last forever and I knew that arrogance and pure stupidity would pop out any time.
On his very first event at Daytona he rams me off track on the dirtiest way possible and still has the guts to post a picture of the incident in this thread with a legend "wrong way buddy"!!! And then wants to feel welcomed???? What a joke! Won't be missed.

I was soooo expecting this to come from bloodredsky. Masks don't last forever and I knew that arrogance and pure stupidity would pop out any time.
On his very first event at Daytona he rams me off track on the dirtiest way possible and still has the guts to post a picture of the incident in this thread with a legend "wrong way buddy"!!! And then wants to feel welcomed???? What a joke! Won't be missed.
Not helping my Portuguese brother from another mother. If he wants to leave and not race with us anymore, please leave it at that.

See you tonight Schmiggz, bring the heat dude!

FF: Honda Civic Type R '04 - 421pp
MR: Renault Clio V6 24V '00 - 434pp
FR: Mazda RX8 Type E '03 - 414pp
AWD: Toyota Celica GT-Four '98 - 431pp

OK, here's the lineup I'm running for the night:
FF: Wreno Sport Clio R.S. '11
FR: Toyoda Sprinter True no GT-Apex
AWD: Audi (actually spelt phonetically!) TT Coupe 1.8t
MR: Ferrari Dino 246
Average PP: 421.6

Final lineup:
FF - Integra Type R DC5 '04 426pp
FR - FR-S '12 413pp
4WD - Golf IV R32 '03 430pp
MR - Opel Speedster Turbo '00 430pp

@Rallywagon
You have some extra PP to use:
410pp
441pp
414pp
421pp
Total - 1686

I know you guys all wanted me to use my 7th fastest cars in all the races, but I ask you, what's the point of testing, when I just get made fun of for finding the fastest cars at a certain pp? I just think that newcomers shouldn't be ridiculed for doing their homework. It, somehow, destroys the integrity of the entire event. But I guess that comes down to the series not being very well run. First page should state that fast cars are not allowed. No one filled me in on that rule. Instead, I win, and the response is 'anyone can win in a fast car' , 'I'm way more hardcore because I have a french lineup/respect'.

PS let me guess what s2000 your using, the 03 type v? Isn't that the fastest s2000 in the game ? Your defense for not choosing dominator cars is failing you.
For what it's worth, I would welcome you back if you ever decide to come back....sans drama. You're an excellent racer and I've learned a lot from you and there is more I want to learn from your skill level. However, this whole dominator car drama is just asinine, really. There is no rule against using a "dominator" car as there is no definition of what car(s) dominate in a variable PP range. No one is saying you're any less skillful using a car you tested that does well in the PP range. You're supposed to do that! However, if you want to, pick a lesser car, whatever! I really think you're misinterpreting any kind of negativity directed at you, and to be honest, that's all this is, a misinterpretation. I think anything you may think is negative is really just in jest because no one here, from what I've seen, takes themselves that seriously (except maybe @kendawg, he's super cereal ). Maybe take a few weeks off and think it over.

I've always lived by this simple saying: if your life is filled with drama, you're probably the one causing it. I've been guilty of it too so it's not like I'm without sin. I've been here to have fun and that's all I have had.

Last edited:
I can't get to seasonals or online lobbies. Connection to sever could not be established...but I am signed in to psn.
I had this last week. It just goes away after a while. If all else fails, I'll start the room.

Back