◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
I will be online practicing early tonight if anyone wants to mess around. (5-8pm EST?)

I would really like to do a little cat and mouse and practice some passing and defending if anyone is up for it:

@tezgm99

Dear oh dear. I have not been around much the last few months, has the main thread devolved, or have I returned during one of the hot flashes?
And that 425pp figure, is that max or do you mean average?

Last edited:
****cicles. I just spent and hour testing the wrong car. ProTip: The Clio trophy is not the base model! I was actually thinking how is this car in the PP range?

Thanks for linking that @danfurey. @Rallywagon, I added your name to the sign-up tab so that you can enter your lineup.

My line-up (subject to change this afternoon after further testing):
FF - TuRD Celica '00 416pp
FR - FR-S '12 413pp
4WD - Golf IV R32 '03 430pp
MR - NSX '91 440pp

Looking forward to some great racing again tonight. I will not be able to do any racing this Thursday, @kendawg in case you want to run any events.

I take it you guys aren't picking on those who choose 'dominator' cars anymore ?
If any of these were dominator cars then they might. The Elise is old and uncontrollable and terrible at anything with a straight longer than a 100yds, the TT Audi is a understeering turd anywhere, the Integra is just like any other Integra FF within 10pp of it and the S2000 is no better than a Rx-8, Mugen, Spoon etc.

Unlike your HSC, Xsara etx choices that are better than any other car in their drivetrain within 20pp of them.

I'll be your huckleberry today...let's do this... ;)

I take it you guys aren't picking on those who choose 'dominator' cars anymore ?

Spoon Integra dominated in GT5 but I found in GT6 it understeers way too much for me.

The S2000 is the best car on his list but as Joe said, there are comperable S2000s (like 26 of them) and the RX-8 is just as good.

You should use the same four cars. That would be interesting... :cheers:

The problem with that is certain other people have a ton of time to practice. I would be interested in a one time event where cars/tracks are preselected by a neutral party and the participants have to drive the combos with no prior knowledge.

the Integra is just like any other Integra FF within 10pp of it

Oh sorry your totally right, I mean the spoons aren't anything special. Really, i mean, a PT cruiser can beat any spoon, so I guess you have a point there. I mean the spoons only rev to 2500RPM right. Name one car that can beat the spoon integra regularly other than the dc5. Exactly.

PS I don't do this series anymore because me and ken would just trade wins each week. Boring !

ps:this:Unlike your HSC, Xsara etx choices that are better than any other car in their drivetrain within 20pp of them. CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

haters gonna hate faster people, it happens. since were in the mood of character assassination though, I guess I'll go ahead and say that after me joining this series for the first 3 weeks (and winning the championship all 3 weeks, with only ken putting up a fight) i realized that this series is kinda a joke. No one should step into a brand new series and win three straight championships - I should have known from the get go that this series is easy easy easy, ah well eh. on a closing note, thanks ken, for not being the only one going for the win (he seemed like the only one who tried, everyone else was scared to use fast cars for some hilarious reason[ego])

Oh sorry your totally right, I mean the spoons aren't anything special. Really, i mean, a PT cruiser can beat any spoon, so I guess you have a point there. I mean the spoons only rev to 2500RPM right. Name one car that can beat the spoon integra regularly other than the dc5. Exactly.

PS I don't do this series anymore because me and ken would just trade wins each week. Boring !

ps:this:Unlike your HSC, Xsara etx choices that are better than any other car in their drivetrain within 20pp of them. CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

haters gonna hate faster people, it happens. since were in the mood of character assassination though, I guess I'll go ahead and say that after me joining this series for the first 3 weeks (and winning the championship all 3 weeks, with only ken putting up a fight) i realized that this series is kinda a joke. No one should step into a brand new series and win three straight championships - I should have known from the get go that this series is easy easy easy, ah well eh. on a closing note, thanks ken, for not being the only one going for the win (he seemed like the only one who tried, everyone else was scared to use fast cars for some hilarious reason[ego])

Maybe I should have put in thirty minutes to practice and put a line up together to give you more competition than you could ever handle. Too late for that now though.

The series is just fine the way it is. You came in at a time when all of the regulars were more interested in having fun and trying different cars while you were only interested in choosing the fastest possible cars. It's cool that you had a different agenda then everyone else and won a bunch of races. The guys that were there before you will still be there when I get a chance to come back and I'm smart enough to realize that the racing will be better if I pick cars that make for competitive racing with what the rest of the group is doing. I guess that concept was a little over your head.

I know you guys all wanted me to use my 7th fastest cars in all the races, but I ask you, what's the point of testing, when I just get made fun of for finding the fastest cars at a certain pp? I just think that newcomers shouldn't be ridiculed for doing their homework. It, somehow, destroys the integrity of the entire event. But I guess that comes down to the series not being very well run. First page should state that fast cars are not allowed. No one filled me in on that rule. Instead, I win, and the response is 'anyone can win in a fast car' , 'I'm way more hardcore because I have a french lineup/respect'.

PS let me guess what s2000 your using, the 03 type v? Isn't that the fastest s2000 in the game ? Your defense for not choosing dominator cars is failing you.

I hear this guy talking, but all I see is...
Ugly-Smelly-Troll-69367788803.jpeg

Just as a last note, I really just wanted to say to whoever created this series/who runs it/ but mostly to new comers to this series - that I never felt welcomed in this series. You say in the OP that anyone is welcome to join. I don't think that's true. IMO it's friends' biased. You might want to tell potential new comers about the 'any' car within the PP limit, really doesn't mean any car. I'm just saying that hostility was there towards me only because I kept winning. No one seems to mention or remember the insane cleanliness i pride myself on. Nice pic by the way, I look just like that.👍

We are basically Humans compared to your Chimpanzee in this series. We have been over this ad nauseum but here's a refresher touched on by @JLBowler . We have been doing this series for a LONG time. The first 6 months for many of us was finding the really good cars up and down the PP range from 300-550. After finding the really fast ones, then finding the really fast ones that suited our styles (another few months of racing) we realized we all ended up racing the same cars within a certain PP range each time that PP range came around. So by the time you came around we had evolved to trying to race cars that were outside the box for each of us. Something different and fun without being that one dominant car all the time.

But you go ahead and tell everyone how you just came in here and blew us all away big boy. Whatever you have to tell yourself. Go take a hike to your public room night in and night out where you tune the daylights out of everything.

The truth is this...you win first 3 weeks...not in a dominating fashion...one week was a tie, the next two were close.
Then I win while you get 6th.
Then I win again while you get 6th.
Then you win by 2 points.
Then I win and you get 2nd by 3 points.
Then you get 2nd by 3.
Then you win.

And you say Ken is the only worthy adversary...Ken beat you in 14 out of 36 races. I beat you in 18 out of 36 races.

We know how much time you spend online driving and practicing. I practice this series about 30 minutes (just practicing the qualifying track, mind you) before the race and still managed to kick your ass half the time. And I did not practice my other cars at all...just the qualifying car. I choose the cars on paper a few days before hand just using a calculator and my garage. No drive time.

So go on...stroke your ego with your tuning buddies in your public room and play crash em up all day long...you won't be missed.

Last edited:
I know you guys all wanted me to use my 7th fastest cars in all the races, but I ask you, what's the point of testing, when I just get made fun of for finding the fastest cars at a certain pp? I just think that newcomers shouldn't be ridiculed for doing their homework. It, somehow, destroys the integrity of the entire event. But I guess that comes down to the series not being very well run. First page should state that fast cars are not allowed. No one filled me in on that rule. Instead, I win, and the response is 'anyone can win in a fast car' , 'I'm way more hardcore because I have a french lineup/respect'.

PS let me guess what s2000 your using, the 03 type v? Isn't that the fastest s2000 in the game ? Your defense for not choosing dominator cars is failing you.
Blood,

Sure I could probably run this series better if I had more time. But I have a Job, Wife and Life to deal with. The fact that this series is still going after more than a year says that while it may not be perfect there are people that like it. I wish I could be racing in it more for the great bunch of guys that race week in and week out than trying to win a race. You are welcome to your opinions and free to race whatever you want (within the guidelines) if you partake. But if it is so easy for you to win perhaps you should go find a place that will better challenge your skills and leave us slow pokes to our fun.

Well I have 435pp to use. I listed my choice as 435pp. The '03 Type V you mention is listed as 434pp in the list. Sorry to pop your top pal (and we are not pals btw), but I am not using the "fastest s2000 in the game" according your all knowing alter ego.

Speaking of having fun. I am trying to figure out how i can start joining you guys again. I am really bored of the choices that are happening in the Sunday series. On one hand I love running the combos but I do not like racecars. I feel when you start going down the route of using race cars you begin to focus only on which one is fastest. You start to loose the nuances of cars. The good the bad and the ugly! The most likely chance to join you guys will be Thursday. I like what Ko is doing with that. I may be hit and miss but hopefully I can readjust my life a bit. It might mean I stop running on Sunday but to be honest I miss my baby. I do not want to miss it growing up!

Would you guys every be able to run an event in the morning on the weekends (well morning for me kinda late morning for you)?

The biggest excitement of this league is being able to pick your own cars and if you win a race getting to pick a track. I won champions in three different divisions in the Sunday night thing. And never got to pick a car or track. So when Joby started this league it was just what I was looking for. Now the only thing is we don't have divisions. So you will have fast guys running with slow guys.

I can see where it would get boring for a fast guy or slow guy. I look at Koszak and see how much improvement he has made. I try to help the slower guys out to make them understand racing and to improve their skills. Even Joe has.....well nevermind.

Fast guys have got to understand slower guys and help them out. I don't mind racing with Blood because he is putting alot of thought and strategy into it. That what makes this league what it is. Most of my wins come from strategy. A few weeks back when I finished 3 or 4th. The tracks never fell my way. I was out played.

Even Joe with his lineup 5 minutes before race time gives it his best. Usually doesn't work out but he is trying.

This league offers alot and I welcome fast and slow racers.

So mr @kendawg ...I decided to check the previous results going back to the beginning to see who dominated who in the past.

And barring the nights where you weren't there or I wasn't present, guess what?

We are dead even. I finished ahead of you the same number of times you have finished ahead of me ;)

Pretty funny stuff Mr Snarkypants ;)
Even Joe has.....well nevermind.

Even Joe with his lineup 5 minutes before race time gives it his best. Usually doesn't work out but he is trying.

Back