◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Not this week broseph. Sorry.

What caused all your issues?
Who the hell knows. I wiped the PS3 clean and still no worky. Worked on my router, on phone with Sony a few times, Verizon a few times and still nothing. Started looking for used PS3s...then turned it on yesterday evening and it worked fine for no reason whatsoever. Spent last night and today re-installing/downloading everything.

All that pain in the ass and it was probably just a PSN issue I could have just waited 24hrs and it would have worked fine.

So I might be online tomorrow afternoon my time 3:00-6:00pm so 6-9 Eastern. Will anyone be around?

@jobyone
Can you please update the 2nd post with:
5/27/14 1850pp (sports medium) at High Speed Ring (Reverse) (486pp max 440pp min)
Updated.

Lets let @Schmiggz pick a track to replace. Anything not bold and in Blue can be replaced:)

Group A
Deep Forest Raceway
Suzuka (Chosen By @tezgm99 - Replaced Spa Francorchamps)
Indy Road Course
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @danfurey - Replaced Daytona Road Course )
Autumn Ring (Chosen by @Kgffy 5/7- Replaced Eiger Nordwand short track)

Group B
Apricot Hill (Chosen by @88GTA )
Tokyo R246 (Chosen by @JoeW - Replaced Mt Panorama )
Grand Valley Full (Chosen by @88GTA - Replaced SSR5)
Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca (Chosen by @danfurey )
London (chosen by @GTP_unleashed - Replaced Circuit de la Sarthe (With Chicanes) )

Group C
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit
Motegi Super Speedway - (Chosen by @tezgm99 5/14 many many times and ignored by me Replaced Trial Mountain)
Ascari - (Chosen by @carboneyes - Replaced Willow Springs - Big Willow)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Chosen by @racefan78 - Replaced Motegi Super Speedway)
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @Nish - Replaced Tsukuba)

So I might be online tomorrow afternoon my time 3:00-6:00pm so 6-9 Eastern. Will anyone be around?
Unfortunately I tend to be getting offline around 6pm EST when the wife gets home from work. That's when I have to go back to pretending to be an adult.

Hey guys. I mentioned that I was thinking of getting some lineups that could be used for some Spec type DTC intro nights. Below are my three lineups. If you would like to feel free to make some lineup suggestions. If you are up for it use either 1600, 1800 or 2000 (or all three). Once we get a few to choose from I will make a lineup list. Also if you see any crap cars in my list let me know.

Thanks guys.

- Small and Light - By Jobyone

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 - 408 - 4W
Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 - 410 - FF
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - 397 - FR
Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) '02 - 385 - MR

1800 - Japan vs Europe - By Jobyone

Audi TTS Coupe '09 - 450 - 4W
Ford Focus RS '02 - 442 - FF
Amuse S2000 Street Version '04 - 447 - FR
Honda NSX Type S Zero '99 - 461 - MR

2000 - Because Rally Car - By Jobyone

Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '03 - 504 - 4W
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08 - 484 - FF
BMW M3 GTR '03 - 505 - FR
RUF RGT '00 - 506 - RR

Test line-up:
FF - Prius TC 444pp
4WD - Impreza Coupe 22B STi '98 463pp
FR - Corvette Grand Sport '94 474pp
MR - Lotus Evora '09 468pp

@danfurey
@kendawg
Please pick your car group choices for this Thursday by tomorrow morning so I can get everything set-up.

@tezgm99 has chosen a Concept car class using the following cars:
upload_2014-5-26_9-42-18.png

My choice for this Thursday is British MR cars:
upload_2014-5-26_10-6-41.png

New track groupings have been posted.

- edit -

I also added some lap counts. This is a roughly 18 minute race that leaves a finish time of about 20 minutes. This is for a 450pp car so if running 500pp you might want to add a lap and in a 400pp car subtract a lap. I can adjust this to be a full 20 minute race if you think that is better.

Or we can just start using the enduro setting and set it to 20 minutes but I think that will make the total time a bit more than 20 minutes.

Last edited:
New track groupings have been posted.

- edit -

I also added some lap counts. This is a roughly 18 minute race that leaves a finish time of about 20 minutes. This is for a 450pp car so if running 500pp you might want to add a lap and in a 400pp car subtract a lap. I can adjust this to be a full 20 minute race if you think that is better.

Or we can just start using the enduro setting and set it to 20 minutes but I think that will make the total time a bit more than 20 minutes.
Thanks. This will come in handy.

I call dibs on the Bentley Speed 8, I know you conveniently left it off your list :lol:
No more smart ass comments until you race Tuesdays again. :lol:

@Rallywagon
@savage388
@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Kgffy
@danfurey
TONIGHT!
Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

05/27/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1850. All cars must be between 439pp and 486pp and tires will be sports medium.

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
High Speed Ring (Reverse)

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST on Tuesday to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in this thread.

Last edited:
@danfurey
Your line-up on the spreadsheet has two FFs.

I fear we may be interrupted tonight by an update if the alleged Senna DLC is not available before 10pm EST...

Edit: It is allegedly coming Friday now? I"m so confused. :dunce:

Last edited:
I think gt6 Tires do feel more gripier, cs at lower pp would be cool, maybe change pp spread too, jst example what I do when I host Rms under 425 cs under 475 sh under 525 sm. Jst an example nothing for anyone tO take to serious.

I wouldn't mind leaving them "mostly" as is. Some cars behave very badly depending on the tires. The Clio MR car for example...great car at 434pp. Barely controllable on SH, probably a nightmare on CS. Fun and challenging on SM.

Then some cars are pretty easy no matter what tires they are on. Most of the Z cars are like this...and the GT86 twins.

I dunno...up to the bosses. If we change it up, I'd like to throw in CS tires near the low end of the scale...the Element and Storia on SH is kinda ridiculous ;) Maybe move the slider a little bit but not too crazy.

Latest Posts

Back