◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Kart] Racing - Tuesday nights at 9pm EasternOpen 

• Thread starter dabneyd
  • 871 comments
Is STUNSTHEONE in SNAIL? He was weaving all over the track at Motegi Speedway and crashed me on the second to last lap. The last thing I said before the race was "hold your line." He's not welcome back.

Karts are always enjoyable - and more so within Snail Racing.

If this kart league is to be "open to everyone", how do we justify not welcoming racers who are struggling? I completely understand and support booting people who simply come to aggravate; but if a guy is simply having a hard time maintaining control, can we still consider ourselves a league that develops drivers if we deny entry to those coming to learn? I was around him at Tsukuba after being punted on the first lap (don't really know what happened) and I didn't think he was driving too poorly. Sure, not as predictable as regulars, but not being a total asshat either. I don't know how he's racing, but I'm a controller guy and I'm very familiar with how difficult it is to hold a line at the speedway races. In the short time I've been doing this I've also seen guys with "setups" struggle with the same thing.

I am not a SNAIL member either.

Dabneyd - Apologies for that incident. I was doing my best. If it hadnt have been for the yellow flag I wouldnt have even found myself in that situation. I saved the reply and had a look and in my defence it looks like I was knocked into you by the kart alongside me. Ill post the link to the replay on here so we can all have a look to see what we think happened.
I was racing with TEX36 for most of the race at High Speed Ring Reverse. I hope he can give you some feedback about my style.
My kart didnt have the max pp/hp last night as it was new and I hadnt practiced any of the tracks.
Im actually a real life racer with 3 go-karts of my own (one of them is a 125cc 2 stroke easykart)
Thats me in my avater at the front in the red go kart racing in Brazil.
Hope to join you again next week and am looking to improve here in this series.

Last edited:
Apologies. After being wrecked out in the last race for the past three weeks, I'm a little sore about it. @Lessen, I'm not trying to limit the races to members of SNAIL, I was just seeing if stunstheone had raced on a Sunday night before. @stunstheone, you're welcome to come back next week, but I'm thinking about not running an oval race. I cannot remember a week where we had an incident free oval race. I simply cannot fathom why drivers are unable to hold their line. Karts are supposed to be fun, but I'm not having much fun.

I simply cannot fathom why drivers are unable to hold their line.

From what I saw last night its so critical to keep in the tow of the kart in front otherwise you drop back very quickly and its impossible to catch up again. Any slight movement from the leading karts and everybody behind them has to make adjustments to keep in the tow. This leads to the occasional side contact with karts alongside you that you cant even see. I guess you can only make these corrections as smoothly as possible and try to be aware of who is raound you. You can get sandwiched in as well with karts moving in on you from both sides. If your not all totally in line then the kart slightly further ahead is usually the one that gets knocked round into a spin :boggled:

Enjoyed the racing last night. Cant believe how quick some of you guys are. Going to put some miles on my 100cc kart ready for next week to get it up to the max hp.

From what I saw last night its so critical to keep in the tow of the kart in front otherwise you drop back very quickly and its impossible to catch up again. Any slight movement from the leading karts and everybody behind them has to make adjustments to keep in the tow. This leads to the occasional side contact with karts alongside you that you cant even see. I guess you can only make these corrections as smoothly as possible and try to be aware of who is raound you. You can get sandwiched in as well with karts moving in on you from both sides. If your not all totally in line then the kart slightly further ahead is usually the one that gets knocked round into a spin :boggled:

Making sure you do not crash out other drivers takes precedence over remaining in the draft. There's a reason we don't allow the leader to be bump-drafted; so other drivers can catch up. All I'm asking is that you hold your position on track relative to the inside line or outside wall. This is especially important in a turn, which is where I've been crashed out the past three weeks. Remaining in the draft will never ever be a valid excuse to cause an accident. You do not need to be a SNAIL member to participate, but you will follow our rules if you wish to continue racing. All of this information is in the first post.

High speed ring race was a lot more fun than I expected.

Lesson of the night: 2 cars hooked up don't need to bump to pull away from #3.

@stunstheone Make sure you turn on your blind spot markers. That will help tremendously with awareness of traffic.

I like to use the blind spot markers whenever i race. I still can tell when another driver is either on my left or right side by watching my rear view mirror but having the markers does help alot.

@grindsj
@racingchamp30
@TEX36

If you could, please choose tracks for this week. I know it's really late in the week, but ASAP would be greatly appreciated. 100cc this week so keep that in mind. An indoor track would be nice, been a while (hint, hint) :)

Woohoo! I've finally picked up a headset. Turtle Beach P11. Relatively inexpensive, but should get the job done.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

3 Tracks that the 100s have not been to before now.
(I think)

Well... since Dab would like a break from speedway racing I thought we'd do a little something um.. questionable? :)

"Hold on to your butts"... 4th race is Bathurst! (Mount Panarama)

Well... since Dab would like a break from speedway racing I thought we'd do a little something um.. questionable? :)

"Hold on to your butts"... 4th race is Bathurst! (Mount Panarama)
Now that's something I can get behind...

Hi
I am interested in taking part in this series but I just want to ask some questions quickly.
1. What time does the racing start? (i can convert it into UK time)
2. Is there a minimum lap time I need to beat? (I'm not actually that fast. Think more along the lines of Jean Dennis Deletraz than Jean Alesi)
Thanks

Hi
I am interested in taking part in this series but I just want to ask some questions quickly.
2. Is there a minimum lap time I need to beat? (I'm not actually that fast. Think more along the lines of Jean Dennis Deletraz than Jean Alesi)
Thanks

No minimum lap time required. And the kart series begins at 9pm Eastern Daylight time. Just watch this thread for room information.
Previously we have opened three rooms on Tuesday nights: Fastest - Medium Fast and Not-So-Fast.
Hope you can join us.

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks
Im from the UK but live in Brazil. Todays race will be at 2am UK time (so actually 2am Wednesday for you) The 4 races take just over 90minuts to complete.

Take a break from your GT Academy aspirations and come join us for some friendly competition!

100cc karts TONIGHT @ 9:00EST

Take a break from your GT Academy aspirations and come join us for some friendly competition!

100cc karts TONIGHT @ 9:00EST

Do you know the laps for the third and fourth combos?

Im from the UK but live in Brazil. Todays race will be at 2am UK time (so actually 2am Wednesday for you) The 4 races take just over 90minuts to complete.
Thanks for posting that, sadly I won't be able race due to the UK start time.

Back