◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Kart] Racing - Tuesday nights at 9pm EasternOpen 

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabneyd
  • 871 comments
  • 44,019 views
Practice room open!

1472 4711 0167 3386 2205
 
The countdown begins.. 12 hours until the fiercest Jr. kart action you'll find!
 
its going to be good. any laptimes or gears for Willow?
Suzuka East was flat out teh whole way round
 
its going to be good. any laptimes or gears for Willow?
Suzuka East was flat out teh whole way round

Yes, Suzuka East in Jr.'s is always a pack race. I've updated the spreadsheet. I've managed a 1:29.3 at Willow Street. Not sure how competitive that is though.
 
Room Number

1472/4711/0167/3380/5688

Please clear cache
 
Was alot of fun tonight in the Jr. karts. Sorry if i was too aggressive at Suzuka. Weird ending at the Motegi Super speedway.
 
Points are up! I need to recheck who had fast lap at motegi though. I know I had it for a while, but not sure how it all played out in the end.

Congratulations to Sourslam!
 
When i watched the replay, it shows me finishing in first at Motegi Super Speedway but in the list it shows sour finishing first, weird.
 
Right, even though on the results screen it shows your gap as being a negative to him, rather than positive like everybody else behind.

I've amended the standings between 3rd and 4th place as there was a points and podium tie. See spreadsheet.
 
is it Senna kart next week?

Was alot of fun tonight in the Jr. karts. Sorry if i was too aggressive at Suzuka. Weird ending at the Motegi Super speedway.
I was counting on an extra lap, so it was a bit of an anticlimax.
 
Yes, Senna karts.

Go ahead make your picks gentlemen!
 
Settings for Spa (rain race)

Time: 11:30 am
Time change: 5
Weather at start : 70%
Weather change: 5
Surface water at start: 0
Grip reduction: low (more competitive)
We were talking in the room the other day and decided running it on low makes the racing better, Because you don't get that crazy spin when you drop a wheel or 2.


Be sure and run a race or two to make sure you get some rain. Seems like even if the surface water reads 0% towards end of the race. It still seems quite slick. Should be fun. You get 5 laps in. Qualifying will be important once again.
 
Last edited:
Selection

Intermedia Brands Hatch Indy 80's
 
@HSAXET Hey bud, can you let Sour know he has rights to a track choice should he choose to do so? Thanks!
 
Lesson, can you add the kart type to your footer as well.
 
Sour picks: Grand Valley full course reverse.
So we have

Short: Stowe
Rain Race: Spa
Winner's pick: Grand Valley Reverse (full track)
 
Um, no.

We've been really good about sticking to the program and I've done my share of "giving" when it comes to some popular opinion (running oval in the Senna kart for instance). I'm happy to be reasonable, but I don't want to see this start to go offtrack.

@stunstheone did not make a clear decision and has yet to stipulate whether his choice was intended to be our "short" OR "intermediate" track. As far as I'm concerned that post is not valid.

@HSAXET chose Spa w/weather as the open option. That's set in stone.

Since the open choice has been used, the Grand Valley choice is also not valid due to it's length.

Sourslam is more than welcome to a choice as last weeks champion, but it needs to be either a short or intermediate track. There are plenty of options and MANY that we have not utilized recently as there have been several repeats in the last month or so. We don't need 3 draft races and two 7 lappers in one night.

If anybody is confused about the track choice format please see the link in my signature.

Furthermore. Not so long ago our good friend @TEX36 reminded us about some questionable language. Clearly we've forgetten quite quickly. I'm NOT going to tolerate this. This is a S.N.A.I.L. league and it SHALL be operated within the standards of S.N.A.I.L etiquette. This kart series will be organized and it will be classy. If ANYBODY (including myself) cannot zip it up upon frustration then they need to either mute their mics fulltime or find somewhere else to race karts.

I'm not going to apologize for being stern here. It is what it is.
 
Thank you sir.

Sourslam is entitled to an intermediate choice.

Otherwise,

Intermediate- Tsukuba
 
Since Sour won his choice, I think it's only fair to let him have his choice. I'll change mine to the intermediate selection. Tsukuba rain. Same settings. Will this work ???
 
Ran some more at Spa that track is better suited for shifter karts. I think Tsukuba is a better choice for the rain race.
 
8/19 Lineup:

Silverstone Stowe
Tsukuba Circuit
Spa (wet)
Motegi Speedway
 
Setting Adjustments for Spa race

Weather Changeabilty
2
Time Progression
1

All others stay the same.
 
I was going to, but some annoyances trying to buy a car have driven me to distraction and a poor attitude.

Out of respect for others... I will stew in my own juice and spare y'all.

Good luck!
 
Back