◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Oval] Racing Series -- Back by popular demand. Racing August 31.Open 

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 358 comments
Heat 3B is up now. You may enter the room if assigned.

Just a heads up to everyone. There will be a short break after the last heat race. Just long enough for me to total the results and post the main event lineups. We have 25 drivers racing tonight so we will go with 9 in the C main with 4 transferring to the B. There will be 8 + the transfers in the B with 4 moving on to the A to join 8 other racers.

Hey @JLBowler I gotta go get some sleep, gotta wake up early tomorrow (6AM) and it's already 00:30 here, so you can give my spot in whatever main I placed to the next in line. Thanks for all the fun guys, maybe we can do this again another day! :D

"C" main is as follows: Please enter the room now so we can get started. The top four will advance to the "B" main.

Wardenclyffe
KTR5
FBR_Steve
MajorBlixem
acedition333
euclid58
turnupdaheat
Azure Flare
Pichon617

B Main will be as follows with the four transfers from the C main starting in the back:

USERID_77a23
Rednose58
Severn
AJK Vail
cbcvabch
Schmiggz
racingchamp30
shmibal_gt

A main will work the same as the B and will line up like this:

fzappa
Michelin
TEX36
GGGMotorsport
JoeW (back up host)
socalnatv
JLBowler
Grandpa Money

Drivers racing the B main can enter the room right now. We will start at :51 past the hour or when everyone is there and ready whichever comes first.

@shmibal_GT and @cbcvabch You have two minutes from right now.

After what happened in that last race I was in, I'm not coming back in.

Thanks for putting this together, Bowler:cheers: Had a great time. It was tough waiting in between the other races but was nice just to have to run the main event. Good combo, also. Kudos for those that raced in the C main event that made it to the Main event race. It was nice racing with everyone again:)👍

What a great night of racing! Clean hard racing at it's best. Kudos to all drivers and @JLBowler for running such a succesful event.

What a bummer with my C Main race. I was nursing my tires right out of the gate so I fell somewhat behind. However at 9/15 laps my tires were still 10/10 and I put the hammer down. With the rate I was catching up I knew I had a chance. Lap 14/15 turn 2... lining the 2 guys in front of me up for a pass.... rest is history...spectacular spinout ended my challenge.... even though it ended in disappointment for me I still enjoyed the race. It's like one of your fishing stories...the big one that got away....

Had brain farts, couldn't figure it out so I just stayed out of the way.
Should have started earlier to read what to do!

Results from last night will be posted in one of the first couple of posts this evening sometime.

Be prepared for Labor Day weekend (August 31) for the next SNAIL Oval Racing event. The goal will be to make it run a little shorter and possibly even do a double header to allow for some west coast guys to jump in.

Thanks @JLBowler and congrats to Crash for the win!:cheers:
Lights are on but no one is home! Any chance of getting the final results posted?

That giant pain in the hind parts known as real life has been cutting into my leisure time lately. Posting the results are on my to do list but the wife keeps putting stuff on the list in front of it telling me it has to be done by this weekend so we can have 75 or so people at the house for my daughter's graduation party (I didn't get a party that big when I graduated from 8th grade but whatever makes the wife and kid happy is what I will do).

With that being said, I will find a few minutes today to at least get the results up. I promise no pictures so if anyone wants to help out with some photographic evidence of the night, it would be greatly appreciated.

That giant pain in the hind parts known as real life has been cutting into my leisure time lately. Posting the results are on my to do list but the wife keeps putting stuff on the list in front of it telling me it has to be done by this weekend so we can have 75 or so people at the house for my daughter's graduation party (I didn't get a party that big when I graduated from 8th grade but whatever makes the wife and kid happy is what I will do).

With that being said, I will find a few minutes today to at least get the results up. I promise no pictures so if anyone wants to help out with some photographic evidence of the night, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks @JLBowler!:cheers: No worries, family first! Congrats on your daughters graduation!

My son is "graduating" from 8th grade as well. Guess how big his party is? 0. Maybe we'd be pressured more into doing one if the school did a graduation ceremony, but as it's only 8th grade...who really cares, right?

My son is "graduating" from 8th grade as well. Guess how big his party is? 0. Maybe we'd be pressured more into doing one if the school did a graduation ceremony, but as it's only 8th grade...who really cares, right?

Her school does a graduation ceremony in the high school's stadium just like you get in high school. I guess it goes to living in a largely agricultural community. It wasn't that many years ago when kids around here would graduate 8th grade and go to work on the farms. My mother-in-law and all of her sisters never did graduate from high school and they are in their late 50's to mid 60's. Just a generation later, my wife has a masters in education technology. It all falls back to tradition I guess and I've never been one to shy away from a reason to have a party. I went today and ordered another keg for the occasion. I will now have Sierra Nevada and Shock Top on tap.

I have some pics I took of the Main Event. Hopefully I remember how to upload them to the thread:nervous:.

Back