◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@turnupdaheat Said: Thanks @Adubs5. As it happens, I'm a Dub too. From Dublin originally but now living in Kilkenny (which sounds like what they do regularly in South Park). Whereabouts are your folks from?[/quote]

Grandparent's we're from Dublin and most of the family is back here in the States now but still have some aunts and uncles spread about!.. not real sure where exactly but I need to find out because I need to take a trip out there some collared shirts, khakis and my golf clubs! ⛳ 7 days of traveling around the beautiful countryside and playing seven different courses!! :cheers: wish I would've asked you a little earlier the best of luck to you and your (jump on the easy train) partner JD23. Better start working out cause you're gonna be carrying your partner for a whole season! lol Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun! Cheers my Irish friend! !!

Last edited:
14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

Season 2 Race Car!

14445718268_f76fc2a086_o.jpg

2002 Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
125,500 Cr. | 514 PP | 372 HP | FR | Racing Hard

Voting Results

14445707598_fdab5853f2_b.jpg

The votes are in and congratulations to @KTR5 for winning the fan vote for entry into the Season 1 All Star Race. It was close with @brntguy @ZMalinowski & @euclid58 earning 2 votes each however KTRA's 3 votes secured the victory.

14617918796_e2395c8738_o.png

Thanks everyone who voted. This will be a regular feature going forward to fill up the 16th spot on the grid for the all star race (provided its not need for Grim to host the event).​

Last edited:

The votes are in and congratulations to @KTR5 for winning the fan vote for entry into the Season 1 All Star Race. It was close with @brntguy @ZMalinowski & @euclid58 earning 2 votes each however KTRA's 3 votes secured the victory.

Thanks everyone who voted. This will be a regular feature going forward to fill up the 16th spot on the grid for the all star race (provided its not need for Grim to host the event).​

That's really awesome guys. Thanks to those that votes for me. I originally didn't think I'd be able to make it, but I just might. My son has a 7:15 basketball game that is 30 minutes from home. I might make it just in time.

14532921751_481e9cde4d_c.jpg

Good morning everyone. As mentioned earlier, we are making the following rule change.

In an effort for everyone to have an equal chance at making the field each week, the following changes will take place starting with next season (Season #2).

In short, current Top 10 drivers are potentially (see below for specifics) locked into the Main Events (Main Event Qualification and both A & B Main Event Races). All other drivers must get through Knock-Out Qualifying in order to race in the Main Events. Exceptions - Most recent Individual Series Champion and GrimGrnninGhost are also guaranteed spots on the grid if either are outside the current top 10.

At the start of any season, the final top 10 in points from the previous season will be locked in to start the next season.

Prior to 8:00 pm eastern on race night, all current top 10 drivers, Recent Series Champion and Grim must have confirmed in the official GTPlanet thread (this one) that they intend to race. Simple post of “I plan to race this week” will meet this requirement. Grim will track these and update the anticipated starting grid accordingly. Any top 10 driver and recent Series Champion that fails to do the above by 8:00pm eastern on race night and wants to race in the Main Event will need to earn their spot on the grid by participating the Knock-Out Qualifying.

GrimGrnninGhost will count the locked in Main Event drivers (per the above procedure) and announce how many grid spots are available for the Main Events both in the GTPlanet thread and in the Lobby.

8:00pm – 8:40pm (EDT) – Knock-Out Qualifying (Practice Mode)
  • 8:00pm eastern - Official Practice Lobby opens for drivers outside the top 10 in points and any current top 10 driver and recent Series Champion who did not confirm participation per the above procedure.
  • You must not leave the lobby as your lap times may be erased.
  • Drivers participating in the Knock-Out Qualifying may join at any time during this 40 min window. No requirement to run the full 40 mins however you do need to give yourself enough time to get on the track and log a lap time.
  • Can run as many or as few of laps as needed.
  • Remaining grid positions for the Main Events to be determined by fastest practice times during the Knock-Out Qualifying Lobby up until 8:40pm eastern.
  • A photo of Best Times will be taken by Grim at 8:40 to lock in the best times.
  • Grim will announce who has made it through Knock-Out Qualifying and qualified for the Main Events.
  • In the event we have more spots available than participants at the conclusion of the Knock-Out Qualifying, then everyone will advance to the Main Events!
  • Knock-Out Qualifying lobby crashes - In the event of the lobby crashing in the final 15 mins of Knock-Out Qualifying, grid positions will be awarded based on first come first serve into the original Knock-Out Qualifying lobby. If lobby crashes within first 25 mins, a new lobby will be set up and drivers will need to post new times in an abbreviated session.
  • Main Event locked in drivers may enter lobby during this time however are not allowed to enter the track. Depending on space, I may ask for some of the locked in drivers to temporarily leave the lobby to ensure enough room for “Knock-Out Qualifying” participants.
8:40pm – 9:05pm – All Main Event drivers enter lobby and prepare for Main Event Qualification
  • 8:45pm eastern – All Main Event drivers enter lobby and prepare for Main Event Qualification. Practice Laps are allowed by all.
  • Drivers knocked out during the Knock-Out Qualifying will need to leave the lobby. Sorry.
The remaining schedule of events remains unchanged
  • 9:05pm – 9:15pm - Main Event Qualifying (10 Min Qualification Mode)
  • 9:15pm – 9:55pm – “A” Main (40 Min Endurance Race)
  • 9:55pm – 10:05pm – Intermission (Break) - Do not leave the lobby!
  • 10:05pm – 10:45pm – “B” Main (40 Min Endurance Race – Inverted Grid)

The purpose of this change is to reward drivers who are in the top 10 in points with spots on the Main Event Grid and allow all other drivers (including new drivers) to earn their way onto the weekly starting grids. Hopefully this will allow for new drivers to join the series and have full grids for the main events.

@Adubs5 @Adventuruss @BayouSimDrifter @brntguy @dangerzone641 @DMacs13 @Dragonwhisky @euclid58 @full89metal @GGGMotorsport @go6 @goofytyler @hognhominy @Jakedog23 @Jayc2k @joe_diben @JWalker @KTR5 @lousteezy @mlbguy4life @Nail-27 @Neovre @Parcells2 @ParkerMO125 @SkiwiNV @turnupdaheat @Wardenclyffe @ZMalinowski

League Members - Once you have read and understand the above process, please “Like” this post so I can track who has not seen it yet.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Btw - I want to thank @jobyone for providing the spark for this above rule change. it was his initial suggestion that gave me the idea for this final change. This should help with the growth of the series and maximize lobby participation week in and week out going forward.

I agree. Got to earn it. Then you are gonna want to keep it.. GO or GO Home Format.. That's cool!! gonna be interesting for me and my lack of time I've been playing this game but ... lol But it's a fair and cool format! Now I just have to MAKE a race!

I read. Not sure I understand it all fully but I reckon a couple of goes with it will solidify how it all works.

When is the first night I will have a shot at qualifying?

Last edited:
I read. Not sure I understand it all fully but I reckon a couple of goes with it will solidify how it all works.

When is the first night I will be have a shot at qualifying?
No worries Dragon. Most of it is pretty basic stuff with the biggest thing being how we determine who races each week. In short, if your not in the top ten, you will need to go through knockout qualifying before the race starts @ 9:00pm. So far we have not had full lobby or had to turn anyone away but with the recent growth of interest, we needed a way to ensure everyone has a chance to race.

As for when season 2 starts, 7/23/14 is the first race using the new procedure and car. I will update the schedule after the all star race this week.

Last edited:
Season 2 Team Update

Based on what I know so far, we have four teams signed up for the optional team championships

14645501425_bd9e5c1642_o.png

Still plenty of time to sign up your team if you want to participate in the optional team championships

Last edited:
I'm game for Wednesday night.
Thanks for your interest in the series. Please look over the first post and then let us know what number you want to use from those not chosen in post #2.
Just a reminder that this week (7/16) is closed to just those running in the all star race. Season 2 starts 7/23.

Thanks

Read post #308 but its against my religion to "like" posts so you'll have to try harder than that to fool me Grimm.
Only Parcells would take a simple task and make it more difficult than it needs to be. That said, I'll take this as your acknowledgment. :)

Well 🤬, that's next week, I'll be at work. Looks like I won't be participating after all...
Sorry about that. You can still race part time as we will run every Wednesday for the foreseeable future. If there is a chance to race occasionally, go ahead and pick your number.

Same as always, #98.

If it matters, my colors are also the same, Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) and Grigio Avlon.

I have updated the OP with the Season 2 Combo (Schedule and Car) that will start next week 7/23/14.

First however we have the Season One All Star race (for those that qualified) this week in the Subaru Impreza Touring Car at the famed Nürburgring 24h course. It has also been confirmed that the All Star race this week will be streamed live on Twitch TV (http://www.twitch.tv/2old4forza) thanks to fellow driver @brntguy!

Thanks

Press Release

7/15/14 – Nurburg, Germany

Tomorrow the S.N.A.I.L. Race Car Series concludes its first season activities in its first All Star Race to be held at the famed Nürburgring 24H course. “Its been a great first season for the series as we had 9 drivers qualify for the race” stated GrimGrinninGhost, series director. Highlighting the field is Individual Series Champion @turnupdaheat and his Team winning teammate Grimgrnninghost. When asked how he enjoyed racing with turnupdaheat, Grim replied “turnupdaheat was fantastic all season long and had solid performances week in and week out reaching the podium 6 out of 8 possible races. You can’t ask for much more than that. It was well deserved and had a great time with him as my teammate as part of TransAtlantic Motorsports”.

The field will also include Season 1 race winners @JWalker and @Adventuruss . Sadly, heavy favorite for the All Star win, Adventuruss, will not be able to make the race tomorrow due to prior commitments. “While we regret Adventuruss will miss the race, we fully understand and will miss his presence on the track” stated Grim.

Rounding out the field will include @dangerzone641 for his second place finish at Trial Mountain, @Wardenclyffe for his 3rd place finish at Circuito di Roma, @full89metal for his third place finish at Trial Mountain and finally @Parcells2 for his third place finish at Apricot Hill. Sadly, Parcells2 had travel issues with his co-driver (parcells2) trying to leave Canada under a single Visa and will not be able to view the wonderful sunrise and sunsets.

Finally, we have our Driver Favorite from Season 1 being @KTR5 . KTR5 earned his place on the grid by winning the Driver Favorite vote based on his sportsmanship and racecraft during the previous season. “Im really happy for KTR5 for making the field for the race. This past season he was always in contention for a podium finish and was a pleasure to race against” stated Grim.

The teams are preparing their Subaru Impreza Touring Cars for the 1 hour endurance race tomorrow which should have some good battles throughout the field. One thing is for certain that has been the case all season, pit strategy could play an interesting role.

The series has partnered with @brntguy productions to stream the race live on Twitch TV (http://www.twitch.tv/2old4forza) for those interested in viewing the race. When asked what this means to the series, Grim stated “It’s great to have the All Star race being broadcasted by a quality production team for those who will not make the trip to Germany.”

Best of luck to all the teams and we will see you on the track!

Last edited:
Do I have to sign for that or just show up in the qualify?
Edit. I just saw it's an all Star race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back