◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jakedog23 & @full89metal - Please note that the Division assignments will be based on the recent Promotion/Relegation that just took place for SNAIL drivers. Those not in SNAIL will be assigned to an equivalent division provided they participated in 4 races (2 weeks) so that they can participate next season as well. Reminder to existing teams that they will need to find new team mates as they can not compete together in back to back seasons..
Oh yeah. It has to add up to six or higher. I forgot about that. But as it turns out the two of us are compatible. I'm d4. He's d3. But thanks for the reminder I needed to bookmark the new driver list. :cheers:

Oh yeah. It has to add up to six or higher. I forgot about that. But as it turns out the two of us are compatible. I'm d4. He's d3. But thanks for the reminder I needed to bookmark the new driver list. :cheers:
I update the driver list in the standings after next week

Hey guys

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the final points paying race of the season. Some very close battles throughout the standings so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out. Remember you will want to be in the top 10 in points starting next season. Details to follow later this week.

Additionally, there are still spots available on the grid for the All Star race next week. In short, you finish on the podium this week and you qualify for the race.

Finally, after tomorrow night's races, you can place your vote(s) for the combo for next season from one of the three listed below. You get 1 vote for each race you participated in. Voting will close @ 9:00pm EDT on Friday 7/11/14.

14386371790_dfdd3820f7_b.jpg

See you all tomorrow night!

Pretty darn sure this isn’t an option but I’d rather use my votes towards downgrading option C vs. voting for either option A or B. All the cars look great with C being my least favorite but it’s the tracks that make me not want to race option C the most. That said It’s unlikely I’ll be able to participate in every race going forward which has nothing to do with this awesome series, rather a scheduling conflict with Parcells bed time.

Talked to Mark yesterday and he figures he’ll make tonight’s race. Being on vacation and all he would have made last week’s race too but he has a memory like a sieve.

14344842237_dfdf1f1a09_c.jpg

Here is the eligibility order for tonight's race. Those listed in bold below (top 16) need to be in the lobby ready to race by 8:55 eastern or you will lose your starting spot (for both races) to the next alternate on the list. If you arrive after 8:55, you will drop to the bottom of the alt list for that nights race.
If you are not going to make the race this week and you are in the top 16, please let me know.
Thanks

#1 - turnupdaheat
#2 - GrimGrnninGhost
#3 - JWalker_SSR7
#4 - CoachMK21
#5 - Parcells2
#6 - Wardenclyffe
#7 - brntguy
#8 - zii1993
#9 - mlbguy4life
#10 - Adventuruss - Participating in GTA
#11 - SkiwiNV
#12 - Neovre - Participating in GTA
#13 - Zmalinowski
#14 - GTPdangerzone641
#15 - hognhominy
#16 - blueninjacivic

#17 - xsitement
#18 - Joe_DiBen
#19 - Jakedog23

#20 - jay-c2000
#21 - GTP_Lousteezy
#22 - euclid58
#23 - GTP_ParkerMO125 - Participating in GTA
#24 - nail-27
#25 - DoublePass

See you on the track

Hey guys

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the final points paying race of the season. Some very close battles throughout the standings so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out. Remember you will want to be in the top 10 in points starting next season. Details to follow later this week.

Additionally, there are still spots available on the grid for the All Star race next week. In short, you finish on the podium this week and you qualify for the race.

Finally, after tomorrow night's races, you can place your vote(s) for the combo for next season from one of the three listed below. You get 1 vote for each race you participated in. Voting will close @ 9:00pm EDT on Friday 7/11/14.

I will try to make race 2 if there is room available AND I get back from the basketball game in time, but don't wait for me.

Is this race starting at 12pm or 12am? I have the car, i have the car #50. Im ready to race for 40 minutes, but if this thing doesn't start until 12am going into thursday then im going back to bed. I just woke up thinking this race was starting 12pm east usa time. I sent you a friends request GRIM, i hope you receive it in time so i can join your lobby.

go6
Is this race starting at 12pm or 12am? I have the car, i have the car #50. Im ready to race for 40 minutes, but if this thing doesn't start until 12am going into thursday then im going back to bed. I just woke up thinking this race was starting 12pm east usa time. I sent you a friends request GRIM, i hope you receive it in time so i can join your lobby.
Per the topic title and opening post, this starts @ 9:00pm Eastern time. Im not sure where you are getting "12pm or 12am" from. Let me know if the 9:00PM Eastern time works for you and I'll get you added.

EDIT - I see where you got it from and have fixed that. The 12:00 time is the "IN GAME" race time as this is a time variable race

Last edited:
lol yes i was getting it from the in game time. Wow can't believe i didn't look up sooner. Thank you for letting me know. Yes 9pm does work for me, and if im not mistaken this is the last race for this series and i will only get 1 vote since i only participated in one event. Thank you very much for clearing this up for me. I will be promptly on time around 8 or 8:30. Can't wait! Thanks again!

So just to confirm, this the last night of the Season. The series will continue on after this week. As for the votes, remember we have two 40 min races each wed night so you can earn 2 votes if you race in both. See you tongiht

Hey guys

I love the model you've adopted here of granting one vote for every race participated in; it gives greater say to those that have put in the time (and I think this despite it meaning I have less votes due to the night I missed during my power outage). Also, I will be happy with any of the three choices though to be honest I prefer 2 or 3 over 1, but only because the Integra TC was used in recent SNAIL history.

I am looking forward to racing tonight and next season for that matter.

That was my intent was to award those that participate week in and week out with a greater impact in the upcoming season. As for the combos, I tried to find something different with each one. The Integra is FF, the Nissan is a mid range grip car and then we have some American muscle. Each have very different aspects between them. Season three may see a FF, MR and perhaps a AWD in the mix as an example

As for the track selections, Each season will have one Street (City) race and then a mix of real and original tracks.

All that said, Im glad you like it and if anyone has suggestions on how we can improve the series, please feel free to shoot me a PM. See you tonight

14532921751_481e9cde4d_c.jpg

In an effort to increase the participation in the Optional Team Championships, the following rules have been updated

Optional Team Championship
  • Open to all drivers.
  • No extra racing is required.
  • Teams consist of two drivers which divisional total must equal 6 or greater.
  • Example – D1 driver can team up with a D5 driver (1+5=6) or two D3 drivers on the same team (3+3=6).
  • Division assignments based on the following:
    • S.N.A.I.L. Drivers - Based on S.N.A.I.L. division assignments at the conclusion of the previous WED Night Series Season.
    • Non S.N.A.I.L. Drivers – Based in performance during previous season (must have competed in 4 Races (two weeks) to be ranked.
  • Teams can’t change until after Wed Night Race Car season is finished.
  • Points awarded based on point system above.
  • Team champions qualify for All Star Race.
In short, this is now open to all participants (even those not in SNAIL) however non SNAILs needed to have raced in 4 races in the previous season to be ranked into a division.

Once the regular season has been completed, I will post the new division assignments to be used for next season. Again this is only needed if you want to team up with someone for the Optional Team Championship. Hope to see a few more teams in Season 2.

Last edited:
@ZMalinowski would you want to team up next season?
I'll team up with you! I'll have to get caught up on the team thing since it's been tough for me to follow the forums. (No computer, only a phone).

Also, @GGGMotorsport, I will not be able to participate tonight. A new apartment building is going up across the parking lot from us and Scamcast is outside with a ditch witch ruining everyones internet for the night. I wish there were a way to watch it live from my phone lol

Also, I was doing data logging on a fast lap of RBR, does this G-O-Meter look odd to anyone?

Attachments

• IMAG0702.jpg
    IMAG0702.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 8
I just got Disco'd and won't let me back in. Grim you would've had me. Lol figures I'm doin good I get Disco'd.

I just got Disco'd and won't let me back in. Grim you would've had me. Lol figures I'm doin good I get Disco'd.
Im not so sure. Catching you was one thing, passing is something else. You were running solid laps and was gutted for you when you DC'd.

14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

Voting for Season 2 Combo is now open!

Each driver will be allowed to cast 1 vote per number of races participated in previous season.
(If you raced in all 8 races, you get 8 votes. If you raced in 1 race, you get 1 vote)
Season combo earning the most votes by 9:00pm EDT Friday 7/11/14 will be chosen for Season 2.

Only votes submitted via GTPlanet Private Message (PM) will be counted!

Additionally

Starting with this season, we will have a "Fan Vote" for who you feel deserves to race in the season ending All Star race next week. You can vote for anyone who participated in the previous season that you feel showed good racecraft and sportsmanship. Please include your vote along with your season combo vote via PM. Winner will be announced Friday evening. Below are the names of drivers you can vote for.

Zmalinowski
brntguy
GTP_Lousteezy
CoachMK21
xsitement
euclid58
hognhominy
Joe_DiBen
mlbguy4life
NORML_N
NEOVRE
Jakedog23
blueninjacivic
jay-c2000
SkiwiNV
TEAMworkPLEASE​

14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

Voting for Season 2 Combo is now open!

Each driver will be allowed to cast 1 vote per number of races participated in previous season.
(If you raced in all 8 races, you get 8 votes. If you raced in 1 race, you get 1 vote)
Season combo earning the most votes by 9:00pm EDT Friday 7/11/14 will be chosen for Season 2.

Only votes submitted via GTPlanet Private Message (PM) will be counted!

Additionally

Starting with this season, we will have a "Fan Vote" for who you feel deserves to race in the season ending All Star race next week. You can vote for anyone who participated in the previous season that you feel showed good racecraft and sportsmanship. Please include your vote along with your season combo vote via PM. Winner will be announced Friday evening. Below are the names of drivers you can vote for.

Zmalinowski
brntguy
GTP_Lousteezy
CoachMK21
xsitement
euclid58
hognhominy
Joe_DiBen
mlbguy4life
NORML_N
Jakedog23
blueninjacivic