◆ S.N.A.I.L SPEC [NASCAR] Racing Wednesday 9PM EST. (OPEN TO EVERYONE)Open 

• Thread starter Pichon617
  • 437 comments

Should Daytona be the last race for championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Boston, MA
PICHON617
S.N.A.I.L SPEC-NASCAR SERIES
Races will be hosted in a friends only lobby. Make sure that PICHON617 is added on your PSN friends list. This weekly race series is open to any S.N.A.I.L & GTP member we are trying to bring a "REAL" nascar exprience to GTP. So come join the fun the race winner has 48hrs to pick track for the following week.

Race Start Time Wednesday 9:00 PM EST Room opens 8:30

Car regulations
1. Only the 2013 "Gen 6" Nascars will be permitted for use
2. Cars will be restricted to a PP/HP limit.

• Super Speedways(80%Power 601pp/714hp)
  • High Speed Ring(80%Power 601pp/714hp)
  • Road Courses(70%Power 585pp/624hp)
3. Racing Soft Tires only

4. No Tuning

Racing Rules

CAUTIONS
  1. Are for multi-car incidents
  2. Are not for single car spin outs
Two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times.
  1. At Daytona and SSRX, the "apron" (area between the bottom yellow line and the grass/paved runoff) is NOT track and you may NOT run on it to make a pass.
  2. On road courses, curbing/rumble strips and most hard surfaces attached to white boundary lines are track; different considerations may be made at certain tracks.
  3. Concrete patches, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track.
  4. When exiting pit road, you may merge onto the racing line as soon as it is safe to do so. You must make certain that you will not impede any other cars while merging.
  5. Harsh penalties will be applied to those who cause an accident while exiting the pits.
  6. The same thing applies for drivers rejoining the track after spinning or otherwise leaving the racing surface.
  7. Lapped Drivers may not impede the progress of the lead lap cars. They may, however, choose to help a lead lap car by bump drafting, etc.
  8. Bump drafted is permitted on all tracks, provided it is safe to do so.
  9. If you cause an accident for any reason that causes another driver to spin out, you must wait for all affected drivers to rejoin the track, and allow them to overtake you before returning to race speed. Doing so proves it was unintentional, and will lessen any penalties applied to you.
  10. Slight bumping and rubbing is inevitable and permitted, but intentionally punting a driver out of the way ("bump-and-run") to overtake him, or worse, intentionally spinning him out, is strictly prohibited.
  11. Penalties will be applied for any and all punts, and there will be zero tolerance for dumping another driver. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/215172-how-nascar-can-prevent-dumps
  12. If you have any issue with another driver send me a PM
Lobby settings
  1. Room Mode - Practice/Qualifying/Race
  2. Room Privacy - Friends Only
  3. Race Quality - High
  4. Voice Chat Quality - Low (kept on to aid communication while racing in tight packs; may be turned off at least for Road Courses if lag is an issue)
  5. Non-Fixed Room Host
  6. Maximum Number of Participants - 16
Race Settings
  1. Start type – Manual Double File Rolling Start
  2. Boost - Off
  3. Penalty - None
  4. Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption - Fast
  5. Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge - Real
  6. Pit Stops – Yes
  7. Require Tire Type Change – Racing Soft
  8. Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds
  9. Visible Damage - ON
  10. Mechanical Damage - Light
  11. Slipstream Strength - Real
Car Selection Method: Garage; Car Filter: Filter by Performance Settings
  1. PP Limit - 627 SSW/ 601 HSR/ 585 RC
  2. Max Power Limit - 714 SSW/ 714 HSR/ 624 RC
  3. Minimum Weight (kgs):1565
  4. Drivetrain - FR
  5. Tires – Racing Soft
  6. No tuning
Driving Options
  1. Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  2. Active Steering - Prohibited
  3. Active Stability Management (ASM) - Prohibited
  4. Driving Line - Prohibited
  5. Traction Control - Prohibited
  6. ABS OFF - Ovals
  7. ABS ON - Roadcourses
Qualifying & Racing Grid Set-up
  1. 5 Minutes before the race, solo qualifying
  2. Every race will have a formation lap and rolling start.
  3. The formation lap is used to sort all cars into proper grid order before the race
  4. The pole sitter chooses which lane he wants before the race starts. The 2nd place car will lead the lane not chosen.
  5. All other cars will be in their assigned lane regardless of which lane the pole sitter chooses. Odd numbered cars will start on the inside, Even numbered cars on the outside.
  6. The start is not staggered; 1st and 2nd will start directly beside each other, as will 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, etc.
  7. Maintain a pace speed of 60 mph / 100 km/h
  8. Absolutely no weaving on the formation lap; it does more harm than good
  9. Unless otherwise noted, the start line in the game will be where the pole-sitter accelerates
  10. You may not attempt to pass any car in your lane until you cross the start line (don't jump out of line except to avoid a wreck)

Last edited:
Sunoco.jpg

SEASON 1 RACE SCHEDULE
WEEK 1 - MOTEGI SUPER SPEEDWAY - 50 LAPS

WEEK 2 - HIGH SPEED RING - 30 LAPS

WEEK 3 - GRAND VALLEY SPEEDWAY - 30 LAPS

WEEK 4 - SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 5 CLUBMAN - 35 LAPS

WEEK 5 - SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE X - 25 LAPS

WEEK 6 - CAPE RING INSIDE - 35 LAPS

WEEK 7 - MOUNT PANORAMA - 30 LAPS

**WEEK 8 - INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEED WAY - 100 LAPS

WEEK 9 - EIGER NORDWAND SHORT TRACK - 35 LAPS

WEEK 10 - CAPE RING - 40 LAPS

WEEK 11 - WILLOW SPRINGS BIG WILLOW - 30 LAPS

*WEEK 12 - DAYTONA - 100 LAPS

** Denotes start of championship races
* Denotes the championship race

I would like to give this a whirl. Been looking for something on Monday evenings. I guess I should actually try driving a stock car in this game. Ha!

*edit*

I'll take the #20

Last edited:
Practice/Testing on Motegi if anyone wants in

ROOM ID: 1472-6118-3830-2745-8412
I just got home from football banquet I'm not mentally ready to do any practices very very emotional night. 1st time since losing Super Bowl I have been around my team. It's funny because when I seen the team I started tearing up yes I'm a BIG SOFTY.

Last edited:
Oh... then all the cars are taken then. Will there not be doubles or will there only be a 10 car field?
Are there any other #s in the 2011 cars that have not been used. Also come this Monday 730pm est show up we will be talking about that topic car with same #s because I want a 16 car field.

Are there any other #s in the 2011 cars that have not been used. Also come this Monday 730pm est show up we will be talking about that topic car with same #s because I want a 16 car field.
Are the older gen cars designed to drive the same as the newer ones? Don't want someone to be disadvantaged. I really don't see an issue with doubles.

I see a total of 10 2013 cars and I don't see any 2011 cars in the dealerships. Not sure where those are...

@Pichon617 After some testing/practice I see that I'm actually a terrible NASCAR driver so I am going to back out of the series before it gets started. It will be safer without me...lol That should free up the 14 car too. Thanks!

@Pichon617 After some testing/practice I see that I'm actually a terrible NASCAR driver so I am going to back out of the series before it gets started. It will be safer without me...lol That should free up the 14 car too. Thanks!
You have more than a week to practice Jesse. I'm probably really bad too.
Troggy took the words right out my mouth bro come into lobby on Monday you will see you aren't alone bro.

Back