◆ S.N.A.I.L SPEC [NASCAR] Racing Wednesday 9PM EST. (OPEN TO EVERYONE)Open 

• Thread starter Pichon617
  • 437 comments

Should Daytona be the last race for championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for this series guys! A lot of great new drivers that I had never met, it was hard to put the voices with the names! Up until last week, I had never had an issue with GT 6. The bug has finally hit my system and I now share everyone's frustration with the online play. Had a great run working with Texas D at Daytona, it was not meant to be when my system locked up! I'll be back! Have a great week gentlemen!:cheers:

Thanks for this series guys! A lot of great new drivers that I had never met, it was hard to put the voices with the names! Up until last week, I had never had an issue with GT 6. The bug has finally hit my system and I now share everyone's frustration with the online play. Had a great run working with Texas D at Daytona, it was not meant to be when my system locked up! I'll be back! Have a great week gentlemen!:cheers:

Was great having you! Sorry about the little bit of rubbing in the first race.

The online issues are what keep us from doing a points championship. We run into issues like this every week, so it is nice to be able to relax and enjoy what we can, without taking anything too seriously. Hopefully PD fixes these issues so we can have less of a headache.

My weekend is pretty open so I think I'll put in some laps of practice later on. Anybody else my speed running ABS0?

OK, so the line-up is Daytona Day, 41 laps (80%) and Matterhorn Dristelen, 31 laps (70%)

We will start promptly at 9ish. Room should open around 8:30

I'm new to SNAIL and I have a quick question/comment about the daily races. I noticed that on the schedule it is listed that on Mondays there are to be NASCAR races, but when I checked here it says that they are on Wednesdays. I also noticed on the schedule that the Rally races are on Wednesdays.

Does this mean that there are no races at all on Monday and that there are two races on Wednesday? Is there a plan to add a race back on Monday so that there would be at least one racing opportunity everyday of the week?

Monday is the server maint. day so I don't think any events are then. Nascar runs Wednesday and the Rally races are postponed I think because the hosts PS3 lazer broke.
My favorite events beside Sunday are the Saturday Enduro, Tuesdays karts, and now the Nascar event. Check them all out!

Last edited:
Monday is the server maint. day so I don't think any events are then. Nascar runs Wednesday and the Rally races are postponed I think because the hosts PS3 lazer broke.
My favorite events beside Sunday are the Saturday Enduro, Tuesdays karts, and now the Nascar event. Check them all out!

What he said.

Hello fellas as of right now my racing tonight & Sunday is up in the air I was hospitalize yesterday afternoon with iregular heart beat not sure if I will be home today or this weekend. Thank god my wife was home because I would have died yesterday. All I remember is feeling dizzy & bam I passed out.

OK, so the line-up is Daytona Day, 41 laps (80%) and Matterhorn Dristelen, 31 laps (70%)

We will start promptly at 9ish. Room should open around 8:30
8:30-9:00 EST correct?
I havent ran a single lap at this course, yet should be an interesting night.

Great racing tonight. I had forgotten to pass the start/finish line first after caution. What i did was pit after the countdown ended after one of the cautions at daytona. Now i know what to do for next week's nascar race.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm out of the Wednesday night NASCAR series. I performed a ping test and I'm getting a high reading. So I quit, tired of all the bs, sick of seeing people blued up then disappearing before the race starts. It's just not fun, IMO, anymore. It's been a lot of fun racing/meeting yall, and good luck with future races. @OxideKart17 please inform msc that the road course choice is his to make. Thanks again and its been a pleasure.

Last edited:
With msc earning both prize selections, he has chosen Twin Ring Motegi as the oval, and Apricot Hill. We will have to determine lap numbers, unless everyone is comfortable with sticking with 31 and 41.

Just read through whole thread. Interested in racing on Wednesdays Im available. But Im confused. Are you telling me you guys are just trying to race the NASCAR cars WITHOUT tuning the suspension, and just running whatever default suspension setup they come with? If so, thats stupid and Im not interested. I agree with power modulation and assist rules and all that, but not setting up the suspension to match the tracks is not smart, and doesnt sound like fun. What about an open setup rule where we have to post our setup 6 hours before race time, and if someone wants to copy your setup, its ok, and we still make it just about driving skill, not the best tuner. We can all tune the cars by committee and have setups that handle better for the tracks we race on.

Just read through whole thread. Interested in racing on Wednesdays Im available. But Im confused. Are you telling me you guys are just trying to race the NASCAR cars WITHOUT tuning the suspension, and just running whatever default suspension setup they come with? If so, thats stupid and Im not interested. I agree with power modulation and assist rules and all that, but not setting up the suspension to match the tracks is not smart, and doesnt sound like fun. What about an open setup rule where we have to post our setup 6 hours before race time, and if someone wants to copy your setup, its ok, and we still make it just about driving skill, not the best tuner. We can all tune the cars by committee and have setups that handle better for the tracks we race on.

As of now, due to the inability to run a serious championship, we are running with no tuning as a means to a) reduce the amount of time invested for everyone and b) to have fun.

Once PD fixes the current crop of glitches, we will most likely amend the rules. Until then, we just like to have a good time racing them stock.

Back