◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Nope, most of us went with an NSX. The highest I got was 186 which was lower than expected given I was drafting and could get 185 by myself :lol:

Edit: can I get clarification about the first post please? It says 'should be 100pp away or provide very different splits'. What constitutes enough of a difference if I go with the split for next week?

Last edited:
hmmm.

Well as long as the total PP is 100 away then half of the split can have some overlap. Not sure we need a hard and fast rule. But if one week is 2000 no split then the next week could be 1900 with a split of say 1050/850 but I would not want to see a 1900 split of 1000/900 as that would mean running the same cars.

Since my original choice has been destroyed by joby's rules :P ....I'll go with no split and 1580PP. So average of 395, low of 375 and high of 415.

Ah I missed out, my b. How did Sarthe go ? Did anyone break 200mph down the straight ?

We waited for ya. But there was no blood on the track.

Joe jumped out to a big lead then spun out on the second lap. Tez and I then battled for the win.

Now @jobyone who gets the drop / add track this week.
Lets let the new guy @Kgffy make the choice. KG you get to replace one track from the list below with a track of your choice. The tracks in Bold can not be replaced

Group A
Deep Forest Raceway
Suzuka (Chosen By @tezgm99 - Replaced Spa Francorchamps)
Indy Road Course
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @danfurey - Replaced Daytona Road Course )
Eiger Nordwand short track (Chosen by @Schmiggz - Replaced Brands Hatch - Indy Circuit)

Group B
Apricot Hill (Chosen by @88GTA )
Mt Panorama (Chosen by @Schmiggz )
Grand Valley Full (Chosen by @88GTA - Replaced SSR5)
Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca (Chosen by @danfurey )
London (chosen by @GTP_unleashed - Replaced Circuit de la Sarthe (With Chicanes) )

Group C
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit
Trial Mountain
Ascari - (Chosen by @carboneyes - Replaced Willow Springs - Big Willow)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Chosen by @racefan78 - Replaced Motegi Super Speedway)
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @Nish - Replaced Tsukuba)

damit! let me check. -

edit. Actually La Sarthe was replaced last week. Not saying I did not miss another one.

Tez,

you were right Joe chose to replace the Mt with Tokyo. I will update the list.

Edit - sorry I have messed up the list.

@kendawg can I have lap times for Tokyo and Autumn Ring (full). If I missed them I am sorry

Last edited:
@88GTA Next week sounds good to me. I don't even have a lineup made for tonight. So I'm good for some practice tonight if anyone wants to.

Shall we just postpone tonight until next Thurs then ? That's my suggestion, as I like the car groupings so far. Give everyone some more time to test/buy/grind, etc.

I Updated the race details. Also here are the new track groupings. I will update post one with them tomorrow

Group A
Tokyo R246
Silverston GP
Indy Road Course
Ascari
Motegi Road Course

Group B
Deep Forest
Suzuka
Autum Ring
Nurb GP/F
London

Group C
Apricot Hill
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley
Laguna
Cote d'Azur

Thanks @jobyone. Can you also change the scoring sheet in the spreadsheet for tomorrow night?

The PP @tezgm99 chose is 1580 with a range of 375-415.

Line-up:
Focus ST170 '03 392pp
MR-2 Spyder (6MT) '02 385pp
Miata 1800 RS '04 389pp
Audi S3 '02 413pp

Last edited:
@savage388
@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@fastfox400
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Kgffy
@danfurey
@carboneyes
Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

05/13/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1580. All cars must be between 375pp and 415pp and tires will be sports hard.

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
Apricot Hill (Reverse)

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST on Tuesday to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in this thread.

Last edited:
DTC Test Night!
Thursday 5/15/14 10pm EST/7pmPST:

First race and qualifying will be at Fuji F using the following cars on sports soft tires:
upload_2014-5-13_14-3-55.png

The rest of the races will follow as a winner's choice car class and track from the following:

JGTC GT500 (racing hard tires):
upload_2014-5-13_14-5-48.png

<1.6L Mazda MX-5/Miata Cup (comfort soft tires):
upload_2014-5-13_14-6-45.png

1963-1970 EurAsian Classics (comfort soft tires):
upload_2014-5-13_14-9-28.png

The PP total for the night is 1810pp.

Example line-up:
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG '08 507pp
Woodone Tom's Supra '03 585pp
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 364pp
Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70 354pp