◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Still haven't had a chance to test any more. Need to figure out my lineup ASAP!
I went with all street cars, aside from the Integra RM for FF. I don't own the HSC, or ever plan to (750k credits and I'm cheap/broke) but so far it looks to have been passed over.

@jobyone
Can you please update the scoring tab on the spreadsheet for tonight?

I like your idea for adding PP to overused and/or overdog cars but it may complicate our sign-ups and make our confusing rules more confusing, especially to newcomers. Perhaps we could list the extreme cases, like the HSC, and take off a point for the night if it is used or maybe we could ban a certain car or type of car? Maybe third place from the previous week could institute some car restrictions like "no rally cars" or "no race cars."

Final lineup:
FF - Xsara Rally '99 481pp
4WD - Honda Dualnote Concept '01 502pp
FR - Opera 350Z '04 491pp
MR - RUF RGT '00 506pp

@qwietstorm
DTC tonight if you are interested.

Rule check: On Sarthe de Sarthe Sarthe, are we out of bounds if we hang outside the dashed white lines on the straightaway? I'm not sure if that's just the road or boundaries for the race track. If so, are we going to enforce this?

Rule check: On Sarthe de Sarthe Sarthe, are we out of btds if we hang outside the dashed white lines on the straightaway? I'm not sure if that's just the road or boundaries for the race track. If so, are we going to enforce this?
Drive wherever you want on the straights. I think the only parts we need to be mindful of boundaries is like a mile before and after the start/finish line.

I see some people choosing the Esprit like myself. That car pretty fast but it scares me :)

go6
look for the cars that will be used tomorrow WEDNESDAY night. and who will be hosting D2

You seem to be a little confused about how SNAIL works in general. I would suggest that you re-read the first post in the main SNAIL thread and check out this link as it is our only Wednesday night series.

Victim of bad car choices... Again! I gotta take some smart time choosing it and I'm definitely starting to tag all my cars in the settings page.
Besides that, the races that I managed to pull up a fight like in Brands Hatch and Apricot Hill were definitely awesome.
But I'm still pissed with the fact that "Super leggera" means super fast and that car is slow as 🤬.

Im interested in joining this but not sure I have the time to test/prep for this. How much time do you guys spend getting ready for this each week?

Im interested in joining this but not sure I have the time to test/prep for this. How much time do you guys spend getting ready for this each week?
30mins and a calculator. Once the PP range is announced all you need to do is pick your favorites from each drivetrain and make sure the PP of all four cars add up to the total. It can be tricky but very fun.

The only SNAIL series where you choose your own adventure ;)

That should be our catchphrase!

On the subject of car selection, I was surprised how some gents were trying to make me feel guilty running the hsc, sure some of the stuff I heard on mics was some joking but I know some ppl were not happy, that's why I'm confused I'm the 1 while back ask if maybe a certain car can be restricted for the evening like a type r hsc etc and what was said on thread that by doing that would go against what dtc is about, so the direction I felt u guys were going for Is take. advantage of quicker cars because of spread of four races with a set pp limit, so hearing cheater car this cheater car that, u. guys could of easily said no hsc, I drove hsc thinking more ppl. would of used, reason I'm confused for what I've heard on mics last night.

The reason we discussed not using the HSC on this thread is that it is obviously MUCH faster than anything else within nearly 20pp.

So we basically agreed not to use it because otherwise the first race would have all been HSC cars.

You are good. And free to choose anything you want. We are all just haters ;) I got into it with Blood on this subject awhile ago and can't really explain again why we all chose not to drive the fastest car available at this PP range.

If some of us choose diversity and get our asses handed to us then it's on us, not you.

On the subject of car selection, I was surprised how some gents were trying to make me feel guilty running the hsc, sure some of the stuff I heard on mics was some joking but I know some ppl were not happy, that's why I'm confused I'm the 1 while back ask if maybe a certain car can be restricted for the evening like a type r hsc etc and what was said on thread that by doing that would go against what dtc is about, so the direction I felt u guys were going for Is take. advantage of quicker cars because of spread of four races with a set pp limit, so hearing cheater car this cheater car that, u. guys could of easily said no hsc, I drove hsc thinking more ppl. would of used, reason I'm confused for what I've heard on mics last night.

You did nothing wrong in picking the HSC as Ken picked the PP for the night and declared that all cars were eligible. There was discussion on the previous page of this thread about how that certain car was significantly faster at La Sarthe (and every track for that matter) and a few months ago a similar issue arose about how some cars were being overused.

In an attempt to try and explain what is going on I'll first need to describe that myself and few of the other regulars have been doing this for longer than we would publicly admit. With that in mind, we have run just about any PP total or split that could be conceived and have run just about all the cars that are considered overdogs or value picks. Because of this, many of us try to run different cars or try to make it more of a challenge. That is not to say that using any car is not allowed, it just tends to be frowned upon because "Everybody knows the best car to use is _____ ."

Now, there is no way that you or anyone else new to series would know that and for that and anything else said last night by me using the word "cheater car" I apologize completely. I did not mean it as a direct insult to you or your strategy because it was more to do with the wonderful PP system Kaz has adopted which lets a 520+ PP monster get rated at 497pp (thanks KY).

You could go back and look, but the argument to go out and always use the best car is there somewhere in the past pages of this thread. No one will stop anyone from using a car which fits our guidelines but I can say that some cars will receive some flak from us regulars.

Again, I apologize if I made you feel bad by any of my comments about the car you used. I knew it was fast, I knew it would win at La Sarthe, and I know that no one joins this series to try and do anything but win. It was compounded by you not having a mic and not being able to respond to us so you likely felt outcast a bit.

I'm not sure exactly how to solve this issue, because there are many components to it. We could add PP to certain cars or restrict certain cars. I think if you had posted your line-up in the thread someone may have made a comment on it and it could have been explained better prior to the actual event.

You are a very fast and consistent racer. This series is lucky to have you and anyone else who wants to give it a try and ends up coming back for more punishment. :sly:

Edit: Just barely tree'd by Joe Dubs up there ^.

Back