◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
TONIGHT!
Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

7/1/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 pm PST

@JCsSoldier
@Rallywagon
@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Kgffy
@danfurey
@bloodredsky
@carboneyes
@Michelin
@Schmiggz
@allyn27
@kendawg

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1820. All cars must be between 432pp and 478pp with sports medium tires.

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
No split this week.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
Red Bull Ring Short

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. We will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST tonight to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Last edited:
Today is Canada day and the wife is trying to drag me into some fireworks bs that I'm trying to escape, eheheh
If I succeed, here's my line up:
FF:Ford Focus RS '02-442
FR:Hyundai Genesis coupe-472
MR:Autobacs Garaya '02-460
AWD:Mazda Atenza '05-446
Total 1820pp

If there's room mind if I run with you guys tonight?

Impreza WRX STI spec C '09 477 AWD
Clio V6 Phase 2 '03 438 MR
Spoon S2000 '00 456 FR
CR-Z Touring Car 449 FF

Srry for my attitude after race 3, was looking forward to that race and getting full damage lap1 for something I 100% had no control of was frustrating, sometimes I get to competive and probaly should drink couple cold ones during are event to relax me, Srry warden last race I was sliding threw grass and was not trying to re enter in front of u then I moved to right to let u pass hope u dont think I was blocking. Great battle at end with leash and Dan is going to help me sleep tonight now.

Srry for my attitude after race 3, was looking forward to that race and getting full damage lap1 for something I 100% had no control of was frustrating, sometimes I get to competive and probaly should drink couple cold ones during are event to relax me, Srry warden last race I was sliding threw grass and was not trying to re enter in front of u then I moved to right to let u pass hope u dont think I was blocking. Great battle at end with leash and Dan is going to help me sleep tonight now.
I know you had no control. It was like a Nascar crash...whichever direction I picked would have been wrong.

I feel your pain about Race 3. Sunday races had me knocked out of one race due to someone lag crashing my car into oblivion...moved from 2nd to last with massive car damage. And I was punted off at Daytona on lap 1 which put me from 1st to last. Could have won the night if I had those points back. Very irritating. Apparently...people say "That's racing"...racing sucks sometimes.

I was knocked around a bit too last night, but I had a good time anyway. Congrats on the win @Kgffy.

Someone needs to beat this guy!
. Jst woke up, was not expecting to win points, who got 2nd, they can pick pp and I'll pick quailfling track.

Hey guys I'm really sorry about causing the wreck on the third race. I just completely lost control of that Subaru. It did something totally weird even after I practiced wih it. I don't know I'll have to watch the replay when I have a chance to learn from it.

The fourth race was a blast. A good battle between @Kgffy , @Unleashed and myself . I need to learn to be more consistent and then I can actually be competitive! :).

Can anyone offer any advice on how to handle turn 1 on the Daytona Road Course?! I hate this track so much because of this turn. I'm going at full speed with my nsx and making it around the curve after the start line and now you have to brake hard for a left hander. My car always feels unsettled as I'm braking and I spin out and hit the wall. I have never figured how to do this turn properly!

Last edited:
Looks like it was a fairly close battle for the win

56 kgffty
55 Kendawg
54 Tezgm99
51 Koszak27
50 JoeW/Ice-Warden
48 Qwietstorm
43 danfurey
42 Unleashed159
9 Schmiggz

Both @kgffty and @qwietstorm were 1 PP over so I have adjusted the scores down 1 PP. No change to the Results.

@88GTA You can choose a new track:)

Group A
Motegi Super Speedway - (Chosen by @tezgm99 5/14 many many times and ignored by me)
Apricot Hill - (Chosen by @88GTA)
Special Stage Route 5 - (Chosen by @JoeW 6/17)
Ascari - (Chosen by @carboneyes)
Willow Springs - Streets of Willow - (Chosen by @danfurey 6/17)

Group B
Daytona International Road Course / Weather Changes / Time Changes
(Chosen by @JLBowler 6/24)
Cape Ring Periphery - (Chosen by @Schmiggz 5/21)
Suzuka - (Chosen By @tezgm99)
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @danfurey)
Autumn Ring - (Chosen by @Kgffy 5/7)

Group C
Brands Hatch Grand Prix '80s
- (Chosen by @fizzer 6/3)
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Indy Road Course
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course - (Chosen by @racefan78)
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @Nish)

Hey guys I'm really sorry about causing the wreck on the third race. I just completely lost control of that Subaru. It did something totally weird even after I practiced wih it. I don't know I'll have to watch the replay when I have a chance to learn from it.

The fourth race was a blast. A good battle between @Kgffy , @Unleashed and myself . I need to learn to be more consistent and then I can actually be competitive! :).

Can anyone offer any advice on how to handle turn 1 on the Daytona Road Course?! I hate this track so much because of this turn. I'm going at full speed with my nsx and making it around the curve after the start line and now you have to brake hard for a left hander. My car always feels unsettled as I'm braking and I spin out and hit the wall. I have never figured how to do this turn properly!
yea slow down and turn the wheel;)

I truly hate that turn. I pretty much stay wide, slow down way more than necessary, let everyone pass me and then take the turn. And I am only partly kidding about that. In a MR that turn is a true pain

Brake early, let off and straight line a bit, then brake again....I always take 2 bites at braking there as nearly every car I've used doesn't like me trying to turn it into one big braking point and choose to lose control instead :lol:

My 1st race with u guys is when u did sarth no chicane and I grab a car that top out, would like to try it again this time Ill grab a Car that does not top out lol. Quailflying track nxt Tuesday circuit de la sarth 2009 (no chicanes)

If you saved a replay of that race, watch how I brake in my NSX. That may help you see how some of us set it up. It's hard to explain without showing you. I'm a visual learner :)

In yo face @kendawg. :D

I will replace Côte d'Azur with Red Bull Ring (Short). It was a tough call because I really wanted to add Tsukuba Diver but I really liked that new Red Bull track .

Not too much in my face. Your add and drop would have been the same choice I would have done.

Back