◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Hi guys, cool to see new racers last night, nxt Tuesday is going to be a split, 1st two races is (1150pp) ss / last 2 races is (670pp) cs, a total 1820pp for the evening
whoa, shake things up a bit....i will be prepared this time!

@jobyone
Hi guys, cool to see new racers last night, nxt Tuesday is going to be a split, 1st two races is (1150pp) ss / last 2 races is (670pp) cs, a total 1820pp for the evening

And I pick Fuji GT for qualifying and first race.

Awesome split by the way Kg.

Test lineup:
FF - Honda Fit W '01 335pp
4WD - Suzuki Alto Works RS-Z '97 334pp
FR - Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra '01 577pp
MR - Pagani Zonda C12S '00 572pp

In about 4 hours my good sir. You'll see my name pop-up on PSN once I get home.

How are you enjoying NHL '13?

I'll try to remember to switch games and accounts then :)

Doing GM mode again....been waiting for five seasons on Nathan MacKinnon to reach his potential though, he still hasn't :grumpy:

I'll try to remember to switch games and accounts then :)

Doing GM mode again....been waiting for five seasons on Nathan MacKinnon to reach his potential though, he still hasn't :grumpy:
Ouch. I remember in my ancient NHL '11 franchise trying to get Henrique above like a 60 and it just never happened. Even after he had like a 30 goal season.

Thought for the day.

I know there was some talk about allowing the person that chooses the PP limiting the car selections. What if we had four options

Streetcars (no Concepts/Tuners/racecars)
No Racecars (allows tuners)
No Tuners or Racecars
No Concepts (anything but concepts allowed)

Any thoughts?

Gd ideas, what about restricting a certain drive train like if some one had 600pp and second split was 950pp but no mr cars allowed in 950 combo, so ppl won't be able to drive the dominate nsx, they would hav to pick a mr at the 600pp, jst throwing out an suggestion, u guys been doing dtc for a while so trying a couple new things would spice things up as long we dont stray to far away from what dtc is about

Gd ideas, what about restricting a certain drive train like if some one had 600pp and second split was 950pp but no mr cars allowed in 950 combo, so ppl won't be able to drive the dominate nsx, they would hav to pick a mr at the 600pp, jst throwing out an suggestion, u guys been doing dtc for a while so trying a couple new things would spice things up as long we dont stray to far away from what dtc is about
The problem with that example is how few MR cars there are at certain PPs especially at 600. We want to avoid people being int eh same cars. If a car is dominate lets adjust its PP.

sorry for my frustration but I wasn't competitive in any race, I missed everything, next time will be better :), congratulations to the winner :cheers:
Hey Tendy boy, :D
The car choices is a learning process as you're far from knowing the potential or lack of it of every car in this game so there's a few things you have to take in consideration to make wise choices and I'll list it for you according to my experience:
1. Observe what cars are other racers winning races with and buy them all.
2. Always choose sporty cars over family sedans.
3. Pay special attention to the cars weight. Anything over 1500 kg is freaking slow no matter what engine you have on that.
4. Honda Type R engines are well known highly recommended high performance reliable fast engines.
5. Skylines understeer
6. Try to copy Kendawg's line up:sly:

The car choices is a learning process as you're far from knowing the potential or lack of it of every car in this game so there's a few things you have to take in consideration to make wise choices and I'll list it for you according to my experience:
3. Pay special attention to the cars weight. Anything over 1500 kg is freaking slow no matter what engine you have on that.
4. Honda Type R engines are well known highly recommended high performance reliable fast engines.
5. Skylines understeer

Why are you giving all of our secrets away? In particular the last one about copying Kendawg's lineup. You can't give that information away. It has to be earned and/or found out on their own. :sly:

5. Skylines understeer
#3.....well i guess the tank cars out :/

Why are you giving all of our secrets away? In particular the last one about copying Kendawg's lineup. You can't give that information away. It has to be earned and/or found out on their own. :sly:
Schmiggz love to fight with me at the last 300 meters of a race. He do it for this :D, is it true? @Schmiggz, however thanks for the precious advices :) you save my time and maybe months of frustration :) :cheers:

So demanding;)

Done. I also updated the signup and scoring sheet.
sorry, i was just confused last week as i was given choice to pick track but didnt know from what group as someone picked Cote but it was not on there

FF: Lupo1.4 '02 337pp
FR: BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79 333pp
4WD: ZZII '00 579pp
MR: Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08 571pp

Back