◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
At this point you it is up to you whether you want to post your lineup before hand. I think it is fun seeing the lineups. We can discuss what everyone would like to do next Monday.

Yea getting the PP right is hard. On a positive note I have been trying to get low mileage examples of cars do if you need a car or just the PP value let me know.

BTW, thanks for the Audi Quattro and paint chips ! 👍

Sounds like fun, you guys can count me in! I haven't had time to pick my cars yet, but I will do so and let you know!

Sounds like fun, you guys can count me in! I haven't had time to pick my cars yet, but I will do so and let you know!
Awesome.

One thought to throw out there. I realize that getting the PP right initially will be a bit hard until we get a good PP list going. In the mean time what do people think about saying that if your PP ends up going over the 1600 limit we will penalize you 1 point in the final result for each point of PP you are over 1600?

My car line up:
FF- Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06 (365) (200 miles)
FR- Mazda Eunos roadster J-limited II (NA) '93 (317) (OCD)
4wd- Skyline Gt-R V • Spec II Nur (R34) '02 (479) (200 miles)
MR- Clio Renault Sport V6 24v '00 (434) (broken in for SNAIL)
total: 1595

Awesome.

One thought to throw out there. I realize that getting the PP right initially will be a bit hard until we get a good PP list going. In the mean time what do people think about saying that if your PP ends up going over the 1600 limit we will penalize you 1 point in the final result for each point of PP you are over 1600?

That sounds like a great idea 👍

Also I'm headed to D1 for some practice with these

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to go through my cars, but I'll do that asap so that I can submit my "fab four" roster. :sly:

Are we limiting car selection to only those that haven't been "claimed" by someone else already? I personally like the idea of everyone having unique cars, but I just wanted to confirm whether that's the policy or not.

I haven't had a chance to go through my cars, but I'll do that asap so that I can submit my "fab four" roster. :sly:

Are we limiting car selection to only those that haven't been "claimed" by someone else already? I personally like the idea of everyone having unique cars, but I just wanted to confirm whether that's the policy or not.

For this week don't worry about having a duplicate car. I suggest we vote about that Monday:)

Here's the lineup I'm submitting for approval:

FF - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 (407)
FR - Honda S2000 '01 (420)
MR - Acura NSX '95 (432)
4WD - Honda Odyssey '03 (341)

Total PP: 1600

The first question is whether or not the the PP's listed for these cars on mygranturismo.net are accurate. The second question is whether or not an engine overhaul is required to get a car back to its max PP. For example, I've got a Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 that has 46K miles on it and is currently listed at 398 PP. I could give it an oil change and bring it to 405 PP and therefore stay under the 1600 limit. However, overhauling the engine would increase the PP to 412 and bring me over the combine 1600 PP limit. :ouch:

Here's the lineup I'm submitting for approval:

FF - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 (407)
FR - Honda S2000 '01 (420)
MR - Acura NSX '95 (432)
4WD - Honda Odyssey '03 (341)

Total PP: 1600

The first question is whether or not the the PP's listed for these cars on mygranturismo.net are accurate. The second question is whether or not an engine overhaul is required to get a car back to its max PP. For example, I've got a Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98 that has 46K miles on it and is currently listed at 398 PP. I could give it an oil change and bring it to 405 PP and therefore stay under the 1600 limit. However, overhauling the engine would increase the PP to 412 and bring me over the combine 1600 PP limit. :ouch:

The site is a good guide but may not be 100% accurate. Think of it like Wikipedia.

The PP limit is the max. So the Integra would count as 412 (probably a few more due to the mileage) you could always use the 95 as it is about 10 PP lower. I will check the other cars in my garage tomorrow.

OK, I have started to go through my garage and I have 147 standard cars that are broken in and rebuilt with less than 10k miles on them. This would mean they are at max. PP. These are all cars between 300 and 500 PP. I have started an excell sheet and will add to it as I get more cars broken in or acquired.

OK, I have started to go through my garage and I have 147 standard cars that are broken in and rebuilt with less than 10k miles on them. This would mean they are at max. PP. These are all cars between 300 and 500 PP. I have started an excell sheet and will add to it as I get more cars broken in or acquired.

Awesome!

Zero, I took a look at my Hondas:( my 95 NSX had 444 PP after engine rebuild with 40k miles. My 95 Integra went to 412. I guess that puts you over by at least 17. Might I suggest running a non type r civic or crx;)

Last edited:
Ok guys, I will be picking my cars out later today when I pick ou my ESCarGOT cars.

So, for this series, we're racing each car on the tires that it's PP and classification would require, correct? I want to make sure I haven't missed anything when reading through the thread.

I've got at least another 50 or so added to the list now.

Joby, If I sent you an excel '07 document, would you be able to open it and use it? If so, PM me an email address and I can send you the document. That would probably be easier than teaching me how to upload to google docs.

JJBowler, excell works great PM sent.

Diabolical good to have you on board:)

Racefan, for this race they should run on tires per S.N.A.I.L. Guidelines. We will discuss/vote on whether we should keep it that way after giving it a try.

I am hoping to be back Sunday night from my trip, but I'll let you know if that changes as it depends on how the roads are, I might stay an extra day so I could miss this (hope not though).

Ok, here's my picks. I checked to ake sure they were all broken in and had their oil changed, but I'm not sure about milage, so I guess we'll see, but I'm fairly certain it should be fine.

FF - Spoon Fit Race Car '03 376 PP
FR - Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02 438 PP
4WD - Suzuki Wagon R RR '98 302 PP
MR - Lotus Elise RM '96 478 PP

Total PP: 1594

Ok so if I interpret this correctly, even if you are running a runned down car at after engine rebuilt is 5 pp less than maximum per spreadsheet, the car would be counting as the max, thus losing those 5 pp; right?

Ok so if I interpret this correctly, even if you are running a runned down car at after engine rebuilt is 5 pp less than maximum per spreadsheet, the car would be counting as the max, thus losing those 5 pp; right?

Correct. We can discuss this if people have other thoughts. Let me know if you need a low mileage version of a car.

Correct. We can discuss this if people have other thoughts. Let me know if you need a low mileage version of a car.

Both of my Lancias are pretty high mileage... so if anyone has a low mileage Lancia Stratos '73 👍

and actually I agree with your rule; that way there is no way to manipulate the PPs around (lessons learned from Escargot).

Both of my Lancias are pretty high mileage... so if anyone has a low mileage Lancia Stratos '73 👍

and actually I agree with your rule; that way there is no way to manipulate the PPs around (lessons learned from Escargot).

I have a zero mile one I will send you tonight. From the OCD so no break in required:)

Zero, I took a look at my Hondas:( my 95 NSX had 444 PP after engine rebuild with 40k miles. My 95 Integra went to 412. I guess that puts you over by at least 17. Might I suggest running a non type r civic or crx;)

Dang it! Well I guess I should have known those mygranturismo.net numbers wouldn't be anything I could base my PP tally on. After all, all the links I provided listed only an "initial" PP and had nothing listed for the "max" PP. :ouch:

I really like Bowler's idea of starting a database. If mygranturismo.net can't be a resource for us, let's make our own resource! How cool would it be if we could simply open a Google Doc and select the cars for our lineup without even having to turn on our PS3. Then as the total PP limit changes for each event or season, we can simply open of the Google Doc again in search of cars that add up to the new PP limit.

The best thing about a creating a database now is that we didn't do a bunch of work compiling data only to have it all thrown out the window:

The last Gran Turismo 5 patch, 2.10 released along the new Corvette DLC, altered many cars Performance Points, changing the game and turning the PP mygranturismo.net database into a big mess.

Dang it! Well I guess I should have known those mygranturismo.net numbers wouldn't be anything I could base my PP tally on. After all, all the links I provided listed only an "initial" PP and had nothing listed for the "max" PP. :ouch:

I really like Bowler's idea of starting a database. If mygranturismo.net can't be a resource for us, let's make our own resource! How cool would it be if we could simply open a Google Doc and select the cars for our lineup without even having to turn on our PS3. Then as the total PP limit changes for each event or season, we can simply open of the Google Doc again in search of cars that add up to the new PP limit.

The best thing about a creating a database now is that we didn't do a bunch of work compiling data only to have it all thrown out the window:

The last Gran Turismo 5 patch, 2.10 released along the new Corvette DLC, altered many cars Performance Points, changing the game and turning the PP mygranturismo.net database into a big mess.
Check out post 5 or here:) I will add Bowlers list when I get it:)

Wii I will add you to the list. Looking forward to seeing your choices:) Just make sure they are slower than mine;)

I planned to use the RM Silvia. Great minds, I tell you.

I'm exited to use a car I know will lose as it should bring smiles to yalls face

Last edited:
Back