◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Just thinking ahead for the following event after this... No mention on DLC cars.

Would like to run VW Vi R10 / VW Scirocco R'10

I hope we can since we cannot run them on Sunday 👎
Any car as long as you can make it fit within the PP limit. Now How can I get that Vantage V12 to work:)

New Lineup

RUF 3400S - 425
VW Golf IV GTI RM - 413
Nissan Bluebird Rally- 320
Ford RS200 '84 - 438

Total - 1596

=============================================
@ Joby

8. Diabolicwyvern - RUF 3400s '00 (425) - VW Golf IV GTI RM (413) - BluebirdRally (510) '69 (320) - Ford RS200 '84 (438) - Total PP 1596

How the bluebird is listed could be confusing to some....like me :lol:

Last edited:
So I had alot of fun choosing cars to fit in the parameters but I have a bad feeling the actual racing will be a big game of rock/paper/scissors. I am against the racing car on racing tires thing so I only chose street cars.

Hopefully the racing is close cuz I hate rock, paper, scissors.

BMW 320I Touring Car '03 - 428
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 - 469
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 - 209
LANCIA DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 - 492

Total pp: 1598

Going for a different kind of strategy just to see how it turns out... the Carol 360 is going to be a blast at Daytona :lol:

I get your train of thought, Joe....but don't forget that a lot of the lower level race cars have a rubbish top speed which is exactly why I didn't pick any :sly:

I say we add on a fifth track because I know that if won the third race of the night, that I shouldn't want to be forced to pick the one track that hasn't been picked. if you do add a fifth track, I suggest the formula one nurb ring track 👍

I get your train of thought, Joe....but don't forget that a lot of the lower level race cars have a rubbish top speed which is exactly why I didn't pick any :sly:
👍 I have done a lot of running of the Enemy Participants cars and a lot will have to do with when you race them. When a 474 PP race car struggles to beat a 400 PP streetcar on one of the tracks you better make sure you run them on the right track or you just wasted a lot of PP:)

Also looking at point scenarios I think the standard SNAIL pts will benefit someone who comes in 4th-6th each race more than someone that finishes on the podium for 3 races and last for the other one. That may be less true with less participants but with 12 or more I think that strategy will be hard to pull off the win.

I say we add on a fifth track because I know that if won the third race of the night, that I shouldn't want to be forced to pick the one track that hasn't been picked. if you do add a fifth track, I suggest the formula one nurb ring track 👍
Way ahead of you. Read this post here For this week lets keep it the same but next time we should have more variety in the tracks to make it even more challenging:)

I've been away since Thursday so I haven't actually tried any of my cars at the tracks yet. I was trying to balance the PP limit :lol:

I figured out how many laps we will run
Laguna 8
Tsukuba 13
Spa 5
Daytona 7

That should keep us around 15 minutes when we include a reasonable finish delay to let the slow cars finish:)

Don't worry, tez. I haven't tried anything out, either, and am thinking I may completely change my lineup before the checkered flag. :)

Err... I think I just realized something. The scheduled GT5 maintenance begins February 19th at 3:00am GMT. In EST, that's 10pm today. And unlike last weeks maintenance's, the servers will be down and online features will be unavailable :indiff:

Err... I think I just realized something. The scheduled GT5 maintenance begins February 19th at 3:00am GMT. In EST, that's 10pm today. And unlike last weeks maintenance's, the servers will be down and online features will be unavailable :indiff:
Your effin kidding me:(

That being said I can hop on at 8:30 EST/5:30 PST if people want to give it a practice run.

I would like to sign up for this league. Here is my line up:

FF - 381 - Mazda Atenza Sport '07
FR - 417 - Corvette Grand Sport '96
MR - 385 - Toyota MR-S V Edition '02
4WD - 413 - Audi TT 1.8T Quattro '00

Total PP - 1596
Thx

I just ran a Speed test and I only get a B if I go local and a B- if go across the country. Anyone have a better connection to host our D2 practice?

I'm going to give it a try, too. Hopefully the maintenance thing is just a diversion.

…or maybe PD will delay it like they do the release of their games…

Looks like 2.11 reversed all the PP changes from 2.10.

This pretty much changes everything :)

Time for me to choose some new cars when we do this again.

Yes, now that my 418PP GT-R has been upgraded to 476PP...I do hope they fixed that gearbox at the same time, it was terrible :lol:

Back