Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will this affect points and standings?

For example, if I get relegated to division 2, will I keep the points I have?

EDIT:

If you get moved to another division you will keep the points you had from the division. Each division will be locked in at the start of each mini-season, then you can only be moved during the season if we need to level the divisions for a night or two. Your will still stay in your division in the list on the first page, and any points you gain will be added regardless of where you raced each night. Though you shouldn't have to be moved for leveling to much, when I announce this Saturday's division lineup, it should stay pretty consistent throughout the remainder of the Lotus Challenge.

If you get moved to another division you will keep the points you had from the division. Each division will be locked in at the start of each mini-season, then you can only be moved during the season if we need to level the divisions for a night or two. Your will still stay in your division in the list on the first page, and any points you gain will be added regardless of where you raced each night. Though you shouldn't have to be moved for leveling to much, when I announce this Saturday's division lineup, it should stay pretty consistent throughout the remainder of the Lotus Challenge.

I don't think it makes sense allow people to move divisions and keep their points. Points earned in D1 should obviously be worth more than points earned in D2. The level of competition in D1 is so much higher that it only make sense to reward a 1st place finish in D1 more than a 1st place finish in D2.

tcrash and I were talking last night and he has an excellent idea about how to scale the points between both divisions. In a nutshell, his idea was to award points across both divisions as if everyone were in the same race. For example, if last place in D1 got 16 points, then 1st place in D2 would get 15 points. Let's talk about this in more detail when we meet up later tonight.

I hope i do good Saturday,tomorrows my birthday and my wish is to do pretty well Saturday

Just keep in mind that you are going to have a good result, set your goals and if you reach them, consider that you had a good result, I did that in Trial Mountain, I was hoping to finish 6th or better and I was on that way, but, I don't remember who but two other player had problems with their tires I think, and I finished 4th :D, better than expected

Just do what you expect, recognize your limits

There is a lot of time to be found on Turn 1... If you want to aim for something, my first sector is 29.868 (RM tires).

There is a lot of time to be found on Turn 1... If you want to aim for something, my first sector is 29.868 (RM tires).

I'm having problems in that part of the track, I lose about 1 or 2 seconds there, my car slides and I take the control of the car when it goes at 60 km/h

Just practice on the daytona road course and for some reason turns 3-6 on the international horseshoe i take my corners slow and wide

I probably wont be able to make it tomorrow night, I'm going to be out of town & not quite sure if I'll be back in time. If i do make it back in time is alright if i still show up?

Jonsey80
I probably wont be able to make it tomorrow night, I'm going to be out of town & not quite sure if I'll be back in time. If i do make it back in time is alright if i still show up?

I don't see why not. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Divisions finalized for Saturday July 28th

Division 1
cbcvabch - cbcvabch
kcheeb - kcheeb
zer05ive - zer05ive
fzappa - tcrash15
cmbeal317 - cmbeal317
Dragonwar233 - ADR_Bronco
whatbadgerseat
jbica - jbica
rossitronic - rossitronic
Nicktune - Nick_KL
EpicGonzago - EpicGonzago3

Division 2
AJHG1000 - AJHG1000
Spdrcr70x - spdrcr70
dabneyd -dabneyd
Jonsey80 - mrjones_80 (Possibly if he's home in time)
dgaf95integra - dgafaboutany1420
KingBestJr - KingBestJr
amazingwarrior - amazingwarrior
ChuthuluGoat
THRASH - THRASH_46
BlacqueJacques - GTP_BlacqueJack

RIP_Welsh_Don

I realize some people might not like this if they were in Division 1 and now are moved down, this is only going to be like this for a few weeks at the end of the Lotus Challenge. After that the following seasons will be implementing quite a few changes that will really improve the league. I realize all these changes make it seem like we're not really sure what we're doing, but none of us that started with this league back in June ever realized that it would it expand so quickly like it did the past two weeks. The way the divisions we're determined this were determined by points. It might seem unfair to the faster drivers who are now down in Division 2, but that in no way means your an inferior driver. Hopefully everyone will understand and stick with it for the next 4 weeks, because what's coming at the end of the Lotus Challenge is really going to change this from an okay league to one worthy of the name, as Saturday's Premier Enduro Club!

Thank you to all that have helped me, as well as joining me on track, because I couldn't do it with out everyone else. Plus racing on your own gets boring after a while. Thanks again everyone!

cmbeal317

Divisions finalized for Saturday July 28th

Division 1
cbcvabch - cbcvabch
kcheeb - kcheeb
zer05ive - zer05ive
fzappa - tcrash15
cmbeal317 - cmbeal317
Dragonwar233 - ADR_Bronco
whatbadgerseat
jbica - jbica
rossitronic - rossitronic
Nicktune - Nick_KL
EpicGonzago - EpicGonzago3

Division 2
AJHG1000 - AJHG1000
Spdrcr70x - spdrcr70
dabneyd -dabneyd
Jonsey80 - mrjones_80 (Possibly if he's home in time)
dgaf95integra - dgafaboutany1420
KingBestJr - KingBestJr
amazingwarrior - amazingwarrior
ChuthuluGoat
THRASH - THRASH_46
BlacqueJacques - GTP_BlacqueJack

RIP_Welsh_Don

I realize some people might not like this if they were in Division 1 and now are moved down, this is only going to be like this for a few weeks at the end of the Lotus Challenge. After that the following seasons will be implementing quite a few changes that will really improve the league. I realize all these changes make it seem like we're not really sure what we're doing, but none of us that started with this league back in June ever realized that it would it expand so quickly like it did the past two weeks. The way the divisions we're determined this were determined by points. It might seem unfair to the faster drivers who are now down in Division 2, but that in no way means your an inferior driver. Hopefully everyone will understand and stick with it for the next 4 weeks, because what's coming at the end of the Lotus Challenge is really going to change this from an okay league to one worthy of the name, as Saturday's Premier Enduro Club!

Thank you to all that have helped me, as well as joining me on track, because I couldn't do it with out everyone else. Plus racing on your own gets boring after a while. Thanks again everyone!

cmbeal317

Is this going to be for the last four weeks?

Well sorry guys but i know i wont be racing this Saturday and not sure yet on future events kind of tied up in the league i help run right this minute with it racing the same night as this league just a few hours earlier. Sorry Guys.

If you think the racing is good now , just wait until next season!
S.P.E.C. is definitely the place to race on Saturday night.

If you think the racing is good now , just wait until next season!
S.P.E.C. is definitely the place to race on Saturday night.

Yeah its a blast!! Just been involved in the GTRRL for nearly 2 years now and i am a steward and it takes up a bunch of my time plus the other spec racing series on friday takes up time its a lot of work keeping multiple series running good as im sure you guys who run this league know. :)

This Saturday are we ganna have to race without the ability to talk in our mics to lower the chances of being dropped out and having lag

Just got done a 30 minute session at road daytona
Best lap 1:55.447 for Division 2
Half of my laps didn't count caus tht turn to get into the infield my back tires slip out alot. I think I got a line towards the end of the session but idk and the infield's 2nd set of turns are hard for me. But ill be racing tomorrow night probably gunna just get a top 5. The goal is podium

250px-Daytona_International_Speedway_logo_2010.jpg

Daytona-International-Speedway-8.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daytona International Speedway is a race track in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States. Since opening in 1959, it has been the home of the Daytona 500, the most prestigious race in NASCAR. In addition to NASCAR, the track also hosts races of ARCA, AMA Superbike, Grand-Am and Motocross. The track features multiple layouts including the primary 2.5 miles (4.0 km) high speed tri-oval, a 3.56 miles (5.73 km) sports car course, a 2.95 miles (4.75 km) motorcycle course, and a .25 miles (0.40 km) karting and motorcycle flat-track. The track's 180-acre (73 ha) infield includes the 29-acre (12 ha) Lake Lloyd, which has hosted powerboat racing. The speedway is owned and operated by International Speedway Corporation.

The track was built in 1958 by NASCAR founder William France Sr. to host racing that was being held at the former Daytona Beach Road Course. His banked design permitted higher speeds and gave fans a better view of the cars. Lights were installed around the track in 1998, and today it is the third largest single lit outdoor sports facility. The speedway has been renovated three times, with the infield renovated in 2004, and the track repaved in 1978 and 2010.

Lets have a good race tonight guys!

Pro tip:
If your last place and way behind the rest of the pack and you're getting bored look at the scenery and admire it,or practice using the strengths of the elise like taking unusual lines on a corner and see how well that line is, take a corner very fast and testing how far you can push the level of grip on the little british car
This has been a pro tip from a professional noob

I'll need a friend request for spec_division_1

I'll send you one soon, doing a few things in GT5, then I'll make sure you get one.

Also a reminder to everyone racing tonight, to try and prevent anyone from lagging out tonight, all mic must be turned off at the start of the race.

Good luck to everyone tonight!

Pro tip:
If your last place and way behind the rest of the pack and you're getting bored look at the scenery and admire it,or practice using the strengths of the elise like taking unusual lines on a corner and see how well that line is, take a corner very fast and testing how far you can push the level of grip on the little british car
This has been a pro tip from a professional noob

yeah, I saw I was moved to D1 and thought... WHAT?, but the I realized it was the points leaders in D1. I guess the original guys of SPEC wanted to finish there champ. and I see why they did this. You and I are new at this and racing with guys with way higher skill presents a challenge, but we all got to start somewhere. I'll do my best, things may happen, and I won't find myself dead last.

Back