◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got DC'd had problems with someone I guess. Which is odd as I saw 16, so sorry to anyone the bumped hard problem had isssues with you. Most likely won't run again until better internet for myself

Based on qualifying results great job on the BOP. I think it was 7 or 8 different cars in the top half of the grid. I didn't look that closely at race results but seems like again it was a wide variety of cars. And great job getting through the first few corners sans fracaso.

The first 2 laps were still a **** show. Some more patience would be nice. All in all it turned out to be a great race though and i had a lot of fun battling with champ, thor and mike and trying to chase down kg to no avail. Hope i can improve next week.

Weekly Race Report

Suzuka has never been one of my better tracks. I always seem to struggle in turn 1, the curves and in spoon. So basically, every technical section of the track. I also wasn't able to do as much testing as I would have liked. @Vegasracer gave me his tune on the BMW 135i about 30 minutes before the schedule race time and the suspension settings felt better. I made a few adjustments to other areas of the car and went with it. In my practice sessions, I was only able to get down to a 2:12.3 best lap. Somehow, I pulled out a 2:11.x in qualifying. Based on my slower test sessions, I made the tough call to just take 1 pit stop. I still think this was a good strategy for me. If I hadn't made 1 error exiting the pits and going off in turn 1, I wouldn't have lost 10 seconds, which ended up costing me 2 positions. I'm still happy with 10th, even though it's last in the PRO ranks. Maybe @Die_Birdy_Die or @Jakedog23 will consider giving bonus points for leading a lap? I need all the help I can get.

I don't think I really had any good racing with anyone. I know I did a good job of getting in the way of @lllTrick and @Xradkins when they took over the lead and @Rednose58, @Whitey093 a few times too.

I agree with @JCH8r on the BOP being really close. The fastest drivers were up front, for the most part. On to the next location, Autumn Ring. Another track I could do without, but it should be fun nonetheless.

I enjoyed my first official event. I just wish I could shed a few pounds off the heaviest car in the field and gain a few miles per hour on the longer straights. I managed to get the suspension to work well in the corners, but most of my time were lost in the straights. I remember one time where I was behind @thorracing coming out of the spoon and got a good jump on him. I managed to pull in next to him just for him (and @Vegasracer passing both of us) to pull away easily with is Datsun. I will have to play more with the gearbox and drive train settings, maybe...

@Kgffy was gaining rapidly at the end and I was glad the laps ran out. One more lap and he was going to be on my tail.

Another strange thing was that my lap times were about a second slower than Tuesday practice - then I remembered..... I changed from a G27 to a G29 wheel. I hope it is not a permanent handicap. I have to get use to the brake pedal - you have to really step on it to get the car to stop.

l know how u feel Rednose, every time I got great exits on other cars they still walked away from me, I'll play with trans and mid turbo to see if that helps. That was an awesome lap1 battle @JCH8r. Did no fuel test so when I ran out of gas 1sec before checkered that made my night lol. Also big thanks from everyone who helped me with tuning advice and private msgs trying to keep me motivated to race.

Hey you beat me handily and i did all i could. I think my ceiling with a lot of luck is maybe stealing a 6th place finish but i will probably be between 8th and 12th most of the season. Especially as people begin to find their groove.

When my Honda Mfg Teammate sets the Pole in last night's race, only my poor driving can be blamed for such a dismal race and finish.

Hours of practice apparently do not a fast driver make. Must have something to do with Natural Ability.

Well, "Maybe next week"

I had a very tough time last night, got Tricks tune just before qualifying that gave me all of 3 laps on it before it was go time. I switched to the g29 pedals last night as well since I am selling my 27's today. That brake pedal is WAY different feeling and the throttle felt lighter as well.

But what I think really hurt me was my lack of practice on a different tune on mediums. I immediately began struggling out of every corner and think I spun out at least 7 times during that stint. Glad I didn't take anybody out! Next week will be different as I like Autumn a lot more than Suzuka.

Hey you beat me handily and i did all i could. I think my ceiling with a lot of luck is maybe stealing a 6th place finish but i will probably be between 8th and 12th most of the season. Especially as people begin to find their groove.
I started 10th, 6th place shocked me, some of that was my pit strategy and open track. Usually I start sm tires, starting ss was difficult especially when guys starting sm tires out qualify ss starters. But I got great start. Autumn ring is going to be interesting.

I had a very tough time last night, got Tricks tune just before qualifying that gave me all of 3 laps on it before it was go time. I switched to the g29 pedals last night as well since I am selling my 27's today. That brake pedal is WAY different feeling and the throttle felt lighter as well.

But what I think really hurt me was my lack of practice on a different tune on mediums. I immediately began struggling out of every corner and think I spun out at least 7 times during that stint. Glad I didn't take anybody out! Next week will be different as I like Autumn a lot more than Suzuka.

We should have hooked it up the day before. Driving on a fresh tune with sm no less. can't be a fun way to get used to a car. lets try and connect at the latest on monday. so we can work out the kinks.

Over all result for me was better then I expected. Nice to be up front in clean air as well. I felt lots of pressure for the start and managed the this cars setup pretty well. Getting the balance on a 4WD is new to me. But, what a rocket start. The MITZ was right there, too. Doing 8 laps on the SM in the middle paid off and let me push harder when on SS.

Good start to season 19, and looking forward to another full room.

I enjoyed my first official event. I just wish I could shed a few pounds off the heaviest car in the field and gain a few miles per hour on the longer straights. I managed to get the suspension to work well in the corners, but most of my time were lost in the straights. I remember one time where I was behind @thorracing coming out of the spoon and got a good jump on him. I managed to pull in next to him just for him (and @Vegasracer passing both of us) to pull away easily with is Datsun. I will have to play more with the gearbox and drive train settings, maybe...

@Kgffy was gaining rapidly at the end and I was glad the laps ran out. One more lap and he was going to be on my tail.

Another strange thing was that my lap times were about a second slower than Tuesday practice - then I remembered..... I changed from a G27 to a G29 wheel. I hope it is not a permanent handicap. I have to get use to the brake pedal - you have to really step on it to get the car to stop.

l know how u feel Rednose, every time I got great exits on other cars they still walked away from me, I'll play with trans and mid turbo to see if that helps. That was an awesome lap1 battle @JCH8r. Did no fuel test so when I ran out of gas 1sec before checkered that made my night lol. Also big thanks from everyone who helped me with tuning advice and private msgs trying to keep me motivated to race.

Torque it then get entry perfect and shift up at apex and TORQUE IT out shifting early because your TORQUING IT, only play with the RED LINE on the longer straights...

edit: and yes you'll need to adjust your brakes, diff and trans to your driving style but you all got that! right?

Last edited:
this season will be a long and arguous one. it will test both man and machine. the first race is out of the way and those of us who bonded to our new cars did well. for me I was sure I would have the pole, but was gutted when a 2:10 time was far short of the blistering pace of the big 3 conteders this season. my Lancer preformed flawlessly, even better than I expected it would allowing me to fight for the final podium position.
moving ahead, the next 3 track in this season will tend to be more 2wd freindly. I am sure we will see an emergence of this at Daytona where the cars behave completely differently from one another. until then I am going to focus my efforts in getting my competitve with the faster 2wd cars in the field. I am going to be aming for a top 10 finish next race as the Lancer doesn't like the tight technical sections at Autumn Ring.
I hope that we all enjoy this season as much as the fist half of the first race allowed us all to run together. I also hope the BOP holds up at the more difficult tracks (ie Daytona) I wish you all good luck and hope that you all find your "grove" with your new rides this season.
Remember it is more "the man than the machine, that makes the difference" this season

Hey everyone what are people putting down for times at autumn ring so far? I'm sitting around 1:17.9-1:18.5 it feels decent but I haven't run into anyone doing laps so I was curious how it's going in general. Schmed is about the same I think a little faster. I'm amazed at how he can make that s2000 perform so well it's impressive to say the least.

I am around 1:19.0 but my tires go away fast so i may have to soften up and sacrifice speed for durability. Hoping for a top 10 is all i can do.

New to putting pics up, this was my 08 s2000, then I got married lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.PNG
    IMG_0313.PNG
    167.5 KB · Views: 20
I am around 1:19.0 but my tires go away fast so i may have to soften up and sacrifice speed for durability. Hoping for a top 10 is all i can do.

My fast lap so far is 1.19.1, but I feel like there's more there. I agree with Whitey, hoping to be mid-pack competitive and not shunt so much.

My fast lap so far is 1.19.1, but I feel like there's more there. I agree with Whitey, hoping to be mid-pack competitive and not shunt so much.
Can you help me with the car this weekend? Maybe pm me your tune

Hey everyone what are people putting down for times at autumn ring so far? I'm sitting around 1:17.9-1:18.5 it feels decent but I haven't run into anyone doing laps so I was curious how it's going in general. Schmed is about the same I think a little faster. I'm amazed at how he can make that s2000 perform so well it's impressive to say the least.
1:18.7 is my BP but I'm just getting started. I like the way the Audi handles all the twist and turns at Autumn Ring.

@Xradkins
As much as I'm enjoying my 86 GT. I'm secretly admiring your audi. Such a nice car. Should be a good series all around.

Autumn ring will be very interesting. Another hard track to pass except at the right times. Which means you have to be ready and hit the passing zones right or your stuck behind again for another 1/2 lap or more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back