◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to pull myself out of the picking and possibly the season. Time constraints and all, haven't had time to practice most of the combos and even had to miss some this season. Sorry.
How about a track? you still can do that.

Congrats to @lllTrick and @Scorpion0001 for winning the pro and Pro-am season 19 championships your prizes are to pick 2 tracks each for season 20.

Also congratulations to @lllTrick and @Adramike on being our constructor cup champions your prize is to pick a track each for season 20.

Promotions: Congrats to @Scorpion0001 for being promoted to Pro.
................................................................................................................................

With that here is the car list for next season!

1. BMW M3 coupe '07 535hp Pro 1595kg, Pro-am 1545kg
  2. Corvette Z06(C5) ’04 540hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
  3. Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 530hp Pro 1610kg, Pro-am 1560kg
  4. Camaro SS ’10 535hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
  5. Ford Shelby GT 500 535hp Pro 1590kg, Pro-am 1540kg
  6. Jaguar XKR-S ’11 530hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
  7. Lexus ISF ’07 530hp Pro 1590kg, Pro-am 1540kg
  8. Mercedes Benz C63 550hp Pro 1580kg, Pro-am 1530kg
  9. Maserati Granturismo 540hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
  10. Aston Martin V12 Vantage 535hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
  11. Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14 530hp Pro 1650kg, Pro-am 1600kg
  12. Cadillac CTS-V coupe ’11 530hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg
The order will be as follows:

Pro

@lllTrick Jaguar XKR-S ’11 530hp Pro 1600kg
@Scorpion0001 Aston Martin V12 Vantage 535hp Pro 1600kg
@Vegasracer Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14 530hp Pro 1650kg
@Rednose58 Maserati Granturismo 540hp Pro 1600kg
@Whitey093 Camaro SS ’10 535hp Pro 1600kg
@Kgffy BMW M3 coupe '07 535hp Pro 1595kg
@CoachMK21 Corvette Z06(C5) ’04 540hp Pro 1600kg
@Jakedog23
@XradkinsCadillac CTS-V coupe ’11 530hp Pro 1600kg
Pro-am

@JCH8r Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14 530hp Pro-am 1600kg
@TEX36Camaro SS ’10 535hp Pro-am 1550kg
@Die_Birdy_DieAston Martin V12 Vantage 535hp Pro-am 1550kg
@thorracingFord Shelby GT 500 535hp Pro-am 1540kg
@racingchamp30BMW M3 coupe '07 535hp Pro-am 1545kg
@oharagbr19
@Adramike

The car selection process is now open, @lllTrick, @JCH8r you have until 10pm est Friday to make a selection

Special note: as I will be working Saturday, I may or may not be able to keep up with the selection process please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD tag (@) the next person in line for me to keep the process moving.

Last edited:
yuck you can have it!
The Shelby could be surprising! I was impressed at how it performed. I just love imports too much. So it wasn't an option for me. But still, seeing that savage cobra front grille staring at you in your rear view mirror can be very intimidating.

(Provided the driver has made it known that he can move on his position from said person viewing him in his rearview.:) )

Outta the Box it's near as fast as my Tuned Camero which I have run ? I don't know, as many times as my RX8.
It's time for a new Challenge!

Race Room Settings:

Start type:
Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Fast
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Minimum No. Of pit Stops: 1 Time(s)
Require Tire Type Change: Yes
Visible damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real

Qualifier Format:

Race Format: Race Alone
Start Type: Final Corner Start

Season Schedule:

Season testing (Jan 4th)

Suzuka Circuit 2014
Apricot Hill Raceway Forward
Silverstone International

Round 1 (Jan 11th)
Suzuka Circuit 2014

Round 2 (Jan 18th) postponed
Autumn Ring Full Forward

Round 3 (Jan 25th)

Daytona International Speedway Road Course

Round 4 (Feb 1st)
Silverstone International

Round 5 (Feb 8th)

Apricot Hill Raceway Forward
19:00, time progression 3

Round 6 (Feb 15th)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Round 2 redo (Feb 22nd)
Autumn Ring Full Forward
New list Please :rolleyes:

let me help you Trick: My 2 tracks for this season are:

1) The Liquid Moly Bathurst 12 hr = Mount Panorama -start time: 08:00 - time progression 15
2) Total 24 Hours of Spa = Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - start time: 11:00 - time progression 30

p.s. Trick you have only 6 hr : 45 mins left to choose a car....

I like your idea of replicating 2 classic GT endurance races in the GT-1 series. Are those correct start times?

I won't have much time for testing. My choice works well in stock tune, so I hope I can tune it to work even better:

Maserati Granturismo 540hp Pro 1600kg, Pro-am 1550kg

Good choice I was close to picking it for its balance and ability to perform well seemingly everywhere. Plus it's the nicest looking car out of the bunch imo.
And well, it's a Maserati, it does 195...bom bom bom bom

@Xradkins your up choose wisely the championship is up for grabs
BULL ****! They are all the same cars, right? You set the BOP. Unless you stacked the deck. I have a life, so nice job of turn the pick over to me at a busy time. But, like I said, the cars are all the same in GT1ish.

BULL ****! They are all the same cars, right? You set the BOP. Unless you stacked the deck. I have a life, so nice job of turn the pick over to me at a busy time. But, like I said, the cars are all the same in GT1ish.
I set the BoP based on the time tests given to me. Thank you very much. and please stop acting like the penguin.

We'll see. The cars are pretty well balanced so it will come down to good driving and maintaining your tires. I have found that top end speed has never mattered though. The golf did well without any, the z34 didnt have much but was a beast and the 91 rx7 was the fastest but was completely uncompetitive. I think exit speed wins races from my experience here.

We'll see. The cars are pretty well balanced so it will come down to good driving and maintaining your tires. I have found that top end speed has never mattered though. The golf did well without any, the z34 didnt have much but was a beast and the 91 rx7 was the fastest but was completely uncompetitive. I think exit speed wins races from my experience here.

Tire maintenance will play a bigger roll for sure. Not even sure how to go about that if your in front. I guess practice racing a few laps conservatively but at a pace that is still fast enough to hold off hard challenges for position. Or get a lead built up and then use the time to preserve tires. Or follow someone and don't try to pass only stay within striking distance try to save tires that way. It will be interesting trying out the different methods see what works. One things for sure. Tires are all but done by 15 min mark going all out.

Coasting through the apex helps, holding higher gears (lower rpm) exiting corners decreases wheelspin, drafting, there are many ways to combat tirewear but we are all fighting it so any advantage will be minimal.

I set the BoP based on the time tests given to me. Thank you very much. and please stop acting like the penguin.
Don't even go there! If you had a rug pulled from under you, what would you say?
So know I'm last to pick? That's just dumb. BUT, l guess if it's your ball Charlie Brown....

I can help you with your racing line if you want. It seems to need some. Just PM me.

Don't even go there! If you had a rug pulled from under you, what would you say?
So know I'm last to pick? That's just dumb. BUT, l guess if it's your ball Charlie Brown....

I can help you with your racing line if you want. It seems to need some. Just PM me.
You were given 8 hours and you knew your turn was coming up. But you are going to P cars are you not? so it's kind of moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back