◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see it end like this but I guess it was bound to happen. I'll probably get PS4 and PCars for it as well sometime when I get a second of free time. I have it on PC but so far just no time to get into it much, would love to continue racing with you guys in some shape or form. Definitely will be more time come cold weather.

Hello everyone.

As discussed last week, its a sad day today in that I officially close RCS. Its been a great 12 seasons consisting of great races, great discussions and more importantly, getting to know some great people. All of you played a role in making this better than I could have hoped for when I started this back in June 2014.

Over the past 12 seasons, we had 66 different drivers compete on the track, 7 different Individual Champions, 5 GT Academy finalist participate in the series during its run and importantly, we saw drivers improve their racecraft over the past several seasons. It was an absolute pleasure to get to be on the same track with each and everyone of you who joined us on race nights. I have so many great memories from this series and I hope all of you do too.

I would especially like thank those that helped the series with your various contributions (@brntguy, @Zii1993 @Wardenclyffe @CoachMK21 @Dragonwhisky @Parcells2 @jazznoisehere @SGETI @aerolite @Kgffy @vovik05 @JoeW). You all were there for the series whenever we need to get something done. Without your help, this would not have succeeded.

Although its sad to close the series, its best to do it now so that it does not die a slow death. That said, there is some good news on the horizon for some of you and Wed Nights.

Once again, many thanks to everyone for supporting the series and I hope to see all of you on the track soon in pCARS or when GT7 comes out.

Best Regards, James (Grim)

Last edited:
Thx for everything U have done for this series, your definitely a class A series director. This was the most organized, and professional series to have the pleasure to race with. Thx to everyone for the great memories. Cya guys on track gt7, pcars.

:eek: @3xGxxxx , a shame the RCS is called to RIP, just entered this league and started to enjoy, but you must have your reasons and that's legitim, anyway reading through the past posts all over you did such an awesome job here for which I take my hat off, good job for a loooong time man, 👍👍👍, hoped this could be continued!

cheers from Vienna,
Jean-Claude :cheers:

Last edited:
Going to be racing tonight. Sorry I went off the grid for the last few weeks, lots of stuff came up. See you guys later on the track!

Would I be allowed in? Heh...

Maybe in a year when I have a completely clean slate I'd like to do a reboot and bring back a series for spec race cars only in some form or another.

Would I be allowed in? Heh...

Maybe in a year when I have a completely clean slate I'd like to do a reboot and bring back a series for spec race cars only in some form or another.
I personally wouldn't care it's not me trying to bring the series back (yet) lol. As long as you follow the same rules applied as before. @GGGMotorsport im sorry I prolly should've run this by you first. Any chance we might see you join us?

Does anyone know how to reach the all mighty Ggg? From what I can tell once both his series were shut down he hasn't been on gtp since

Here comes the kicker. Triple posts. I know but I'm trying to bring attention to a thread that's been inactive for a while lol.

@STEAMER62
@NORML_N
@DCschwinn
@CoachMK21
@Dragonwhisky
@dangerzone641
@serge_1919
@JoeW
@goofytyler
@ParkerMO125
@Nail-27
@Adventuruss
@syntorz
@go6
@Crystalline_T
@USERID_77a23
@Sand_68
@McTrucker
@FlipJ
@Clutch_800
@vsfit
@Fallen_log

@Neovre
@ruddy2uesday
@Jay-c2000
@lousteezy
@joe_diben
@ShrumpRacer86
@hydromatos
@Jakedog23
@mlbguy4life
@gotdirt410sp
@JWalker
@Ph1sher
@drb1269247
@jazznoisehere
@MartinJohn88
@reigninblood1975
@ZMalinowski
@hognhominy
@unsub073
@erazer13
@blueninjacivic
@SkiwiNV
@DesertPenguin09
@JVick1397
@WiiFreak
@Wardenclyffe

@GGGMotorsport
@AlexMk7
@turnupdaheat
@Parcells2
@DoublePass
@racingchamp30
@SGETI
@vovik05
@Mike Lobban
@Ph1sher
@Kgffy
@aerolite
@CallmeMike41
@DynamoE46
@sinna123
@xsitement
@brntguy
@euclid58
@kendawg

Last edited:
Ggg no longer races on Pcars or gt from what I can tell. Also my series on Pcars had a consistant 3-4 people show up so it got shut down before it could go anywhere. He's moved back over to forza where he started. Parcells and brnt guy might know how to reach him there though. As for what got me interested was that I was a part of dz motorsports for the Daytona 24 hour though I didn't play a huge part it made me miss racing in tight groups and having that competition, and out of all the places I've raced and different games, this is still the tightest most entertaining group to run with. If there is interest I may (may being key here) see about a resurrection. But I need people to show interest just in the reunion tour before I even start thinking bout that.

To all that see this and know someone that wanted to race in this series before or just someone that would fit with us all. Tag them here and let's see a turnout! :cheers:

Matterhorn Dristelen _42.jpg
High Speed Ring_42.jpg

Hi Zii,

Hope this goes well for you. I turned GT6 only once in the last 10 mos. In my opinion Pcars is so far beyond GT6, I just can not go back. Something like once you have a car to drive to work, you no longer have any desire to ride a bike to work.

Understood bud. I still have Pcars too I just got really discouraged about my series and how it seemed like it was gonna be the next RCS to me it fell through hard so I started focusing on music and recording. Got my studio built and have been playing around with that. Then after the d24 I realized I have no other races lined up and it brought back all sorts of memories of this series so yea lol I hope it works too. If only for a night.

Hope we can do a reunion race, maybe set up a reunion thread, right now there is no non tuning mini endurance series in snail for gt6. I might give p cars a chance someday but the lack of clubs and oragaized racing over there is what keeps me with gt6, maybe not as realistic but still a lot of great racers to race with and have fun

I was working on making a non tuning mini endurance series but I'm not the best as a public figure so I needed someone else to help with that. So far nothing. I'd love to get something started up again. Similar to RCS but with a few tweaks.

Hope we can do a reunion race, maybe set up a reunion thread, right now there is no non tuning mini endurance series in snail for gt6. I might give p cars a chance someday but the lack of clubs and oragaized racing over there is what keeps me with gt6, maybe not as realistic but still a lot of great racers to race with and have fun
As of now I've seen about 6-7 interested. I'm glad to hear that at least someone is. If there were any days that work better than others for everyone let me know ASAP. As of now I'm looking at Friday since there are no snail events that day and it would be the least chance of losing people to a different event. If interest grows I'll bring it up to zero and see what he thinks about bringing it back. Possibly Fridays of the snail race schedule is up to date.

I was working on making a non tuning mini endurance series but I'm not the best as a public figure so I needed someone else to help with that. So far nothing. I'd love to get something started up again. Similar to RCS but with a few tweaks.
What kind of tweaks? Cause the RCS was pretty well built. :lol:

It wasn't so much a tweak as much as my own idea that just happens to also only use race cars. I like the Pirelli World Challenge series because they do long races (45min) without pit stops for fuel or tires. I'd like to do something like this with Racing Hard tires on spec race cars. Three races: qualifying race, second race, reverse grid race.

That's not bad but the issue with that is that most snail events are 2 hours or less. It's hard to get people to set 3 hours out to do that. It is a good thought and there may be a possibility of something like that involved if (IF) there is interest.

However I am a fan of the pit stop strategy required of the RCS setup. That's the one thing that I probably won't let go of. Sorry. :boggled:

Yea... I never got used to the pitting, but I like endurance in the principle of staying on track for more than a Sunday night race length. Maybe something that makes tires an issue but fuel lasts the entire race? Knowing this you wouldn't have to waste any pit time putting fuel in, always set it to 0 so we're at the same weight (and you'd want to be lighter anyway). Like current F1, no refuelling.

Pirelli World Challenge is not actually an endurance race, it's a sprint race. I am of the opinion that fuel and tire strategies make it much more interesting in that you have to calculate how much fuel to take, which tires and so on and it takes all of that plus great driving to finish well. Sprint races are fun too but that is what we do on Sundays, those are sprint races, no fuel and no tires, race from green light to checkered flag with out any stops. If you are going to do a race car series it should be different from the Sunday races. Put fuel and tire wear set to high and race for 25 -30 mins. Let the people decide what tires they are going to run and when they are going to pit. Unfortunately i'm new to SNAIL and didn't know about the RCS racing but it sounds like fun. If you are going to bring it back for a one night only race i would like to run with you guys.

I'm talking sprint trace relative to snail not real life. Of course that's a real life sprint race but for snail 45 minutes is a long race

But what he's saying is that not having fuel/tire wear on and use that to create strategy then it's not much different than Sunday.

As of now we are only going to be together for one night. And you're more than welcome to join. It was a great series and I'm sure that if it comes back it's exactly what you're looking for. And if interest grows I'd be all for it. Spread the word guys just a few more people show interest and I'll start the pm with those people to get time and day together.

But what he's saying is that not having fuel/tire wear on and use that to create strategy then it's not much different than Sunday.

As of now we are only going to be together for one night. And you're more than welcome to join. It was a great series and I'm sure that if it comes back it's exactly what you're looking for. And if interest grows I'd be all for it. Spread the word guys just a few more people show interest and I'll start the pm with those people to get time and day together.
Whose name did I just see in the like button, lol.
I'd be in for a one race return Zii, loved the RCS.
I got involved with the behind the scenes stuff and I don't think most people realized the amount of time we spent testing cars/tire/fuel settings/scenarios in preparation for each month. The 40 min races were just right. Grim put a lot of time and thought into the RCS and that is why it was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back