◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I last the entire practice and then I start having connection issues
We only had issues with you and full89metal tonight. Second race in fact we were rock solid with the 12 we had racing. full89metal and I are going to see if we can get into a lobby together this week and see if that works.

I cheated myself out of some good finishes, i ran out of gas twice...i had fun though, i was doing better than i thought i would, had fun...

Luckily I only fell for that one in the first race and was very lucky to catch it as late on the 27th lap I just happened to look down and saw that my gas was literally on empty and ran dry about 100 feet from the pit wall. Probably cost me a podium but oh well.

Good racing guys!

I was good on fuel usage last night, but I was terrible on tires. I know I oversteer to begin with, but with tire wear on very fast, it really makes it worse for me. I was originally going to go with 2 pits stops, but my tire wear was way too bad to push it that long so I had to take 3.

On the plus side, I had the fastest overall lap in both races. Can I get a bonus point for that? :)

I also have to say that I really love this set up. The race length is perfect and the pit stop strategy really makes for interesting racing. I hope I can continue to keep my Wednesday nights free.

I was good on fuel usage last night, but I was terrible on tires. I know I oversteer to begin with, but with tire wear on very fast, it really makes it worse for me. I was originally going to go with 2 pits stops, but my tire wear was way too bad to push it that long so I had to take 3.

On the plus side, I had the fastest overall lap in both races. Can I get a bonus point for that? :)

I also have to say that I really love this set up. The race length is perfect and the pit stop strategy really makes for interesting racing. I hope I can continue to keep my Wednesday nights free.
Pit strategy is what earned me the win in the first race as I was able to conserve tires for 10 laps in each stint to make it a 2 stop race along with the element of surprise. I knew it was going to be difficult to pull off in the second race as I would need to drive harder to get through traffic and Jwalker knew what I was going to do. That said, it almost worked but could not hold Jwalker off at the end. Really had a blast.

As for the bonus points, you need to do that in qualifying. :)

Pit strategy is what earned me the win in the first race as I was able to conserve tires for 10 laps in each stint to make it a 2 stop race along with the element of surprise. I knew it was going to be difficult to pull off in the second race as I would need to drive harder to get through traffic and Jwalker knew what I was going to do. That said, it almost worked but could not hold Jwalker off at the end. Really had a blast.

As for the bonus points, you need to do that in qualifying. :)

I was on pole until the very end, then I got nipped. I was close at least. Honestly, I was quite impressed that I qualified that far up.

EDIT:
Who ended up on pole? I usually take pictures of the results, but didn't last night.

I was on pole until the very end, then I got nipped. I was close at least. Honestly, I was quite impressed that I qualified that far up.

EDIT:
Who ended up on pole? I usually take pictures of the results, but didn't last night.
GTPdangerzone just pulled it off

I tried to save gas and make it a one stop race, but I ran out of gas at beginning of last lap

My last pit stop, adding only 10 liters of fuel took 18 seconds (I think). But at that point, I was losing 4 seconds a lap on my near best time, so the final 5 laps I ended up gaining time. You have to do some on the fly calculations, which is why it's pretty cool part of this series.

14527509381_65969e1bf5_c.jpg

This week, the series headed to Apricot Hill with 11 drivers making the grid for Race #1 and 12 drivers for Race #2. Sadly we had one driver that could not make the grid due to mechanical issues. Apricot Hill saw several different pit strategies taking place as tire ware was once again brutal on the left front.

First race saw JWalker_SSR7 leading most of the race however a late pit stop for tires allowed GrimGrnninGhost to assume the lead and hold off a hard charging Walker to take the win. Team Transatlantic Motorsport driver turnupdaheat rounded out the podium with a 3rd place finish.

In the second race, JWalker_SSR7 moved quickly through the field and assumed the lead midway through the first stints and was shaping up to be copy of the first race regarding pit strategies however JWalker_SSR7 was able to exit the pits with 5 laps to go with a much smaller gap on Grim and eventually made the pass for the lead in the closing laps. Parcells2 had managed to make up ground after a early incident to round out the top three for his first podium of the season.

Qualification Order

1st - GTPdangerzone641
2nd - CoachMK21
3rd - JWalker_SSR7
4th – GrimGrnninGhost
5th - hognhominy
6th - turnupdaheat
7th - brntguy
8th - mlbguy4life
9th – Parcells2
10th - SkiwiNV
11th - blueninjacivic

Results from Race #1

1st – GrimGrnninGhost (28 Laps)
2nd - JWalker_SSR7 (28 Laps – 2.360 behind)
3rd - turnupdaheat (28 Laps – 36.576 behind)
4th - brntguy (28 Laps – 37.026 behind)
5th - CoachMK21 (28 Laps – 40.183 behind)
6th - hognhominy (28 Laps – 47.418 behind)
7th - Parcells2 (28 Laps – 57.312 behind)
8th - SkiwiNV (28 Laps – 1:08.103 behind)
9th - mlbguy4life (28 Laps – 1:11.038 behind)
10th - GTPdangerzone641 (DNF)
11th - blueninjacivic (DNF)

Results from Race #2

1st - JWalker_SSR7 (28 Laps)
2nd - GrimGrnninGhost (28 Laps – 2.6.86 behind)
3rd - Parcells2 (28 Laps – 37.239 behind)
4th - CoachMK21 (28 Laps – 45.404 behind)
5th - hognhominy (28 Laps – 59.830 behind)
6th - turnupdaheat (28 Laps – 1:02.498 behind)
7th - mlbguy4life (28 Laps – 1:03.693 behind)
8th - brntguy (28 Laps – 1:07.563 behind)
9th – Joe_DiBen (28 Laps – 1:08.257 behind)
10th - SkiwiNV (27 Laps – +1 Lap)
11th – jay-c2000 (26 Laps – +2 Laps)
12th – GTP_Lousteezy (DNF)

Per the rules, only the top 16 in points are guaranteed starting positions on the grid for next week’s race at Apricot Hill Raceway. If you are in the top 16, and you are sure you will not make it to the race, please let us know so that alternates (in the order listed) know they can race. That said, I’m sure a couple folks will not make the race so there is a good chance alternates will be racing.

14344523887_d4f8318a4f_c.jpg

14531349265_e77a02ff09_h.jpg

In the team standings, we will have four teams competing this season for the Team Championships and it looks like its going to be a tight battle with the top three teams separated by 4 points. This week, Team Empire State Motorsports earned 38 points to earn the top sport going into Week 2.

14551125903_da161d43cf_c.jpg

14344933367_677c24c663_h.jpg

Entry into the season ending All Star race currently has 7 drivers qualified for the event based on last night’s results however with 2 weeks remaining, only Adventuruss, GrimGrnninGhost and JWalker_SSR7 have guaranteed spots on the grid.

Next week, the series heads to Streets of Rome (Reverse) for week three of the season. See you on the track!

Last edited:
I believe you have some errors , I finished 5th, not 5th&10th, and Joe's time has too many digits

Thanks again for your time and effort

I believe you have some errors , I finished 5th, not 5th&10th, and Joe's time has too many digits

Thanks again for your time and effort
Thanks. Its fixed.

I still need to fix the standings graphic once gtp is stable.

Grim, look on the standings chart...something doesn't look right, jwalker looks to be in 1st and 2nd....maybe its just me.

Here is the eligibility order for next Wed's race. Those listed in bold below (top 16) need to be in the lobby ready to race by 8:55 eastern or you will lose your starting spot (for both races) to the next alternate on the list. If you arrive after 8:55, you will drop to the bottom of the alt list for that nights race.
If you are not going to make the race this week and you are in the top 16, please let me know.
Thanks

1 - JWalker_SSR7
2 - turnupdaheat
3 - brntguy
4 - GrimGrnninGhost
5 - CoachMK21
6 - mlbguy4life
7 - Adventuruss
- SkiwiNV (Will miss this weeks Race)
9 - zii1993
10 - Parcells2
11 - Wardenclyffe
12 - GTPdangerzone641
13 - hognhominy
14 - blueninjacivic
15 - Neovre
16 - xsitement

17 - Joe_DiBen
18 - Jakedog23
19 - jay-c2000
20 - GTP_Lousteezy
21 - euclid58
22 - GTP_ParkerMO125
23 - nail-27
24 - DoublePass

Notes - Skiwi has indicated that he will miss this week so Joe_Diben has a spot on the grid for this weeks race.

Last edited:
14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

@DMacs13, dangerzone641 & lousteezy - I need you three to pick a race number that is not in use from the following list prior to your next race. Thanks

Additionally, could everyone ensure you have your race number is on your car prior to the start of the next race. I want to take some race photos but there are some cars with no number and it ruins the quality of the photo. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
according to the u.s. gta thread, i should be expecting an email invite to nationals(i finished 43rd), i am obviously shocked! I know im way down the list on this league now by missing the first two races, but dont count on me attending any of them anytime soon.

Congrats grim on creating this what seems to be very successful league many are enjoying. Thanks jakedog for teaming up with me but any gt time i have now must be applied in a different matter.

Cheers for now, Parker Cornelius

according to the u.s. gta thread, i should be expecting an email invite to nationals(i finished 43rd), i am obviously shocked! I know im way down the list on this league now by missing the first two races, but dont count on me attending any of them anytime soon.

Congrats grim on creating this what seems to be very successful league many are enjoying. Thanks jakedog for teaming up with me but any gt time i have now must be applied in a different matter.

Cheers for now, Parker Cornelius
Congrats on making the GTA! No go kick 🤬 in New York!

14532921751_481e9cde4d_c.jpg

• Do not leave the lobby between races. Should you leave or be disconnected and come back in between races, you will need to fall to the back of the field SAFELY prior to turn #1. (rule added 6/29/14).

My Wednesday availability will be changing after tomorrow. I just found out that my sons summer basketball league has games on Wednesday nights. The start times rotate, 6:00, 7:15 and 8:30. I'll only be able to make it home when he has 6:00 games, which is only July 23rd.

My Wednesday availability will be changing after tomorrow. I just found out that my sons summer basketball league has games on Wednesday nights. The start times rotate, 6:00, 7:15 and 8:30. I'll only be able to make it home when he has 6:00 games, which is only July 23rd.
No worries. Enjoy the basketball games. Race when you can.

14344842237_dfdf1f1a09_c.jpg

Here is the eligibility order for tonight's race. Those listed in bold below (top 16) need to be in the lobby ready to race by 8:55 eastern or you will lose your starting spot (for both races) to the next alternate on the list. If you arrive after 8:55, you will drop to the bottom of the alt list for that nights race.
If you are not going to make the race this week and you are in the top 16, please let me know.
Thanks

1 - JWalker_SSR7
2 - turnupdaheat
3 - brntguy
4 - GrimGrnninGhost
5 - CoachMK21
6 - mlbguy4life
7 - Adventuruss

8 - SkiwiNV (Will miss this weeks Race)
9 - zii1993
10 - Parcells2
11 - Wardenclyffe
12 - GTPdangerzone641
13 - hognhominy
14 - blueninjacivic
15 - Neovre
16 - xsitement

17 - Joe_DiBen
18 - Jakedog23
19 - jay-c2000
20 - GTP_Lousteezy
21 - euclid58
22 - GTP_ParkerMO125
23 - nail-27
24 - DoublePass

Notes - Skiwi has indicated that he will miss this week so Joe_Diben has a spot on the grid for this weeks race.

See you on the track

14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg
@DMacs13, dangerzone641 & lousteezy - I need you three to pick a race number that is not in use from the following list and let me know what it is prior to your next race. Thanks

Additionally, could everyone ensure you have your race number is on your car prior to the start of the next race. I want to take some race photos but there are some cars with no number and it ruins the quality of the photo. Thanks guys.

Can't make tonights races.....my chance for a top 10 just flew out the window, landed in a mud puddle and got ran over by a truck

Can't make tonights races.....my chance for a top 10 just flew out the window, landed in a mud puddle and got ran over by a truck
Sorry to hear that MLB. You might still be in the top 10 after tonight and you still have next weeks races also

Here is the eligibility order for tonight's race. Those listed in bold below (top 16) need to be in the lobby ready to race by 8:55 eastern or you will lose your starting spot (for both races) to the next alternate on the list. If you arrive after 8:55, you will drop to the bottom of the alt list for that nights race.
If you are not going to make the race tonight and you are in the top 16, please let me know.
Thanks

1 - JWalker_SSR7
2 - turnupdaheat
3 - brntguy
4 - GrimGrnninGhost
5 - CoachMK21
6 - mlbguy4life (Will miss this weeks Race)
7 - Adventuruss
8 - SkiwiNV (Will miss this weeks Race)
9 - zii1993
10 - Parcells2
11 - Wardenclyffe
12 - GTPdangerzone641
13 - hognhominy
14 - blueninjacivic
15 - Neovre
16 - xsitement

17 - Joe_DiBen
18 - Jakedog23
19 - jay-c2000
20 - GTP_Lousteezy
21 - euclid58
22 - GTP_ParkerMO125
23 - nail-27
24 - DoublePass

Notes - Skiwi and mlbguy4life have indicated that they will miss this week so Joe_Diben & @Jakedog23 have spots on the grid for this weeks race.

See you on the track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back