◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
The Pit Board

9047288998_04dd5f7cda.jpg

I remember my first test in F1. After five laps, I came back to the pits and tried to play it cool - 'Oh yeah, I'm fine, I'm on top of this' - but I was completely lost.​
Sebastian Vettel​

The beginning of my second summer with the Sunday Night American Interactive League is starting to get pretty exciting! On a personal level, I stunk like Limburger on the track last month (It was such a drag!). The June season has started out so much better! I am feeling better behind the wheel, my lap times are getting more consistent and the fuller grids are really making my Sunday nights a real blast! On the S.N.A.I.L. front... A few months ago there was quite a but of banter about shrinking to 4 divisions. I have to admit I even considered the idea out of want for a larger grid. The statistics within the SNAIL Results Document predicted that our numbers would start growing again. We held out, kept our 5 divisions, and are now being rewarded. We have had several new members join up in the past couple of weeks. (Welcome aboard to all of you!!) The grids for last Sunday and Wednesday nights were packed! Hell, we are even forming contingency plans to move drivers around in case divisions overflow. Pretty damn cool...
We are just getting started. HillRacings Racer X saga was epic! The first quote at the top is for Hill. That was ice cold turkey. Climbing into an unfamiliar sled for the first time, first shot at the upgraded physics of GT6 and the distraction of the crowd. The results and the narrative that came with it and watching the SNAIL community rally behind him was pretty damn exciting! In a couple of weeks, GTA '13 launches and I can't wait for it to take a hold of our league. Aside from the main competition, I see many side gigs forming and the Sunday night battles getting more intense. Pretty damn cool...

I have several things I keep in my weekend therapy kit. SNAIL being one of them. AMA Outdoor National Motocross Championships and the Supercross series are long time staples as well as "Fine Malt Liquor!" What is new this year is the F1, Indy and Indy Lights, V8 supercars or any other road racing I can find. (Still can't watch NASCAR... Sorry.) It is because of this league and all of you guys that my fascination keeps growing. The one thing I enjoy watching the most is start/first turn drama. Throughout the history of racing, the first turn is fraught with disaster and we are not immune. I would rate it pretty high up as one of the most emotional moments in a race. I watch very closely to see what I can learn to improve my first turn manners. We have had discussions on how to improve first turn chaos and even with harsher penalties there is no way to simulate real injury (or death) and the fear of getting dressed down by the team owners and management because you bricked a million dollar race car because you had ants in your pants. All we can do is practice caution and awareness. Every week try a little harder than you did the week before to pull off a clean start. If I had more time, I would host this myself but in the mean time I want to plant a seed. There is talk of running a second "Practice Night"... For night two, I think a little modification would be helpful as much as it would be fun. Ditch qualifying. In it's place, run 5 or 6 one lap races to practice the start/first turn dynamic for that combo. After that, run one full race, repeat for the next combo. Just a thought. In the mean time, I just wanted to put some emphasis on the matter for all SNAILS, old and new.

I know I didn't get into the Result Doc tonight but I will be back to it in the near future. I have a feeling that it is going to become much more popular very soon!! In the mean time, check out the links below, especially the Team SNAIL link! We have a pretty awesome group of drivers involved with Team SNAIL but we still need a few more!

S.N.A.I.L Results

Race hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
Breaker, breaker one nine. Bandit come back.
Tez and I ran Le Mans a few weeks back and we both used the Peugeot 908.

Indeed we did :)

Hitting 230mph with a wall of spray in front of you and picking the right braking point for the chicanes....the stuff nightmares are made of and I didn't have to do that while it was dark like Skills put up with :lol:

Last edited:
The Pit Board

9047288998_04dd5f7cda.jpg

I remember my first test in F1. After five laps, I came back to the pits and tried to play it cool - 'Oh yeah, I'm fine, I'm on top of this' - but I was completely lost.​
Sebastian Vettel​

The beginning of my second summer with the Sunday Night American Interactive League is starting to get pretty exciting! On a personal level, I stunk like Limburger on the track last month (It was such a drag!). The June season has started out so much better! I am feeling better behind the wheel, my lap times are getting more consistent and the fuller grids are really making my Sunday nights a real blast! On the S.N.A.I.L. front... A few months ago there was quite a but of banter about shrinking to 4 divisions. I have to admit I even considered the idea out of want for a larger grid. The statistics within the SNAIL Results Document predicted that our numbers would start growing again. We held out, kept our 5 divisions, and are now being rewarded. We have had several new members join up in the past couple of weeks. (Welcome aboard to all of you!!) The grids for last Sunday and Wednesday nights were packed! Hell, we are even forming contingency plans to move drivers around in case divisions overflow. Pretty damn cool...
We are just getting started. HillRacings Racer X saga was epic! The first quote at the top is for Hill. That was ice cold turkey. Climbing into an unfamiliar sled for the first time, first shot at the upgraded physics of GT6 and the distraction of the crowd. The results and the narrative that came with it and watching the SNAIL community rally behind him was pretty damn exciting! In a couple of weeks, GTA '13 launches and I can't wait for it to take a hold of our league. Aside from the main competition, I see many side gigs forming and the Sunday night battles getting more intense. Pretty damn cool...

I have several things I keep in my weekend therapy kit. SNAIL being one of them. AMA Outdoor National Motocross Championships and the Supercross series are long time staples as well as "Fine Malt Liquor!" What is new this year is the F1, Indy and Indy Lights, V8 supercars or any other road racing I can find. (Still can't watch NASCAR... Sorry.) It is because of this league and all of you guys that my fascination keeps growing. The one thing I enjoy watching the most is start/first turn drama. Throughout the history of racing, the first turn is fraught with disaster and we are not immune. I would rate it pretty high up as one of the most emotional moments in a race. I watch very closely to see what I can learn to improve my first turn manners. We have had discussions on how to improve first turn chaos and even with harsher penalties there is no way to simulate real injury (or death) and the fear of getting dressed down by the team owners and management because you bricked a million dollar race car because you had ants in your pants. All we can do is practice caution and awareness. Every week try a little harder than you did the week before to pull off a clean start. If I had more time, I would host this myself but in the mean time I want to plant a seed. There is talk of running a second "Practice Night"... For night two, I think a little modification would be helpful as much as it would be fun. Ditch qualifying. In it's place, run 5 or 6 one lap races to practice the start/first turn dynamic for that combo. After that, run one full race, repeat for the next combo. Just a thought. In the mean time, I just wanted to put some emphasis on the matter for all SNAILS, old and new.

I know I didn't get into the Result Doc tonight but I will be back to it in the near future. I have a feeling that it is going to become much more popular very soon!! In the mean time, check out the links below, especially the Team SNAIL link! We have a pretty awesome group of drivers involved with Team SNAIL but we still need a few more!

S.N.A.I.L Results

Race hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Another awesome Pit Board exo 👍

Thanks!

Interesting idea on running the one lap races. I know I could use some help in turn 1. Finding a balance between being aggressive enough to keep your spot and taking out everyone in front of you is tricky. Practice would be a real benefit!

Another awesome Pit Board exo 👍

Thanks!

Interesting idea on running the one lap races. I know I could use some help in turn 1. Finding a balance between being aggressive enough to keep your spot and taking out everyone in front of you is tricky. Practice would be a real benefit!

Some time ago, Skills and I ran some 1-2 lap races to prep for some of the first corners, basic early line strategies. In many ways, I found running those short, quickly forgotten or corrected (put the bad stuff behind you, focus on how to do it right) were far more helpful than just hot lapping.

While running the best line is clearly important, knowing how to run your line and respect either the rights of the driver next to you or ahead of you, I found to be a great key to an enjoyable Sunday evening.

Last edited:
Some time ago, Skills and I ran some 1-2 lap races to prep for some of the first corners, basic early line strategies. In many ways, I found running those short, quickly forgotten or corrected (put the bad stuff behind you, focus on how to do it right) were far more helpful than just hot lapping.

While running the best line is clearly important, knowing how to run your line and respect either the rights of the driver Nast to you or ahead of you, I found to be a great key to an enjoyable Sunday evening.
👍👍

When I did this many months ago it gave me a big advantage. You can get good running fast laps on your own but you need others to practice the starts.

The Pit Board

Another awesome edition of The Pit Board! Thanks, Exo!

S.N.A.I.L Results

What? You didn't get into the Result Doc?! SLACKER! :sly:

In all seriousness though, I did something with the Result Doc last night that I've been wanting to do for quite a while.. I highlighted it on the original post to give it the attention it deserves. Simply put, it's a data masterpiece that also serves as the engine that drives the S.N.A.I.L. machine. :bowdown:

jobyone
👍👍

When I did this many months ago it gave me a big advantage. You can get good running fast laps on your own but you need others to practice the starts.

A couple times I have simulated a race start in practice mode race.

martin20az
My best with the 125 cart is 36.819

How in the world are yall getting such fast lap times? The very best I can do after 30 laps of trying is 37.706. And as far as the bmw at daytona. Im 4seconds off the practice times people were running at wednesday practice. I can see making up a few tenths but 4 seconds? Maybe im just in way over my head. Can we start a div 6? Lol. Maybe I would stand a chance. Lol

hooker4
How in the world are yall getting such fast lap times? The very best I can do after 30 laps of trying is 37.706. And as far as the bmw at daytona. Im 4seconds off the practice times people were running at wednesday practice. I can see making up a few tenths but 4 seconds? Maybe im just in way over my head. Can we start a div 6? Lol. Maybe I would stand a chance. Lol

I think you were practicing with mostly D1 and D2 on Wednesday.

you had 2 people, I'll be doing it with just myself!

Perhaps I should have written it more clearly.
There were no formal Sunday night races planned during the Memorial Day holiday. Some SNAILs decided to try and finish their game to 100% completion and started the 24hr races, each on their own. Some did Nurb, some did Le Mans. We all did these races by our lonesome.
It was coincidence Tez and I ran Le Mans. We didn't run it together but simultaneously and merely were comparing notes from our races. He started in 100% wet conditions and I started 100% dry. While the 24hr of Le Mans turned into the 7 days of Le Mans for me, I think it took a day or two longer for Tez.
I was just advising you that we each used the Peugeot. This all may be a moot point since you're going to ironman it and race non-stop. I made many race suspensions. More power to you and good luck.

Hi there, just posting to join up...

Am a clean driver, BIG petrol head and take this kind of thing seriously.

Thanks in advance 😉

Hi there, just posting to join up...

Am a clean driver, BIG petrol head and take this kind of thing seriously.

Thanks in advance 😉

Ahoy Captain. I see you're in SA, GMT +2 time zone. We race 10 PM EDT Sunday and I believe that would be 4 AM, Monday your time. Will that work for you?

Ahoy Captain. I see you're in SA, GMT +2 time zone. We race 10 PM EDT Sunday and I believe that would be 4 AM, Monday your time. Will that work for you?

Ouch, thats going to be a bit hard...
You guys do anything that would be feasible for me?
Anything from 18:00 - 23:00 my time.

Ouch, thats going to be a bit hard...
You guys do anything that would be feasible for me?
Anything from 18:00 - 23:00 my time.
Nothing official. Please peruse our schedule to see if any of the other events would work for you.

I'm not sure what division I should start in, I'm sure some of the turtle racers here can figure that out. I probably shouldn't start in D5, maybe D3 or so. And ill make my way up. If some of the turtles disagree like garage father and joe and dragonwhisky. please let me know because I'm not sure how fast all you racers are. But I know most of you guys are fast. I can try to make it on Sunday nights after turtle racing earlier that day.

Psn is GTP_Ph7shr

Ph1sher,

Skills will be along soon. Just start at page 1, post 1 for info on Time Trial requirements. That should get you started.

I'm not sure what division I should start in, I'm sure some of the turtle racers here can figure that out. I probably shouldn't start in D5, maybe D3 or so. And ill make my way up. If some of the turtles disagree like garage father and joe, please let me know because I'm not sure how fast all you racers are. But I know most of you guys are fast. I can try to make it on Sunday nights after turtle racing earlier that day.

Psn is GTP_Ph7shr

Hi Ph1sher,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. While some of the other SNAILs may have raced with you it would be difficult to place you based off of that. We would ask that you just run the time trial and kcheeb will place you based off of cold hard #s.
Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Perhaps I should have written it more clearly.
There were no formal Sunday night races planned during the Memorial Day holiday. Some SNAILs decided to try and finish their game to 100% completion and started the 24hr races, each on their own. Some did Nurb, some did Le Mans. We all did these races by our lonesome.
It was coincidence Tez and I ran Le Mans. We didn't run it together but simultaneously and merely were comparing notes from our races. He started in 100% wet conditions and I started 100% dry. While the 24hr of Le Mans turned into the 7 days of Le Mans for me, I think it took a day or two longer for Tez.
I was just advising you that we each used the Peugeot. This all may be a moot point since you're going to ironman it and race non-stop. I made many race suspensions. More power to you and good luck.
ok , that makes it better understood easily. Thanks for the luck going to start it Tuesday at 1pm eastern! So excited!

Just a question which car/track am I post to do for the time trial and I'm guessing I need to provide a replay as well? Thanks guys!

Just a question which car/track am I post to do for the time trial and I'm guessing I need to provide a replay as well? Thanks guys!

Look back at the instructions given to you. There is a link embedded into "Time Trial". Click on it and it will take you to what you need to do to run it. No replay will be needed 👍 welcome to SNAIL :)

Latest Posts

Back