◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,834 comments
Well, we did run a form of the ft-86 concept. the non concept version. If I recall, it stuck around for a few weeks too. I agree with the rest of that though, there are a great number of premiums that I have been aching to race, and would probably draw me in for a Sunday. I know I would have picked the Amemiya if I had ever one.

We ran the ft-86 '10 concept which has 483pp. The '09 is lower pp and a genrally nicer car to drive for everyone.

Btw...unbeknownst to me...this is a never before used car in SNAIL Sunday night racing ;)

Great car...can't believe it's never been used.

And to recommend that the understeering Altezza go away...there are some REALLY awesome cars on the unused Premium car list...Amemiya RX7's, Ferrari 430/SP1, Trail and M Celica variants, the Supra race cars, the Fairlady Z33 version S is fantastically neutral, LFA, NSX Type R, G37 High End Performance...too many to list...

Is this list even accurate? There are some crazy good cars on that list that have NEVER been run while some cars have been chosen more than once. Sheesh...check out that list before choosing a recycled car.

Don't forget the f430!

I love that car but I'm tired of spending millions in cars. Not a duper and no extra time to run seasonals for cash. I'm below a million in the bank now thanks to the F10 and all the expensive race cars lately.

Just buy all the Premiums over time, Joe.

Once Bob breaks it in, I paint it up so I know what is ready and what is not.

Man, the 3 suggestions thus far look great! Those would make a sweet lineup all by themselves.

Division 4 data has been completed!

Due to an oversight the final points have changed. I was led to believe there was a different pole winner in the last round. After watching the replays, it appears that GTP_XR_RACER_11 collected the pole point for the last round and that puts him as the un-official winner for the night by 1 point. Sorry for the mistake!

Your Monday Stewards Update

Race Date 14 July 2013​

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing guys!

Division 4 Directors' Report

Holy Schmolly!! Another forest fire of action in the land of D4!! I can't wait to enter the data tomorrow to see just how close the racing was. It seemed like everyone was nuts to butts all night. There were so many close and intense battles! I was buried in it all night long and I am going to have a rough time getting to sleep tonight because of it. Sweaty palms, heart pounding, "Adrenaline Surge!!!" Thanks to all of the D4 gang for another exciting night of SNAIL Racing and for helping me keep the flow going! Maybe someday we will finish on time but I doubt it... It just isn't the D4 way!! I apologize to everyone that got to hear my call to nature... (Ummm, I swear it was raining!!) :yuck:

Division 4 replays have been uploaded as well!

Man, I can't wait until next week!!

True! Specially the Amuse round!
Four cars fighting wheel to wheel on the straight at 8 lap, that was crazy :D

Btw...unbeknownst to me...this is a never before used car in SNAIL Sunday night racing ;)

Great car...can't believe it's never been used.

And to recommend that the understeering Altezza go away...there are some REALLY awesome cars on the unused Premium car list...Amemiya RX7's, Ferrari 430/SP1, Trail and M Celica variants, the Supra race cars, uthe Fairlady Z33 version S is fantastically neutral, LFA, NSX Type R, G37 High End Performance...too many to list...

Is this list even accurate? There are some crazy good cars on that list that have NEVER been run while some cars have been chosen more than once. Sheesh...check out that list before choosing a recycled car.

Yeah man, you have no idea how many times i've been referring that issue. There's a vast list of incredible cars that don't make into the snail choices for over a year and some of then was never chosen as other non exciting at all cars made it twice in less than two months as the Integra RM for exemple.
Once again i beg price winners to please, take a good look into GT5 car list and bring some fresh air.
PS: Next sunday I will be back in Canada landing around 2pm but with a 5 hour jetleg so by the time races start, 10pm, for me it will feel like 3am after a transatlantic flight... let's see what happens.

Sounds like giant power wheels.

Internal Combustion Engine > Electric

I do like RC's in electric over nitro.

I think this is the sort of thing that the electric car needs. Some of the best innovations in automobiles stems from racing. And if you can get a battery to last in an f1 type environment, then getting one to last in a daily driver should be easy.

Anyone else having trouble with the new update? I tried installing it 5times & it just keppt restarting the ps3 6th time I tried it installed fine :-s

I dread the day I go to a racetrack and do not need ear plugs or I go home without a loud ringing sound in my head because all of the racecars were electric and quiet.

I'm not knocking the technology and I"m sure it would be cool to watch but nothing beats the sound of a roaring engine on a track.

Have you guys seen how Formula E drivers will make pit stops? According to Wikipedia:
  • Pit stop will involve a change of car: when the battery runs out, the driver will make a pit stop, then will run 100 metres to climb into a recharged car
I hope this turns out to be accurate. It'd be interesting to see a pass made on foot in pit "lane" rather than in a car and on the track. Reminds me of Speed Racer when races started with all the drivers sprinting to their cars. :dopey:

Sounds like giant power wheels.

Internal Combustion Engine > Electric

I do like RC's in electric over nitro.

Do you do on-road or off-road? I spent quite a few years (and quite a few dollars) on 1/10th scale touring cars. Started with electric, but got lured into the sexiness of nitro. I agree that the handling and no-mess aspect of electric was awesome, but I felt like it became a contest of who had the best batteries and how well they were maintained/cycled/recharged etc. But yeah, nitro cars are messy as hell. In fact, I spent a lot time trying to develop ways to mount various exhaust pipes to the rear of the car rather than to the side. It reduced the amount of nitro gunk all over the car, but it was basically impossible to build a rear-exhaust system that didn't sacrifice power. :indiff:

Sir Stirling Moss felt running starts favored him. Good bio on him on YouTube with Patrick Stewart that discussed the foot race to the vehicles.

I can imagine this will be a bunch of cars that look like f1 cars but make the sound of Nissan leafs

Yeah, kinda.. :lol:

Sir Stirling Moss felt running starts favored him. Good bio on him on YouTube with Patrick Stewart that discussed the foot race to the vehicles.

You mean this one? I'll find some time later to find the part where they talk about the foot races. :)

My car is 1/10 short course 4x4 off road truck. Really fast :)

I was a huge fan of the old moto gp stuff. All those races started with the guys running 20yds across the track to their bikes then push starting the bikes until they fired and off they went. Great stuff.

Pick something that's FR with a V8. Doesn't have to be a muscle car. It could be something with a nice chassis and suspension system.

Last edited:
Back