◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
Hello, I'm in D3 and would like to participate in the practice tonight. Where can I join? thank you

XR ... I will post the room numbers 15 minutes before 10 o'clock EST.

Please clear your cache, reboot your modem, etc.

By the way, anyone interested in hosting / directing Red Room tonight?

Even having to perform an erase operation before a write, an SSD will be faster. I had the SSD in an external enclosure anyway, so it's getting much better use now.

It's definitely faster...just not as fast as it would be in a PC.

I will try to make it to practice tonight, but only after I spend some quality time with my wife.

It's the closest I get to being in 'first place' so I want to keep my spot!

See you gents later.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but I'm not getting a dell or hp laptop. My tablet fills all of my mobile needs so mobility is not needed, and hp and dell are the worst. One of the reasons I asked about building a pc is because companies with high standards (e.g. Asus, Sony, Samsung, apple) Charge more for not being total crap to deal with. Only thing I'm sold on wanting at least 8 gb ram, as editing pictures eats ram for breakfast. Ssd would be nice but is it worth the price? I was more having problems understanding lingo about processors like threading and flops and all that crap, hard for me to decide what is worth paying for when the selling point is "33% more flops". Also is a dedicated graphics card good for using photo editing programs? Or does that all fall on cpu and ram?

Should have been more specific lol

SSD I think is the best upgrade, anybody who says different probably doesnt have one. I picked up mine for 60 bux shipped, 128GB OCZ Agility 4. Wait until Black Friday because they should all go on sale.

If you use Photoshop, I suggest getting a normal drive also. Preferably a 7200rpm drive. Use it for scratch space, and other storing you don't want to do on your SSD. Keep the SSD as clean as possible with the Programs you need and store all data on the secondary drive.

Also there is some optimization with the SSD such as TRIM and off-setting the partition back to get the best performance.

I put together 8GB RAM, 8 core AMD CPU, and motherboard with SATAIII for $160 (This is minus drives, case, power supply, fans, and OS. Basically barebones). If you know what you need and can wait for a deal they will surely pop up.

Also check out http://pcpartpicker.com/ for compatibility of parts and general idea on cost. You can also see other people's published build lists

If you have any questions let me know.

XR ... I will post the room numbers 15 minutes before 10 o'clock EST.

Please clear your cache, reboot your modem, etc.

By the way, anyone interested in hosting / directing Red Room tonight?

Thank you, how to clear the cache .. I always do this before enter and use internet cable directly into my PS3

9518480305_66128475e3_h.jpg

so that's why they call it the brick yard.
9518480193_1af3c1de59_h.jpg

Can you make it to the podium?
9521266754_eba3b3c2b0_h.jpg

9521266636_42fcad27b8_h.jpg

from the back,
9518479733_b3d470d905_h.jpg

or the front?
9518479469_499c2620fa_h.jpg

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday August 11th please join with your best racecraft BLUE ROOM :

1472-6118-3615-5260-7157

Everyone else please join with your best racecraft the Red Room:

1472-6399-8665-9409-8275

The Combos have been posted!! 👍

Ninja'd from Goat
9517107623_c3b3cb8fe5_h.jpg

Last edited:
9518480305_66128475e3_h.jpg

so that's why they call it the brick yard.
Yep, back in 1909 the track was paved with bricks. Took 3.2 million of them. Then in the 30s they started replacing the bricks with tarmac. FInally in the sixties they finished repaving everything and left this, a 3 foot wide line of bricks. Thus the nickname.

Yep, back in 1909 the track was paved with bricks. Took 3.2 million of them. Then in the 30s they started replacing the bricks with tarmac. FInally in the sixties they finished repaving everything and left this, a 3 foot wide line of bricks. Thus the nickname.

The thing that always blows my mind is that, through the 1920s, when Indy was the only brick oval in the National Championship, the vast majority of ovals were made of wood. A few were dirt, but wood was the favorite surface for ovals back then. Supposedly, they had much better grip than pavement or brick.

By 1932, there weren't any board tracks left, and Indy soon paved the bricks.

The thing that always blows my mind is that, through the 1920s, when Indy was the only brick oval in the National Championship, the vast majority of ovals were made of wood. A few were dirt, but wood was the favorite surface for ovals back then. Supposedly, they had much better grip than pavement or brick.

By 1932, there weren't any board tracks left, and Indy soon paved the bricks.

Hmm.. racing on a wood surface? I wonder if flat tires or others problems were ever an issue. :dunce:

Here in Indiana the kids are taken to the museum and to see the track as a school field trip. They all get the chance to kiss the yard of bricks. :) I really glad they take them and they get to do that. That speedway is a huge part of racing and Indiana.

Us Hoosiers sure are proud of it.

I call it my home track on GT5.

The Lotus combo is utterly amazingly incredibly awesome for racing. Had one of the best races tonight with Martin and QwietStorm.

Finally got a groove in the Viper. Dropped over a second off my best times.

The SP1 is unique. I don't hate it however I don't love it.

I do love all three cars are premiums with usable cockpit views.

Laguna Seca is coming back!
Would be almost impossible to repeat my 3 poles in a row I got in D5 but I expect a good result there :)

Just had a very sexy photo shoot.
9519894770_ded7cc814b_h.jpg

9517107623_c3b3cb8fe5_h.jpg

Hope you like.:)

Those are really, very good shots Goat.

Ain't a fan of purple so much, but the photos are very good. If the car was in blue my "O" face woulda' made an appearance. ;) :D

Which rims are those?

Hey I am new here, what do I need to do? I would like to join.

Tevesh, Skills should be along shortly for the official welcome message. In the meantime please read the first post and everything you see from every link in that post. Pay very close attention to what you find when you click the SNAIL OLR link please.

Last edited:
Those are really, very good shots Goat.

Ain't a fan of purple so much, but the photos are very good. If the car was in blue my "O" face woulda' made an appearance. ;) :D

Which rims are those?

I am glad you like them. I think those rims are just the stock rims. I remember we raced this car before sometime last summer but I was camping and missed it. Can't wait to let her loose! (purple is my favorite color)

Hey I am new here, what do I need to do? I would like to join.

Hello tevesh2,

We would love to have you in the league.
Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

What about the 20 - 40 degrees of banking?

Splinters in tires, faces, radiators? They were somewhat like a bicycle velodrome, but were later dubbed murderdromes in newspapers after some accidents.

More on Wiki if you want, under "Board Track Racing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_track_racing

Awesome link, Handlebar! Just read it from top to bottom. Although they didn't get the racing surface right, they "nailed" things like the banked ovals to maximize speed and stadium seating to maximize the number of fans watching/paying. My favorite line:

..carpenters would repair the tracks from below, sometimes even during a race, while the cars raced overhead at 120 mph (190 km/h) or faster.

Yellow flag what?? Safety car who??? :lol:

I am going to hit D1 for a bit for practice.

Fair warning - if I am in the Viper and it goes all loose like Lindsay Lohan.

Crazysauce. No control or recovery.

(In my hands)

Leaving D1. Blech, not having much fun at Seca.

I envy you guys being able control these super high HP beasties. The light touch is beyond me, I guess.

Handlebar
Leaving D1. Blech, not having much fun at Seca.

I envy you guys being able control these super high HP beasties. The light touch is beyond me, I guess.

I think you left the car to Lindsay.

Back